Unbarricading with crowbar

MyTJ

Hi everyone.

Got this idea while reading oooooooooott suggestion http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/13497-barricading-one-side-of-an-entrance/.

I honestly don't know if the suggestion was already made and I don't think it's implemented in the game.

The idea is simple, crowbars are excelent (better than hammers) at removing nails and plank.  They should not only be usable to unbarricade stuff, they should be faster too.

I support this as well. It's pretty realistic and logic too.

I mean, why should I hammer or ax a wooden wall to death instead of just prying its pieces off? Plus, if you disassembled a barricade or wall like this, you should recover more Nails and if you just hammer'd or ax'd it down.

Also, on a related idea, you should also be able to use the Screwdriver to remove Door Hinges and maybe even the doors themselves. I've sometimes hammer'd over a dozen doors just to get 3 Hinges, why shouldn't I be able to just remove them? I mean, I've done that THOUSANDS of times at my home when fixing a door.

I support this as well. It's pretty realistic and logic too.

I mean, why should I hammer or ax a wooden wall to death instead of just prying its pieces off? Plus, if you disassembled a barricade or wall like this, you should recover more Nails and if you just hammer'd or ax'd it down.

Also, on a related idea, you should also be able to use the Screwdriver to remove Door Hinges and maybe even the doors themselves. I've sometimes hammer'd over a dozen doors just to get 3 Hinges, why shouldn't I be able to just remove them? I mean, I've done that THOUSANDS of times at my home when fixing a door.

I am also in favor of this, No point in breaking the full door just to get hinges and a door knob when you could just unscrew them. This considered, where would the door go after that? Collapse to the floor for later breaking?

This considered, where would the door go after that? Collapse to the floor for later breaking?

That's yet another interesting idea. Why does that door has to be destroyed anyway? If a zed attack destroyed the entrance door, why can't I unscrew the door of another nearby home and install it on my door frame? Door recycling could be quite useful for those who don't have a high lvl in Carpentry or available planks. This could be quite a life-saver for all that time before you find your ax and your saw, not to mention the nails.

This considered, where would the door go after that? Collapse to the floor for later breaking?

That's yet another interesting idea. Why does that door has to be destroyed anyway? If a zed attack destroyed the entrance door, why can't I unscrew the door of another nearby home and install it on my door frame? Door recycling could be quite useful for those who don't have a high lvl in Carpentry or available planks. This could be quite a life-saver for all that time before you find your ax and your saw, not to mention the nails.

This kind of discussion remind me of another post I saw, i agreed on it also.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/13289-dissmantlecollect-items-in-the-world-to-reuse-in-your-safe-house/

Yay, I inspired a thread! :D

Just my two cents, I say we should also increase the time for the hammer to rip down barricades.

Maybe even implement the crowbar's ability to silently open locked windows from RoboMat's Lockpicking mod?

Edit: Heh, I didn't refresh the page! You beat me to it, Geras >.<

Hmm.... And perhaps the new Burglar Profession should have some kind of bonus to it. After all, thieves use crowbars a lot to pry stuff open.

Make sense, but construction worker would be good candidate too (as you outlined earlier in the post, it is quite usefull in that field).

Also, maybe it could work on padlock to force it open?