Trait suggestion addiction

ColdEvil

Hello!

Been playing PZ a while now and as a role player i tend to give my character a flavor and a personality. 

The new trait system really nails it and really gives the character allot of flavor and new possibilities within the system.

So i was playing the other day and figured why not my character should start to smoke. System wise this doesn’t give anything except for a happiness decrees and stress release and nothing more positive and nothing negative and that got me thinking. Why not have a system where you actually can get addicted or can select a trait giving you and addiction.

Trait suggestions with NO addictive mechanic:

Addicted to Smokes

The character is addicted to smokes and need to smoke regularly or else you’ll get stressed.

Creation point +1

Alcoholic

The character is an alcoholic and requires alcohol to stay calm.

Creation point +2

Suggestive addiction mechanic:

Painkillers, Smokes and Alcohol have an addiction value. When consumed you'll have an X% change of being addicted to the substance the base chance is low but is increased when consumed multiply times and often The chance is also adjusted if you have the Easily Addicted or decreased if you have the Not Easily Addicted trait. When addicted; your character will require the substance regally if you don’t consume the substance suffer a withdrawal effect; bad mood let, nervous and stressed. The penalties will subside within 2 or 3 days if you don’t consume the substance.

Trait suggestions related to the addiction mechanic:
Easily Addicted

This trait increases the change of the character being addicted to substances when consumed.

Not Easily Addicted

This trait will decree the change of the character being addicted to substances when consumed.

You always need more darker stuff to a already depressive and dark game :)

I love this idea.

Would like:

-A longer time to recover from the Addictions.

-Able to pick it as a trait on character creation. So they was already a smoker/drinker before the dead came.

-The % Of Addiction increase the more you smoke/drink, along with if you have previously been addicted.

Could also add a Caffeine addiction.

I'd love to see addiction is cigarettes and alcohol being in the game, as well as the ability to grow tobacco and brew alcoholic beverages. Tobacco and alcohol would be wonderful trade goods if push comes to shove.

Hello!

Been playing PZ a while now and as a role player i tend to give my character a flavor and a personality. 

The new trait system really nails it and really gives the character allot of flavor and new possibilities within the system.

So i was playing the other day and figured why not my character should start to smoke. System wise this doesn’t give anything except for a happiness decrees and stress release and nothing more positive and nothing negative and that got me thinking. Why not have a system where you actually can get addicted or can select a trait giving you and addiction.

Trait suggestions with NO addictive mechanic:

Addicted to Smokes

The character is addicted to smokes and need to smoke regularly or else you’ll get stressed.

Creation point +1

Alcoholic

The character is an alcoholic and requires alcohol to stay calm.

Creation point +2

Suggestive addiction mechanic:

Painkillers, Smokes and Alcohol have an addiction value. When consumed you'll have an X% change of being addicted to the substance the base chance is low but is increased when consumed multiply times and often The chance is also adjusted if you have the Easily Addicted or decreased if you have the Not Easily Addicted trait. When addicted; your character will require the substance regally if you don’t consume the substance suffer a withdrawal effect; bad mood let, nervous and stressed. The penalties will subside within 2 or 3 days if you don’t consume the substance.

Trait suggestions related to the addiction mechanic:

Easily Addicted

This trait increases the change of the character being addicted to substances when consumed.

Not Easily Addicted

This trait will decree the change of the character being addicted to substances when consumed.

You always need more darker stuff to a already depressive and dark game :)

i like this idea a lot, but withdrawal doesnt go away so easily, Rather than symptoms are just gone after 2-3 (like you suggested) why not have them resurface periodically over some weeks. So it could be very dangerous to get addicted to something and not have a ready supply. A good balance to this would be to allow the addictive substance to give you a small happiness boost when you have it

The idea behind the "Trait suggestions with NO addictive mechanic" is to have no in game caused addictions meaning that for the addicted it will be a new need that the character needs to fur fill. Meaning that addiction will be a optional penalty.

And addiction to coffee! Diffidently!