Rechargeable Flashlight

unmog

I would like some help with a new item, a rechargeable flashlight. The basic idea is you cant use batteries on it, but you could right click the flashlight and get an option to recharge it by cranking it with your hand. It would take time to do so, and the lower the charge on it when you started the longer it would take to fully charge it. It wouldnt last as long as a normal flashlight but it wouldnt take that long to crank it either really. In my mind I have it working similar to filling up a pot of water. If you fill the pot when its empty it takes longer than filling it when its only at half. Im perfectly capable of making a new sprite for the item, Im thinking of just recoloring the default flashlight to be red.

In my own "survival kit" I actually have a hand rechargable flashlight, and it always boggles me why no one ever seems to include them. Other ideas is to make rechargeable flashlights lootable, it would just be rarer to find one than a normal flashlight. Maybe you could substitute rechargeable flashlights for different recipes for normal flashlights too, like the light on a stick. But for now I'll probably keep it super simple and focus on just figuring out how to make the basic rechargeable light.

So... any advice? Or, if you think you can hammer it out easily on your own have at it. :)

I basically do this with my DryTowels mod. In the code, when drying yourself it removes the dry towel and adds an empty wet towel that it charges with uses over time depending on how empty it is. This way, you can stop mid-dry and it'll be half-wet for later use. I use those charges to fill up water containers.

Did not know that, I just have the one with the little hand crank you have to manually charge. I suppose a body heat one would just naturally recharge over time if you carried it on you, though I have no idea how long that would take, nor how long the light would last. I suppose you could always stick the heat flashlight in the oven to fully charge it quickly but, first I'd make a hand crank one. :P