zombie erosion

DuB

Ooh, I would love this! I actually miss the old Z's, from the early early days, and how they looked. Maybe the zombies could slowly transition into that, but maybe not as extreme. It would also be great for determining the freshly turned, who would walk at the natural zombie speed. 

+1

That would be cool! Great way to determine a zombie's age apart from it's strength and movement speed. What if as zombies aged they started leaving blood and/or flesh trails, or even started losing arms and legs (those could perhaps happen 100+ days into the apocalypse)? Although since the zombies would start rotting, it would require that zombies respawn more than just every day that an area is unseen.

I really like this idea as well, though I think it's one of those ideas that can kind of rabbit-hole into being as in depth as you want it to be. Personally, I'd be happy with a minor speed decrease and different shading on the pixel art, as this doesn't inhibit much development in other areas. That being said, you could potentially come up with a very robust system of zombie degradation (much like what BayCon is talking about) and it'd be better, just more time intensive.