Question for Multiplayer and Custom Maps

Karunashi

Hello,

I was hoping to get back into the game after taking a break. Noticed a few updates came through and also a lot of awesome new community made maps have been released. I was wondering if it's possible to play multiple community-made maps in a single server, or if I have to run each map separately with a new character.

I looked at the Maps Project (http://pzmap.crash-override.net) and looking at the overlay, it looks like you can play with all of them on a single map/server. Any clarification on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Yep you can! Just download them integrated to make it easy on yourself.

Could you elaborate? I'm completely lost XD

Find a map already made with the custom ones integrated.

Are they around the forums? I may have missed it, but I've been lurking quite a lot and haven't come across it. If you don't mind, any assistance (links to the said thread) or files of it would be much appreciated.

Are they around the forums? I may have missed it, but I've been lurking quite a lot and haven't come across it. If you don't mind, any assistance (links to the said thread) or files of it would be much appreciated.

Unfortunately I can't give you links. But the best direction I can send you in is to a YouTuber named ManBearPigGaming who does lots of PZs lps with custom map integration and he usually responds to comments. Sorry but I can't help you farther than that.

Unfortunately I can't give you links. But the best direction I can send you in is to a YouTuber named ManBearPigGaming who does lots of PZs lps with custom map integration and he usually responds to comments. Sorry but I can't help you farther than that.

I'm guessing the it's against the rules to share links like that, which is unfortunate. I've actually watched ManBearPigGaming for tutorials when I first started to play, but he has so many Let's Play Videos, I have no idea where to look exactly. Are you suggesting I ask him via Youtube about this?

If ManBearBigGaming could do this, how come it's not really widely shared around here? An FAQ or some form of instructions on the forums would definitely be great for gamers like myself :(.

I'm guessing the it's against the rules to share links like that, which is unfortunate. I've actually watched ManBearPigGaming for tutorials when I first started to play, but he has so many Let's Play Videos, I have no idea where to look exactly. Are you suggesting I ask him via Youtube about this?

If ManBearBigGaming could do this, how come it's not really widely shared around here? An FAQ or some form of instructions on the forums would definitely be great for gamers like myself :(.

He is on the forms as ManBear(something here I think 94).

He is on the forms as ManBearPig87. My mistake.

Any possible way you can get me more information? He's the same guy I contacted on Youtube and I've already commented on his video asking for help. Waiting on his response, but really... There must be some form of documentation on this. If not, someone else must know how to do this. I simply want to try a integrated map with Vanilla + Bedford + Dreadwood + TWD Prison (More is better, but those will suffice)

Any possible way you can get me more information? He's the same guy I contacted on Youtube and I've already commented on his video asking for help. Waiting on his response, but really... There must be some form of documentation on this. If not, someone else must know how to do this. I simply want to try a integrated map with Vanilla + Bedford + Dreadwood + TWD Prison (More is better, but those will suffice)

I'm sorry I can't help you further.

Download the maps

In each zip you downloaded you will see a folder with xx_xx.lotheader files, lot's of them. You will also see a folder that is labeled to the name of the map.

Navigate to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\maps

You will see a few folders in here:

challengemaps

Muldraugh, KY

West Point, KY

You want to take ALL of the .lotheader/.lot files from all the mods and put them in "Muldraugh, KY" folder. This is overwriting the squares where they overlay on the pz map.

Then you want to take the folders labeled "New Denver, BC" "Bedford Falls, KY" etc and put them in the folder holding the folders called Muldraugh and West Point so it will look like this now in the \maps folder:

Bedford Falls, KY

challengemaps

Muldraugh, KY

New Denver, KY

West Point, KY

So now you have all these areas installed, you can load up the game and see how it goes. All spawnpoint, zoning, and map description/info is in it's respective folders. Only the Muldraugh folder can hold the .lotheader/.lot files.