Utility Belt

Nightmaster

That is just a sugestion, but how about you devs introduce utility belts in the game?

Today there are several models of utility belts available that range from simple tool accesory for carpenters/laborers to survivalist belts used in wilderness treks and the like.

Several diferent types could exist in the game, from simple storage option that you wear, belts that count as several tools at once for purpose of crafting and policeman belts, that would allow one to have his pistol holstered and with available ammo nearby.

What you guys think?

I'm sure things like this will be implemented when they add more options for clothing (Headgear, belts, gloves, shoes, socks, etc).

I'm also sure that it's on their list of things to do, but more important things like NPC's and vehicles are probably going to be added first.  :)

The problem with vehicles (except for bikes and horses) is fuel.

Since the amount of every type of item is pre-generated and limited and the fact that there are like only 4-5 gas stations in the maps, any type of vehicle that uses combustion engines would be worthless.

All the possible fuel you acquire would be better used in generators (if you find one).

Since the amount of every type of item is pre-generated and limited and the fact that there are like only 4-5 gas stations in the maps, any type of vehicle that uses combustion engines would be worthless.

All the possible fuel you acquire would be better used in generators (if you find one).

I belive that a horse consume a lot of food and water in order to survie and carry you aound.. I don't think it would be usefull.

I belive that a horse consume a lot of food and water in order to survie and carry you aound.. I don't think it would be usefull.

Actually you can manage horses if you leave him on the wild by simple letting him feed on the grass. Water is the issue here but then again the idea of the game is that it will be difficult to survive.

As Ellie in The Last of Us normally quote "Endure and Survive"

As far as I know, a horse need to eat 2,5% of his weight a day. And grass isn't all he needs in order to stay well. He needs 40% grain per meal and 60% hay, otherwise he need 3 times that eating simple grass.. quite of an expensive vehicle :D

Well... wild mustangs exist in reserves in USA and they manage fine with just grass.

So we have to be cowboys and "lazo" them? :) In any case our horse will be a prey for zombies making really hard to leave them wild.

Anyway that's just my point of view, don't want to argue. :)

Well... we are prey to zombies too and that dont stop us from protecting ourselfs right?

Depending on where is your safe house, you can defend your horse really easy. Also if left free to feed, the horse can efortless outrun any zombie... that is... if the zombie dont use a vehicle himself :P

Looting fastfood (i.e. Spiffo's and Pizza Whirled) should yield grease that can be use for combustion.  It might seem strange at first glance but it does exist.  I saw it on a serious news channel and Mythbuster has done a piece on it too.  That gave me an idea for another post on hot oil to scald zombie or NPC.

So we have to be cowboys and "lazo" them? :) In any case our horse will be a prey for zombies making really hard to leave them wild.

Anyway that's just my point of view, don't want to argue. :)

Well... we are prey to zombies too and that dont stop us from protecting ourselfs right?

Depending on where is your safe house, you can defend your horse really easy. Also if left free to feed, the horse can efortless outrun any zombie... that is... if the zombie dont use a vehicle himself :P

Yeah cowboys zombies! I'm totaly in for that! :D