Your biggest derpity derps in Project Zomboid?

Skv

I'm not going to lie, I'm not perfect, and I'm definitely not 'Maybe-that-guy's-friendly...-oh-ohgod-NO-NO-NO' perfect either.

I'm more than confident there's probably a thread similar to this if not the same, but I was just wondering, what are everyone's biggest derpity derps in Project Z?

For anyone wondering, I don't really have one, I'm just a derp everytime I play the game so I really can't decide which one could be considered the biggest Derp.

Well, I'm going to tell this for the fifth time. I never get tired of telling this.

In around my third playthrough, I survived a bit longer than my previous playthroughs. 15 days.

I had just gotten back from a looting run to the warehouse, and I wanted to try out my new found sledge-hammer.

I equipped it, and out of curiosity, destroyed the middle-part of the stairs of my safehouse.

Now, PZ doesn't really know the meaning of physics, so here is what happened:

walked into the, now non-existent, middle part of the stairs. After I went there, my character immedietly teleported to the ground floor, suffering fall damage. Then I walked back into the stairs, and teleported back up the stairs, and then I teleported down again, dying from fall damage.

PZ really needs a falling mechanic and animation. :D

I had just finished building a log wall around my safehouse after several days of hard work. I rewarded myself with a nice pot of soup and 1/2 bottle of whiskey. I went to bed feeling safe for the first night since the apocalypse started. Then I burned to death in my sleep because I forgot to turn the stove off. In hindsight maybe I should have waited to drink the whiskey until after I was finished cooking.

I was running from the biggest horde I've ever seen. I was in the thickest part of WP. I ran up the stairs to the second floor balcony of some building. I quickly closed the doors. I went to the ledge to use the sheet rope I brought along. I accidentally pressed 'e', and fell into the horde waiting below. Two things I noticed on the way down. I forgot the nail for my sheet rope, and that I somehow didn't even notice the horde below until it was too late. I survived the fall, barely. I didn't survive the horde, though.

Tried to escape from a horde so I took the risk of a fracture and jumped out of a window cause I thought they couldn't follow me out of the window little did I realize that  those zombies are like super man and gave no care in the world and a massive pile of zombies came bursting down from the window I came out of  and killed me 10/10 IGN lol

Tried to escape from a horde so I took the risk of a fracture and jumped out of a window cause I thought they couldn't follow me out of the window little did I realize that  those zombies are like super man and gave no care in the world and a massive pile of zombies came bursting down from the window I came out of  and killed me 10/10 IGN lol

World War Z DLC confirmed

(Ok I'm done now)

Fell off that walkway at the big warehouse and got a leg fracture.

Walked all the way home with all the loot, made it there, went to shut the door, and fell off the balcony and got a thigh fracture.

First one took a couple of weeks, and the second took well over a month to heal. Could hardly even walk.

So I made Twiggy's my base, and I filled the front with log walls and created a second floor with fences sheet ropes, and when I'm gonna test them, I press "e" on a fence rather than the window frame, I fell down, and broke my left shin. Then I said "A better idea should be breaking a wall, and replace it with a window frame". So I did it, but I forgot to add a rope, climbed through it, and broke my right thigh. The worst of all? I didn't had too much food, and I struggled for a lot of days with both legs broken.

On 8 months after the apocalypse.

burned to death in a kitchen fire, while making a tutorial video on cooking.

this was before flames were visible

Oh my god. This just made my day.

"And here we have chicke- wait WHAT? I DIED? Wha- how?!"

it was a terrible mic, and i had a nasty cold so sorry for the way i sound......but

skip ahead to 15:20 and remember this was an older build

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKAj13069_Q

I'm playing on a co-op server, and one of the guys who plays a carpenter built these nifty safehouses along the road between Muldraugh and West Point. I decided to run to Muldraugh to see if I could snag another sledge from the warehouse nearby and stopped at a safehouse because I knew I was about to get moderate exertion and need rest, so I spent a minute running up and down the set of stairs he had built to get onto the roof to build nimble a bit and ended up falling off and fracturing my left femur. He set it for me and I walked back to our base and spent a few days healing up while helping finish the last bit of wall to secure it.

A couple days later I decided to climb up the sheet rope to the roof of my house and see about setting up a roof garden, then remembered I had no dirt so I went to climb back down to get some but instead of climbing down the sheet rope I somehow ended up being catapulted over the side (I literally flew a full body length into the air) and broke the same femur that had just healed. Still recovering from that one.

Apart from the average try-to-shove-my-way-through-to-my-house? I have not encountered an utter fuck-up yet. I'll be sure to tell about it when one takes place!

Trust me, it will happen sooner or later.

Like drinking bleach after mistaking it for chardonnay...

:ph34r:

Apart from the average try-to-shove-my-way-through-to-my-house? I have not encountered an utter fuck-up yet. I'll be sure to tell about it when one takes place!

Trust me, it will happen sooner or later.

Like drinking bleach after mistaking it for chardonnay...

:ph34r:

I actually drank bleach after mistaking it for chardonnay... On my first character

I had just finished building a log wall around my safehouse after several days of hard work. I rewarded myself with a nice pot of soup and 1/2 bottle of whiskey. I went to bed feeling safe for the first night since the apocalypse started. Then I burned to death in my sleep because I forgot to turn the stove off. In hindsight maybe I should have waited to drink the whiskey until after I was finished cooking.

Oh this is a good one XD ahaha

-----

As for me, there have been several ones.  A more recent one would be hitting reload on the second floor by a fence...  Then realizing I hit E instead of R as I fall into the midst of 100 zombies.

RIP badass runner chick.

Taking a shotgun to deal with "a couple dozen" zeds down the road from a base over the water from WP and being chased by 100 all the way back to my base was pretty clumsy. Several breached the base and had to be killed on the second floor. Very fun, but I didn't feel too bright.

Worse, today I took the hunting rifle my buddy set up w/ a scope and ammo belts to dispatch some more of the above hoard that decided not to chase me the night before-about 50 or something. It was my first time using that gun and I didn't kill a single damn zed. I led them to the church to mill around (it is Easter after all). I took a break-later my buddy informed me that he took a shotgun and dealt w/ "The Congregation" as he put it. lol

Cooking Stir Fry, walked outside and ended up confronting some players who were headed towards the farmhouse to base.

Obviously, I was already there.

So I invited them to stay, but they left. For safety reasons I followed them to see what they were saying (they were using direct chat to converse with each other).

They started talking about taking the farmhouse over, and thankfully, they eventually decided PVP would only screw them up more because I apparently 'looked experienced'.

Well, would an experienced player let the entire farmhouse burn down in a cooking fire because of a decision to follow passerbys?