Campfire

Sliderpro

I believe, that is way to hard to add fuel to campfires and such. For example, I sawed 2 logs into 6 planks and into 48 sturdy sticks. When I tried to add them, I was astonished, that I had to add each stick MANUALLY..  Suggestion is, that throwing fuel into the fire should be allowed. This is better choice than adding each item individually.

It could be done, for example, by adding durability to flammable items. You throw 10 sticks into fire, and, for example, 5 would start losing durability. Or food-like indicator, which appears only when you throw food into fire and their (cooked) bar appears. Adding 1 item at a time is very, very..bad thing

Why use sturdy sticks for a campfire? It make no sense. Use branches or logs they burn for a way long time and you don't have to worry about nothing.

Wiki says, that 1 log burns for 4 hours. Planks burn for 2 hours. Each log gives 3 planks, so 1 log can give either 4 hours or 6 per item that is a quite a big difference already. Each plank gives 8 sticks, which burn for 20 mins each. 1 plank is either 120 mins or 160 mins. That is a big difference too, considering that is 1 plank. And last, comparing log and sticks - 4 hours versus 1 log x3 planks x8 sticks per plank x20 mins each\60 mins\hour = 8 hours.

1 log can burn for either 4 hours or for 8 hours. Why bother with sticks, they said... 

I don't get your point. If you burn a log you don't have to put anything else in for hours. I don't know what you have to do with campfire beside of cooking and purify water things that you can do with a simple log (you can even cook with a single branche). Plus to transform a log into planks and planks into sturdy stick takes time, time that you will save putting a simle log in to the fire.. I really don't understand why are you making your life harder?

Its a nice thing to add, as a campfire is the only reliable light source after power goes off. Adding more than one item at a time is defenitely not a game changer, but makes life easier. And being a little more economic saves a lot of wood   (tophat) It makes sense as you need 2x less wood for the same burning time.

The counterbalance to the gained time is having to time it so each piece lasts as long as possible. If you put three planks into the campfire at once they'll all burn and only last the duration of "one" plank. That's the benefit of logs, add one and it lasts. Otherwise you have to time it so the planks relay off of one another.

Why use sturdy sticks for a campfire? It make no sense. Use branches or logs they burn for a way long time and you don't have to worry about nothing.

Wiki says, that 1 log burns for 4 hours. Planks burn for 2 hours. Each log gives 3 planks, so 1 log can give either 4 hours or 6 per item that is a quite a big difference already. Each plank gives 8 sticks, which burn for 20 mins each. 1 plank is either 120 mins or 160 mins. That is a big difference too, considering that is 1 plank. And last, comparing log and sticks - 4 hours versus 1 log x3 planks x8 sticks per plank x20 mins each\60 mins\hour = 8 hours.

1 log can burn for either 4 hours or for 8 hours. Why bother with sticks, they said... 

That really is a marginal gain compared to the hassle. Branch + Twig burns for about an hour (long enough to cook any evolved recipe like soup, stir fry, burger, etc.), and you'll end up with more than you could use in months of cooking after chopping down a few trees. There really isn't a need to turn planks into sticks for campfire fuel, just use the planks for your construction projects.