Armor is a must.

Øathbetrayer

I strongly suggest armor is a must. Yes I read that at the moment it is a Maybe.

I have lucky perk and thick skin and I still get scratched very very often when a zombie never even touches me (animation wise). 

We need to be able to pick up trash can lids as shields

Hunt for animals(future) and make leather

Find leather jackets, biker gloves, SWAT/Riot gear.

Anti blood splatter gear, gas masks, eye wear, breathing apparatus. 

I feel very helpless in the game when I leave my base, and I feel it makes the game more complex(better).

One of the first things I would do in real life is to dress in some sort of protective armor.

It might come with the "clothing update", I think I have read something about it a few month ago.

Adding defensive properties to cloth :  a sweat will reduce the chance to get scratched on your arms in comparaison to a t-shirt.

I think it's a planned feature and will obviously come with new kind of cloth, but remember that wearing a anti-riot suit during a sunny summer day will get very hot (so exaustion & thirst will increase really fast).

• 2 weeks later...

IMO armor should reduce speed, and increase heat depending on how much of you you have on, but can cause scratches if worn naked for long periods of time.

you don't wear just Plate mail. or Chain Mail after all.

Most of my scratches happen on the legs though, leg armor even rolled up magazines would be awesome.

I strongly suggest armor is a must. Yes I read that at the moment it is a Maybe.

I have lucky perk and thick skin and I still get scratched very very often when a zombie never even touches me (animation wise). 

This happens to me as well even when I'm in the middle of pushing a zombie back and it's staggering, I once got bitten in the leg by a zombie that was in the process of falling over backwards after being shoved. Much swearing resulted from that one.

IMO armor should reduce speed, and increase heat depending on how much of you you have on, but can cause scratches if worn naked for long periods of time.

Most of my scratches happen on the legs though, leg armor even rolled up magazines would be awesome.

I think the guy mean armor in the way of thick clothes like leather jackets and such.

Properly speaking a perfect armor for a zombie apocalypse would be like the protective clothing weared by police dog trainers. Just a little less bulky.

I think the guy mean armor in the way of thick clothes like leather jackets and such.

Properly speaking a perfect armor for a zombie apocalypse would be like the protective clothing weared by police dog trainers. Just a little less bulky.

But i think it woudl be impossible to move properly, at least run away from a horde. I think what it has to be added is a low caliber bulletproof  vest, it should be hard to find, and it`ll protect us only from pistol shots (in the chest zone, obviously) although we`ll sure suffer from a broken rib and injuries like that

But i think it woudl be impossible to move properly, at least run away from a horde. I think what it has to be added is a low caliber bulletproof  vest, it should be hard to find, and it`ll protect us only from pistol shots (in the chest zone, obviously) although we`ll sure suffer from a broken rib and injuries like that

What I mean is a vest similar to the ones used to train attack dogs. Not the same vest.

Have you see those jump suits used by F1 pilots? They are padded enought to prevent scratches and bites from zombies and are not bulky so they would not restrict movement speed.

The only problem is that they are a lot hot so in the summer...

What I mean is a vest similar to the ones used to train attack dogs. Not the same vest.

Have you see those jump suits used by F1 pilots? They are padded enought to prevent scratches and bites from zombies and are not bulky so they would not restrict movement speed.

Yes....i wonder where you`ll get one, XD

There's a race strip in the map of the game. Just take a look on the project zomboid map

There's a race strip in the map of the game. Just take a look on the project zomboid map

Oh, yes, you`re right!! sorry, my fault

No offense guys but I think realistically all you'd need would be a sweater.... Has anyone ever tried to chew through cloth before? Humans (and z's) have very limited jaw strength and to actually "bite" through a piece of cloth would be near impossible. They'd have to chew on you for a bit to get through it, or rip it. All this ballistic gear is unnecessary imo. Maybe thicker jeans will rip less or leather jackets that will do the same.

