- one shot kills a zombie

- chance of penetration to kill zombies behind

- "Magazine" Style Reload

- Five bullets per reload

- Uses .308 Winchester ammunition, find in stacks of 10

- Relatively quiet - slightly louder then pistol

- Icon/Sprite of the M1 Garand

- Fire-rate slightly less then shotgun

- Can be found in police station, very-low chance of residential (Ammo & Gun)

- Heavy as a shotgun

Automatic Carbine: (M4 carbine)

- Greater range then shotgun, but less then Rifle

- 2-3 Shots to down a zombie - can be still alive though

- "Magazine" Style Reload"

- Thirty Bullets per reload

- Uses 5.56x45mm NATO ammunition, find in stacks of 25

- Very-High fire rate

- Relatively loud - slightly louder then shotgun

- Same icon/sprite as M4 Carbine

- Can only be found in police station  (Ammo & Gun)

- Heavy as a shotgun

Silencer: (Suppressor)

- Have in main inventory, right click for tab/option to attach to primary or secondary, will remain in inventory when equipped, Greatly Reduces sound, but reduces range & damage slightly 

- Make up an icon/sprite

- Cannot be used on a weapon with a stubby, cannot be used on shotgun/sawnoff

- Can be found in police station, very-low chance of residential 

- Very light

Stubby: (Stubby barrell attachement)

- Have in main inventory, right click for tab/option to attach to primary or secondary, will remain in inventory when equipped, Increases range & damage significantly, Greatly increases sound

- Cannot be used on a weapon with a silencer, cannot be used on shotgun/sawnoff

- Make up an icon/sprite

- Can only be found in police station

- Very light

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not a newbie, in fact I've been following this game since early 2012. The reason I feel like there should be new weapons is to add some variety and realism to the game, for example I know police in Australia don't use civilian shotguns...

It adds a form of realism that isn't what PZ is about.

Rathlord made a post somewhere that perfectly stated my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, ive got a few ideas for a few new firearm stuffs so here it goes:

Semi-Automatic Rifle: (M1 Garand)

- Double the range of a shotgun

- one shot kills a zombie

- chance of penetration to kill zombies behind

- "Magazine" Style Reload

- Five bullets per reload

- Uses .308 Winchester ammunition, find in stacks of 10

- Relatively quiet - slightly louder then pistol

- Icon/Sprite of the M1 Garand

- Fire-rate slightly less then shotgun

- Can be found in police station, very-low chance of residential (Ammo & Gun)

- Heavy as a shotgun

Not be a stickler but the M1 Garand fires .306 rounds, and its stuck to 8 rounds in the "mag" its actually a box clip.

Also its a ww2 collectors item worth thousands of dollars, it would be uncommon and unmoddable (Unless your player had an armorers skill to rival a military armorist, lathes, presses, etc. ) 

Also it is by no means quiet, it would be the loudest gun in the game, if you shot once without hearing protection, you'd be fairly defend for a good 30 seconds.

What would be more likely is an M1a (civilian semi automatic M14) In .308,  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1a

they have a long and short barrel version and suppressor attachments, and is fairly common amongst police forces and civilian shooters a like, hell i'm in Canada and I have one ;P 

That being said i love the idea of more options, and tactics of play, silent and hidden/ loud proud and gory.

@Silents429, Seriously? are you just pandering for Attention/Trolling/Upping your post count?

Insulting other people over ideas for MODS.

I'll give you a little tip, if you don't like it, don't install it, HEY! problem solved!! what do you know?

Also i didn't realize you were the sole developer of the game and only your view on what part of realism mattered.

I wouldn't, whats with all the newbies to the game and there obsession with having 3o weapons with a bunch of attatchments?

I'll refer to the forum rules here;

THE GOLDEN RULE, from which all will follow: 

1) Be Lovely

We want a friendly, helpful atmosphere here  :)  Of course there will be disagreements from time to time, but civil discourse only, please.  No flaming, trolling, newbie-bashing, or similar.

Newbie-bashing, in particular, will not be tolerated.  We will ban with no warning beyond this one.

11) Don't spam.

Its fine to state a differing opinion with respect, but to start with an insult, and then a post trying to reel it back to "Its how i feel" Isn't friendly, or constructive and rather rude and a waste of time/thread space, and quite frankly spam. And a Newbie flaming post.

And i'll state it one more time;

It's a MOD suggestion thread. (I.E don't bother to download it if you don't like it ;-)  )

I am an avid shooter, and would love some alternate realistic weapon options, and no where do i recall Him stating "HUUUUR lets put in 30 new guns in to spam zombies with bullets and run n gun Huuur" and i can only see TWO weapon suggestions...

I'm surprised there was no warning issued.

On another note about silencers; they simply make sense, homemade silencers  have been around forever and I've even successfully made them out of waste materials in  my garage, they're good for about 5-6 shots with light rifle calibers and a good 12-15 with smaller pistol cartridges before no longer hushing the harsh sound before having to find the materials to repair/remake it.   In a real life zombie situation, you can bet your ass i'd be silencing anything i could, less noise-less attention,

I really like the idea Doomblood66.

