What should I do to find out PZ's original sprites' name (or code)?

blackteapie

I am currently try and learn to use the Moddable Farming mod (http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/13478-moddablefarming/). During the trials I encounter several difficulties. One of the problems is that I donot know how to find the name of the sprites I want to use.

In the Moddable Farming mod post, the author write down a example like this:

sprite_dead["Eggplant"] = {
"vegetation_farming_01_23", -- rotten
"vegetation_farming_01_13", -- smashed
"vegetation_farming_01_5", -- dry
}

I am curious how I can find the sprite name like "vegetation_farming_01_23" in the example?

I do tried the unpacker I found in the PZ forum. But it only unpack the pack files into several png pictures, with dozens of sprites in each png pictures. And I checked the xml file generated by the unpacker. Unfortunately, I didnot find any sprite name.

Would any one like to tell me what should I do?

Unpacker has a 'split' option, click it, select an .xml file and it will 'export' all tiles\sprites from the .png file. Then it's just the matter of finding the sprite you're looking for, it's file name is what the game uses.

Unpacker has a 'split' option, click it, select an .xml file and it will 'export' all tiles\sprites from the .png file. Then it's just the matter of finding the sprite you're looking for, it's file name is what the game uses.

Thanks.

BTW, is there any other unpackers available in the forum? I currently using this one: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/3511-pz-unpacker/?hl=+unpacker .

But I found it cannot unpack the tile.pack file ( I tried several times. Even one of the time I wait for more than 1 hour, it still just unpack out one png picture and no xml file.). Although it can unpack other pack files with no problem.

• 10 months later...

I'm using the same, just unpacked Tiles.pack without any problems. And splitting tiles takes a ton of time.

:wacko: I have got a hard time on the Tiles.pack unpacking........ 

i can confirm that its doable and i did it in less than 30 mins with my laptop

I'm using the same, just unpacked Tiles.pack without any problems. And splitting tiles takes a ton of time.

i wasnt aware that its splittable and this saves me a huge amt of time and also wasnt aware that each pic had a filename :D this will help me mod. it took me a lot of time to find the red and black wall location and i did it by counting its position from tilezed file grrr.