Capture a zombie "friend"

unmog

I think it would be really cool if we could capture a zombie somehow, and if we were going insane being around that zombie and talking to it would improve our mood. This is sort of related to the implementation of npcs soon-ish. It would be cool if we could essentially turn a zombie into an npc, like restrain it in a way ala Walking Dead to have a little zombie buddy. Id think you first push one and knock him down, then right click with some handcuffs or rope or gag it with a rag or whatever, then you leash the little guy and bring him home. Maybe could even be a perk, Zombie lover. Sure, if you get too close or dont check its restraints then your little friend turns out to be a benedict arnold and your forced to either put it down or find out thats how you died. :P

I've tried locking a zombie in my bathroom for this sort of roleplay aspect but, it eventually gets out :(

hahaha, I'd actually love to see that kind of twisted feature once the whole survival aspect of the game has been fully finished and balanced. Some kind of "psychology" overhaul ; that would be cool for RP and NPC-storytelling.

While it's not something I would ever see myself doing, it is actually in-line with the general Max Brooks lore regarding "quislings" or Z-Shocked individuals, which I'd consider something far more extreme than merely keeping "pet" zombies. These could also be used as defenses against other players on MP servers potentially...?

I think it would be really cool if we could capture a zombie somehow, and if we were going insane being around that zombie and talking to it would improve our mood. This is sort of related to the implementation of npcs soon-ish. It would be cool if we could essentially turn a zombie into an npc, like restrain it in a way ala Walking Dead to have a little zombie buddy. Id think you first push one and knock him down, then right click with some handcuffs or rope or gag it with a rag or whatever, then you leash the little guy and bring him home. Maybe could even be a perk, Zombie lover. Sure, if you get too close or dont check its restraints then your little friend turns out to be a benedict arnold and your forced to either put it down or find out thats how you died. :P

I've tried locking a zombie in my bathroom for this sort of roleplay aspect but, it eventually gets out :(

You're sick and twisted... I like you.. <3 BFF's. It would be nice to be able to do this and even run across NPC's doing this. 

Hah thanks everyone. I dunno, I mean I get that we can kill zombies or run from them, and I get that zombies are "bad". I just wish there was more fun ways I could interact with them like how some characters do in stories is all. And, it makes sense to me that we could possibly restrain or capture a zombie somehow if we were quick enough after knocking one down. Multiple zombies probably wouldnt work very well considering theyre super dangerous in groups but I think if we could get one alone it wouldn't be that difficult.

Considering the upcoming npcs relationship system, I think it would be amazing to see a survivor keeping his/her loved ones tied to a rope just to see them still... moving, even if they're not alive anymore. It would be quite... morbid, and definitely not good for the survivor's mental health... but definitely understandable. Maybe they still hope they're going to get better in some way. Or... they could use them to train with weapons! Just like Dwarf Fortress!