@Silents429, Seriously? are you just pandering for Attention/Trolling/Upping your post count?

Insulting other people over ideas for MODS.

I'll give you a little tip, if you don't like it, don't install it, HEY! problem solved!! what do you know?

Also i didn't realize you were the sole developer of the game and only your view on what part of realism mattered.

I wouldn't, whats with all the newbies to the game and there obsession with having 3o weapons with a bunch of attatchments?

I'll refer to the forum rules here;

THE GOLDEN RULE, from which all will follow: 

1) Be Lovely

We want a friendly, helpful atmosphere here  :)  Of course there will be disagreements from time to time, but civil discourse only, please.  No flaming, trolling, newbie-bashing, or similar.

Newbie-bashing, in particular, will not be tolerated.  We will ban with no warning beyond this one.

11) Don't spam.

Its fine to state a differing opinion with respect, but to start with an insult, and then a post trying to reel it back to "Its how i feel" Isn't friendly, or constructive and rather rude and a waste of time/thread space, and quite frankly spam. And a Newbie flaming post.

And i'll state it one more time;

It's a MOD suggestion thread. (I.E don't bother to download it if you don't like it ;-)  )

I am an avid shooter, and would love some alternate realistic weapon options, and no where do i recall Him stating "HUUUUR lets put in 30 new guns in to spam zombies with bullets and run n gun Huuur" and i can only see TWO weapon suggestions...

I'm surprised there was no warning issued.

On another note about silencers; they simply make sense, homemade silencers  have been around forever and I've even successfully made them out of waste materials in  my garage, they're good for about 5-6 shots with light rifle calibers and a good 12-15 with smaller pistol cartridges before no longer hushing the harsh sound before having to find the materials to repair/remake it.   In a real life zombie situation, you can bet your ass i'd be silencing anything i could, less noise-less attention,

And you have the audacity to stomp on my opinion hence why I said "I wouldn't" As in I wouldn't like that.

I don't care if this is a mod suggestion, its posted in the ideas where they get feedback to make the ultimate outcome for it, and if you have a problem with that then see your way off this forum, because thats how suggestions work when brought to others for feedback.

And are you really considering that newbie bashing? I asked why all the new people have an obsession with adding a bunch of weapons and attachments, thats a non insulting and perfectly legit question to ask.

The 30 weapons was an overstatement to aid in getting a point across, and wasn't meant to be taken literally. And was at the time of the post a decent thing to say considering at the time we had several threads about the damn topic.

And hows about we refer to a rule YOU broke.

I believe bumping old threads, especially when 80% of yours is to harass me, and suggest I get some form of banning because you disagree with my distaste for extra guns in a game. And since a moderator in this thread even said it, its more then likely you would have noticed it was bad, or when you decided to skim through the rules to find a reason to get a moderator to yell at me.

No where do I say I am some sole developer, and no where is it even hinted, and if you mean where I state "that isn't what PZ is about" well gee thats coming from a lot more then just me on this forum, and coming from a person who has been around Project Zomboids lifetime to see the dev's plans for the game and how they will make it. Not some harsh reality I force onto people because I am stubborn.

And since you have 4 posts I would say your quickly ahead of yourself to be making a lot of assumptions like that,  and if your 4th post is going to be bashing me by bumping an old thread then I think your future on this forum is going to be short if thats your plan of action.

In no way am I newbie bashing in response to someone bashing me for no damn reason.

And since you have 4 posts I would say your quickly ahead of yourself to be making a lot of assumptions like that,  and if your 4th post is going to be bashing me by bumping an old thread then I think your future on this forum is going to be short if thats your plan of action.

In no way am I newbie bashing in response to someone bashing me for no damn reason.

To be clear, there is no rule against bumping old threads.

Having a higher post count doesn't count for anything, here.

If you don't know when you're newbie-bashing, let us remind you for a second time.

Cool down and come back in two weeks, silents429. If you so choose.

Not be a stickler but the M1 Garand fires .306 rounds, and its stuck to 8 rounds in the "mag" its actually a box clip...

Thanks for the response, i my self live in Australia so guns here arent all that common, so i had to base the info off wikipedia, thanks for the clarification tho i appreciate it :)

To be clear, there is no rule against bumping old threads.

Having a higher post count doesn't count for anything, here.

If you don't know when you're newbie-bashing, let us remind you for a second time.

Cool down and come back in two weeks, silents429. If you so choose.

Thanks nasko, i didnt see any rule about bumping so i assume it was allowed,

Are you refering to me bashing you?

Are you refering to me bashing you?

I think it's best if you leave it be.

I do admit that while I'm a sucker for an M1 Garand it probably be really uncommon weapon to come across, I'm also not a big fan of suppressors, for reasons that Rathlord have pointed out in previous threads. Though considering how old this thread is I imagine the mods have already sorted this, or this isn't really up for much more discussion... so.. yeah.

• 3 weeks later...