Changing zombie speed etc.

Zyme

So I want to change the zombies from being shamblers to fast shamblers. How do I find the setting to change this in lua?

I also want to change sight, hearing and smell to eagle-eyed.

So where do I find these values that I can see in Zomboid Server Settings?

I found this in the SandboxVars.lua:

ZombieLore ={Speed = 3,Strength = 2,Toughness = 2,Transmission = 1,Mortality = 5,Reanimate = 3,Cognition = 3,Memory = 2,Decomp = 1,Sight = 3,Hearing = 3,Smell = 3,}

It contains all the values I want to change.

The question is:

1. How?

2. Can these be updated when the server is running? Or am I forced to restart the server? I want to adjust the values depending on if it is day or night and have it apply to all current zombies in the world.

i am also interested. I tried to change the variables in game, but there were no changes.

(When i set own values directly while lua-files were loaded, the changed variables were accepted. But later in game there were no changes working.)

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe there are any max. definitions inside the java source?

Seems to be the question if the configuration of the zombies comes from the .lua files.

If you change the zombie speed to fast inside the sandbox mode - the zombies are running all the time.

At the moment I didnt saw any configuration wich changed the movement animation at a specific speed.