dylan1313

Credit to Spyder638 for originally creating the mod.

This is an Item Spawner mod, it uses an ingame window that you can navigate through and spawn items with. it will first pop up when you start the game, and can be reopened by pressing the NumENTER KEY. 

Note:

I am not sure if i can emphasize this enough but i still attend school (grade 12) so i don't always have time to work on this mod (or shouldn't, but i generally do anyway). So if ANYBODY has any suggestions, bugs reports/fixes, or can and is willing to help me code and get updates for this mod out sooner I URGE you to PM me.

Features:

• Spawns a variety of weapons and items
  • uses the new UI window to select the item you want without having to memorize codes

Bugs:

• graphics glitch with [2.9.9.15], has yet to appear in [2.9.9.16]
  • if one of the tabs from ZSpawn gets dragged it will go back to where you wanted to move it from and a ghost frame will carry with you outside of the ZSpawn window and only goes away if you close the ZSpawn window

To Do:

• an updated items list to include recently added items
  • Make the ZSpawn Window more efficient

Installation for PZomboid 2.9.9.16 and lower:

1. unzip the file
  2. open the ZSpawn Folder
  3. move the Media folder into your ProjectZomboid Folder

Installation for PZomboid 2.9.9.17+:

1. unzip the file
  2. move the ZSpawn Folder into your mods folder that is inside your ProjectZomboid Folder

ZSpawn 0.2:

ZSpawn.zip

ZSpawn 0.3:

ZSpawn 0.3.zip

ZSpawn 0.3* (2.9.9.17 compatible):

Zspawn 0.3.zip

*in 0.3 [2.9.9.17] compatible version the ZSpawn window no longer automatically spawns when you start the game, but you can still just open it the normal way.

ZSpawn 0.3.2 (2.9.9.17 compatible):

Zspawn (0.3.2).zip

• now plays a lot friendlier with the game, and frame rates when you constantly need to close and reopen it
  • major credit to ExcentriCreation for providing us with this fix
  • *****IMPORTANT***** Now you need to press the ~ KEY to open ZSpawn

Again major Credit to Spyder638 for originally creating the mod. You can find his original thread here.

I was looking for this today and took it from the original forum download and it works great with any build (2.9.9... - 2.9.9.17). Its very helpful when I'm testing features such as carpentry/building and well anything really. I consider this a great mod and hope to see it updated soon. :-)  ;-)

Hey dylan1313, good job updating it!

Just one thing for your consideration: Maybe you should change the key bindings as MacOS for example doesn't support Num-Keys ;)

last i checked the enter key worked, i use both mac and PC (unless you have a shortened keyboard of course), so i didn't know this but i will change it for the greater good.

Hey dylan1313, good job updating it!

Just one thing for your consideration: Maybe you should change the key bindings as MacOS for example doesn't support Num-Keys ;)

last i checked the enter key worked, i use both mac and PC, so i didn't know this but i will change it for the greater good. unless of course you have a shortened keybord

Oh my bad ... I didn't catch the "enter key" - Nevermind then!

What keys CAN you use on Mac? :P

your the Dev. you tell me.  :mrgreen:  ;-)

and it really makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside that so many people are taking interest in my stuff and that Such awesome people like you take the time to interact and look through the posts (especially when they are mine :P )

I fixed the zspawn file to work with the new modding system the devs added. I would post it but I'm kinda noobish in the sense I have no idea how to do these things. :oops:  :geek:

Anyway, yes I fixed it for the new mod section in the PZ menu so you can enable and disable it.

Credit to Spyder638 for originally creating the mod.

This is an Item Spawner mod, it uses an ingame window that you can navigate through and spawn items with. it will first pop up when you start the game, and can be reopened by pressing the NumENTER KEY. 

Note:

I am not sure if i can emphasize this enough but i still attend school (grade 12) so i don't always have time to work on this mod (or shouldn't, but i generally do anyway). So if ANYBODY has any suggestions, bugs reports/fixes, or can and is willing to help me code and get updates for this mod out sooner I URGE you to PM me.

Features:

• Spawns a variety of weapons and items
  • uses the new UI window to select the item you want without having to memorize codes

Bugs:

• graphics glitch with [2.9.9.15], has yet to appear in [2.9.9.16]

To Do:

• an updated items list to include recently added items
  • Make the ZSpawn Window more efficient

Installation:

1. unzip the file
  2. open the ZSpawn Folder
  3. move the Media folder into your ProjectZomboid Folder

ZSpawn 0.2:

attachicon.gifZSpawn.zip

Again major Credit to Spyder638 for originally creating the mod. You can find his original thread here.

I'm glad to see this mod getting updated again! Good luck!

I updated it so you no longer have it pop up as you enter the game till you press enter. The only reason I  got rid of this is simply because the problems you run into. If you save a game in the middle of a zombie attack its a pain in the neck having the ZSpawn window in the way blocking your vision. :???:

EDIT: Ok there you go, glad I could help you out a bit. :-)

I managed to fix the multiple windows bug where you could constantly add more windows of ZSpawn and I made a better mod poster for the folder. (0.3.1) (fedora)

We'll release it as soon as dylan1313 gets back online.

So you fixed what I already fixed? :)

(0.3.2) Complete ZSpawn window fix and lag banishment! The window can be closed and reopened from the last place you had it. The window operates like the normal windows for inventory but still has a small issue closing at the moment which is ok for now as a minor bug.

So all in all ZSpawn finally functions correctly and only has one glitch to get rid of with the ghost window frame which we hope to banish soon. (fedora)  (tophat)

Also replaced the key mapping to ( ~ ) so you're able to play Last Stand without ZSpawn getting in the way as you skip to a round.

BIG THANKS TO: ExcentriCreation