Scars

Svarog

Simple eyecandy, after wounds heal, why not leave a scar on the body in the health tab? Survivors could show off the bite marks or make up stories about surviving an encounter with a horde while in reality they just jumped through a window.

Back in the day I actually thought this was a feature after taking a bandage off and still seeing a faint scratch like thingy on the body but no 'Scratched' info anywhere.

I just randomly remembered that after looking at the effect of doctor failing to stitch my arm properly and thought I'll throw a suggestion.

I think it could give some trait if your character would have many scars. Like "fearsome" for example or something like that. It would give respect or just cause fear when interacting with other NPCs. Face scars should be more valuable than others.

I think it could give some trait if your character would have many scars. Like "fearsome" for example or something like that. 

Not sure if giving traits would be a such good thing, I mean, being bad in zombies fight and lucky surviving the 33% infection chance of scratches should not make the player OP at intimidating NPCs.

More over, I will trust more scarless / not bandaged peoples to join my group than a "soon to be zombie bandaged guy" or a "hothead raider with scars".

I think scars yould be some kind of reminders of how you could have died and why you should be more carefull from now.

I think it could give some trait if your character would have many scars. Like "fearsome" for example or something like that. 

Not sure if giving traits would be a such good thing, I mean, being bad in zombies fight and lucky surviving the 33% infection chance of scratches should not make the player OP at intimidating NPCs.

More over, I will trust more scarless / not bandaged peoples to join my group than a "soon to be zombie bandaged guy" or a "hothead raider with scars".

I think scars yould be some kind of reminders of how you could have died and why you should be more carefull from now.

I think you're missing the point. I don't think he means what they show more that just scars in general, especially face scars make people look more intimidating.....Someone with a massive scar all the way down their face leaving trails throught their beard is gonna look more scary than a some guy who doesn't look like hes been in a fight his whole life, regardless if it shows how good he is at combat or not it still looks badass

*Insert images of Solid snake and John Marston here*

• 1 year later...