Update server and public server list question

Cyntiorux

Hi there,

I've been trying to find this answers along the forum but nothing I read answer my questions/issues.

Some friends and I rent a Nitrado server to play multi. It only updates with stable publishes, I created a linux server on my own in another computer and i can update it easily with fresh installations and then copying via ftp to our "online" server. this "solution" let us play but we need to setup admin users to being able to log and play.

I realiced in last update we have a steamapp folder and Im not sure if I can edit to the appmanifest_108600.acf file to force update, or are there any other way to update it.

Our second issue is about public our server, Nitrado answers we only have to set it as true to being able to connect public server list, but it doesn't happen neither.

Our server (actually 31.10) ip is: 5.62.109.62:16261

any help will be more than welcome

Thanks in advance

Use /reloadoptions when you change it as admin if you haven't restarted the server. To see the changes to the public server option.

As for your forced updating I'm not sure what you mean. Are you trying to get access to IWBUMS?

Do you not have an existing Admin account on your server? That may be something you'd have to speak with Nitrado about. If you have admin you can use /adduser "name" "password"  including ""s when you do it.  Then use /grantadmin "name"

Thanks Zeek for your answer, and congrats for your server, I use to play in it from time to time and it's awesome.

About Nitrado server, we have admin and we use it. but even with public set as true it's not shown in the public list.

About the updates, Nitrado only updates to stable builds, now 31.10. To manage manual update, I have a server in centos at home, so I install pz it and simply copy the folder 'projectzomboid' from my home server to Nitrado folder. Then Nitrado one works in updated version but we are able only to get into the server with admin accounts, it doesn't let us get into the game with no whitelist users even with option Open as true.

So, my questions are, how do you update your server? it does alone? or you need to update it manually? or fresh installation? I know how to update the client through steam and Im IWBUMS user, but quite lost in a external linux server. And i dont have access through ssh to do it as in my own server.

any suggestion...

Maybe we should change Nitrado as an option...

Sure, here there are:

servertest.ini

nightlengthmodifier=1.0
PVP=true
PauseEmpty=true
GlobalChat=true
Open=true
ServerWelcomeMessage=<RGB:1,0,0> Bienvenidos al chat del servidor UPW de Project Zomboid en español ! para chat local usa la tecla "t", para usar el chat global, presiona "y" o añade "/all" antes de escribir <LINE> Escriba /help para ver su lista de comandos disponibles <LINE> <RGB:1,1,1> 
LogLocalChat=false
AutoCreateUserInWhiteList=false
DisplayUserName=true
SpawnPoint=0,0,0
SafetySystem=true
ShowSafety=true
SafetyToggleTimer=100
SafetyCooldownTimer=120
SpawnItems=
DefaultPort=16261
ResetID=609635670
Mods=dryTowels
Map=Muldraugh, KY
SpawnRegions=servertest_spawnregions.lua
DoLuaChecksum=true
Public=true
PublicName=UnderPressureWorks (ESP)(24x7)(PVP)(Safety)
PublicDescription= UPW (ESP)(24x7)(PVP)(Safety)
MaxPlayers=8
PingFrequency=10
PingLimit=400
HoursForLootRespawn=48
MaxItemsForLootRespawn=4
ConstructionPreventsLootRespawn=true
HoursForZombiesRespawn=24
IncreaseZombieRespawnBy=0
DropOffWhiteListAfterDeath=false
NoFireSpread=true
NoFire=false
AnnounceDeath=true
MinutesPerPage=1.0
server_browser_announced_ip=5.62.109.62

Sure, here there are:

servertest.ini

nightlengthmodifier=1.0
PVP=true
PauseEmpty=true
GlobalChat=true
Open=true
ServerWelcomeMessage=<RGB:1,0,0> Bienvenidos al chat del servidor UPW de Project Zomboid en español ! para chat local usa la tecla "t", para usar el chat global, presiona "y" o añade "/all" antes de escribir <LINE> Escriba /help para ver su lista de comandos disponibles <LINE> <RGB:1,1,1> 
LogLocalChat=false
AutoCreateUserInWhiteList=false
DisplayUserName=true
SpawnPoint=0,0,0
SafetySystem=true
ShowSafety=true
SafetyToggleTimer=100
SafetyCooldownTimer=120
SpawnItems=
DefaultPort=16261
ResetID=609635670
Mods=dryTowels
Map=Muldraugh, KY
SpawnRegions=servertest_spawnregions.lua
DoLuaChecksum=true
Public=true
PublicName=UnderPressureWorks (ESP)(24x7)(PVP)(Safety)
PublicDescription= UPW (ESP)(24x7)(PVP)(Safety)
MaxPlayers=8
PingFrequency=10
PingLimit=400
HoursForLootRespawn=48
MaxItemsForLootRespawn=4
ConstructionPreventsLootRespawn=true
HoursForZombiesRespawn=24
IncreaseZombieRespawnBy=0
DropOffWhiteListAfterDeath=false
NoFireSpread=true
NoFire=false
AnnounceDeath=true
MinutesPerPage=1.0

I've never seen this option and I have no idea if this is what is particularly affecting your issue. But, I do not have this option.

You may want to turn off DoLuaChecksum=true  to = false instead. If you're running mods, then you'll only be able to get on as admin if your files differ from your servers.

That helped me a lot as now mods are working to everyone!!!

But cant delete that line, everytime i deleted when i restart server it appear again.

Even after comment the line:

AnnounceDeath=true
MinutesPerPage=1.0
// server_browser_announced_ip=5.62.109.62

It creates again. I opened a second incident ticket asking to Nitrado...by the way I saw another Nitrado server in the public server list and I came in to talk with his admin. And they only have the option set as true and worked for them.... arghhhhhh

Having server browser issue also, since i formatted my pc. Was working fine till i formatted it. Noticed issue today in console with server browser, didn't catch what it said just glanced. But i have restarted pc and server since then. Have put exception in firewall etc, not sure what the deal is.

EDIT: Err, issue in browser yesterday.

I tried, and it replaces back to: server_browser_announced_ip=5.62.109.62

And still waiting for Nitrado answer, 3 days waiting for an answer.......

Don't change the server_browser_announced it's there for a very specific reason, due to Nitrados... unique system. It places itself back there because your server would have a heap of issues without it.

As for it not appearing on public, it's something Nitrado will most likely have to resolve on their end.

As for your admin question, or issue I didn't quite understand what the issue was so might have to explain that one again.