Hello!

I just purchased a server for PZ through you guys. Setup was really quick and had it going. I was very happy. Extremley easy to configure and had all my passwords and parameters set up in short time.

The me and 5 other chaps loaded up, after 45 minutes of gameplay we started having warping and eventually server crash. Pings were 40-100ms which I'm fine with, then spiked 5000+ and crashed again.

I got the 1Gb service and it is rated for 12 players, however it is not keep up with 6.

Customer support offered to upgrade to 2 Gbs, but what was advertised says it should work. Customer was fast to respond though and very friendly.

Just be aware that 12 players, let alone 5 can't be played on 1Gb.

Can you guys setup a server to run the mods (that part isnt hard) but ALSO (and mainly) the map mods which add more locations to the map?

Would setup a server in a heartbeat if I knew I could have bedford, Denver, & Prison mod working and running.

Can you guys setup a server to run the mods (that part isnt hard) but ALSO (and mainly) the map mods which add more locations to the map?

Would setup a server in a heartbeat if I knew I could have bedford, Denver, & Prison mod working and running.

Hi Slow,

Yes, you certainly can install mods, either workshop mods or legacy, we have guides on how to do both. As for Custom maps, we support this as well, you have full root access to your server, your world, your rules.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had my server with Citadel for a couple months, and I have to say that they're absolutely astounding!

Their support is always fast, server's very responsive, and the ease of use when installing a load of mods is amazing!

Not to mention the price! I tried hosting elsewhere, Nitrado included, but encountered various issues that just made it.... bad.

I mean, yeah, they're not perfect, but what they do, they do really well, and for a reasonable price.

That being said; I highly suggest anyone looking to start a PZ server to try them out!

Edited by TumpnBurn

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Are you still active? I know there might be some rookies wondering about trying to figure out the importance of using a hosting like Project Zomboid hosting, so I want to help you in understanding it better. When you choose dedicated hosting, you get the full resources of a single server. You don’t need to worry about other websites clogging up the server’s CPU and RAM. With a dedicated server, you can be sure that bad scripts running on another website or spikes in bandwidth usage won’t slow your server down. There are places like webpundits.in where you can get the cheapest Remote Desktops at a fair price.

Edited by Pullmaney