Absolute Bare min specs

bbcokeley

Hi guys, its been a long time since i posted here last, and an even longer time since i have played.
After  searching the forum (and reddit) i could not find the answers i needed

Reason:
I have a monster of a machine and do not wish to partition asection for another OS and leave it on 24/7 just to run aserver.

After not playing for 6-10months, it would be nice to finally get into the gamehaving just recently bought copies for 5 other mates it would be fun to have like a friends and family thing going on.

I would like to know the absolute bare min specs required (Ram/CPU) needed to run a server of 5-10 players, would a Rasbery Pi do? i figured i could add extra ram etc, or may even get a small HDD mother board and cpu and throw it into a perspex box with the power supply external.

LOGIC:
I dont want a huge electricity bill for runnig a server constantly (my freinds/familly all work different hours and it would be nice for us too all feel we have our own jobs in the game world to get on with if we happen to logf in at awkward hours).

Thanks for your input

Thanks for your reply, i know about renting, but have had very bad experiences with these kinds of services before in other games (namely seven days..) so all of us (freinds family) decided it best too all chip in a few  quid and make a server for any/al gamesthat allow this kind of public/private hosting.

Regards