No offense guys but I think realistically all you'd need would be a sweater.... Has anyone ever tried to chew through cloth before? Humans (and z's) have very limited jaw strength and to actually "bite" through a piece of cloth would be near impossible. They'd have to chew on you for a bit to get through it, or rip it. All this ballistic gear is unnecessary imo. Maybe thicker jeans will rip less or leather jackets that will do the same.

The problem are not bites but scratchs.

Except for leather jackets that are pretty resistant normally, most cloths are not designed to resist the pull of human hands.

Its quite easily to rip clothes apart and a zombie would have no problem doing the same with a sweater and thus scratch the character.

Thats why I mentioned tear resistant clothes like the jumsuits of F1 pilots.

Kevlar motorcycle apparel. My jacket is mesh so that it is breathable and weighs maybe 2lbs, but still has an estimated 10,000lb tensil strength to resist any ripping or tearing. A zombie will not be able to bite through, or rip that jacket. Not to mention the built in shoulder, elbow, and back pads.

OK just to be clear. I have got cuts through a sweater with little to no damage to the clothing itself.

Then about the armor its something that has not been confirmed but is most likely going to be added due to the amount of people on the forums wanting it. Still it could be a while or even worse. It could be denied, pretty sure they confirmed it or mentioned it at some point but cant prove it.

Except for leather jackets that are pretty resistant normally, most cloths are not designed to resist the pull of human hands.

Its quite easily to rip clothes apart and a zombie would have no problem doing the same with a sweater and thus scratch the character.

I'd like you to perform an experiment: Take your shirt in both of your hands and see how much power it takes to rip your shirt apart, or even a sleeve. Honestly I think it'd be better if they did rip easier so you could ditch the piece and run. Clothes (in first world countries) are built to be durable and cheap.

I'm not sure how a human fingernail would pierce a piece of clothing more than a human tooth.

I'd suggest tight clothing that's not easy to grab on to, lightweight so as not to be too hot, and some duct tape to tape down edges.

OK just to be clear. I have got cuts through a sweater with little to no damage to the clothing itself.

Then about the armor its something that has not been confirmed but is most likely going to be added due to the amount of people on the forums wanting it. Still it could be a while or even worse. It could be denied, pretty sure they confirmed it or mentioned it at some point but cant prove it.

Was the cut due to a human grabbing you? I think the forum of people are wanting armor because they're forgetting that these Z's are basically slow, dumb, dead human beings. We're attributing superhuman powers to them when they simply don't exist.

Now if they start going "Dawn of the Dead" (new version) on us, then yes I would think armor may be an awesome thing to have.

Ok, this is only my second post, but I've been playing for about 6 months now, so I hope you don't consider me too much a noob.  However, if we're going by standard zombie lore, zombies don't have normal fingers.  They've been clawing at the ground, walls, pretty much anything that's in their way for days/weeks.  So it's believable that all that's left is sharpened bony points on their fingers.  Those could very easily tear and snag on clothing.  Keep in mind that teeth and bones are just hardened calcium at its most basic level.  Even if the zombie were truly dumb and slow, all it would take is a passing grab to tear at clothing or exposed skin.

I'd like you to perform an experiment: Take your shirt in both of your hands and see how much power it takes to rip your shirt apart, or even a sleeve. Honestly I think it'd be better if they did rip easier so you could ditch the piece and run. Clothes (in first world countries) are built to be durable and cheap.

I'm not sure how a human fingernail would pierce a piece of clothing more than a human tooth.

I'd suggest tight clothing that's not easy to grab on to, lightweight so as not to be too hot, and some duct tape to tape down edges.

I have and although it resist for a time the tearing if you grab the shirt by both sides of the fabric (sorry my english)

If you take your shirt, grab the collar section by one of the sides only, and try to rip it you will easily tear it. Variations will occur but these will be based on the type of fabric used to make the shirt.

Also there's the factor that if you ask a friend to rip your sweater (acting as the zombie) while you are trying to run away from him, both of you would be applying strength to the act (you running and he trying to grab you) and thus the sweater will rip apart more quick.

The point is: normal clothing is not that resistant to tear.