Can't Seem to find a current tutorial for creating recipes

Malaras

All i want to do is make the Saw craftable.

Just want to be-able to do it then can edit whats needed etc. Made recipe file .lua . What else do i need to do?

Thanks,

module MalarasMod{recipe Craft Saw{  Plank,  Nails=2,           RippedSheets,  keep Hammer,  Result:Saw,  Sound:PZ_Hammer,  Time:200.0,}}

You do not want a LUA file. You want a basic text file.

Create a file like: [ModName]/media/scripts/MalarasRecipes.txt

Then put in your recipe data.

module MalarasMod{    recipe Craft Saw    {        Plank,        Nails=2,        RippedSheets,        keep Hammer,        Result:Saw,        Sound:PZ_Hammer,        Time:200.0,    }}

You do not want a LUA file. You want a basic text file.

Create a file like: [ModName]/media/scripts/MalarasRecipes.txt

Then put in your recipe data.

module MalarasMod{    recipe Craft Saw    {        Plank,        Nails=2,        RippedSheets,        keep Hammer,        Result:Saw,        Sound:PZ_Hammer,        Time:200.0,    }}

Didn't even notice that part... Thanks. Been long night..

Ok, that didn't work must be missing something. I have the mod file, mod Shows up in game and all that. Recipe just not working. Trying to get it to work on my hosted server btw.

Going to bed, Will reply later this afternoon.

I would suggest installing the Craft Helper mod and seeing if the recipe is listed.

Also, don't forget to check the Project Zomboid log window for errors when your mod loads. (The window full of text about what loaded and such that runs when Project Zomboid does.)

Did not show up. Is all i need is recipe file? or do i need item file as well wasn't sure cause Saw is in base game.