Barricading one side of an entrance

oooooooooott

I have noticed that, at least in multiplayer, some people have a nasty habit of undoing your hard-made barricades. I know for a fact that, in build 31, TIS made it so that a player may only interact with curtains from the inside. I feel that the game would become much more fair and immersive if looters were made unable to interact with barricades unless they accessed them from the side they were barricaded from.

P.s. I am tired and writing on a phone, plz no judge :[

Personally i think it should be possible to barricade from outside of building and inside too.

Also when barricade is made you can destroy it or you can remove it with hammer but it should require a lot of time and create some noise.

I'm pretty sure everything you mentioned is already implemented in the game.

What I suggested in this post was that people should only be able to destroy barricades from the side they were created on. At the moment, you can destroy barricades made from inside from the outside almost instantaneously with a hammer. As of build 31.something, The Indie Stone made it so that you are unable to interact with curtains from the outside of a closed window. I feel that the same restrictions should apply to barricades.

TLDR: In real life, if you barricade a door from the inside, you can't pull out the planks from the outside. I feel that this should apply to PZ as well.

Personally i think it should be possible to barricade from outside of building and inside too.

Also when barricade is made you can destroy it or you can remove it with hammer but it should require a lot of time and create some noise.

I'm pretty sure everything you mentioned already implemented in the game.

What I suggested in this post was that people should only be able to destroy barricades from the side they were created on. At the moment, you can destroy barricades made from inside from the outside almost instantaneously with a hammer. As of build 31.something, The Indie Stone made it so that you are unable to interact with curtains from the outside of a closed window. I feel that the same restrictions should apply to barricades.

TLDR: In real life, if you barricade a door from the inside, you can't pull out the planks from the outside. I feel that this should apply to PZ as well.

Pretty much this, spot on.

Hmm.. then shame on my, i didn't knew about barricading from outside, of course your idea is very good, same problem like with curtains. Removing barricades should be harder i think though to the point when if someone would try to attack your base then he would have to destroy barricaded windows/doors not just removing them and voila.

Removing with hammer should be only option to owner of the base by default

Hmm.. then shame on my, i didn't knew about barricading from outside, of course your idea is very good, same problem like with curtains. Removing barricades should be harder i think though to the point when if someone would try to attack your base then he would have to destroy barricaded windows/doors not just removing them and voila.

Removing with hammer should be only option to owner of the base by default

There was nothing wrong with your posts. <3

But in my opinion, instead of restricting the removal of barricades to the person who put them there, I suggest instead that there be no way for someone who is supposed to be kept out by barricades getting in, short of smashing them down. As in, if they could enter by other means, they should be able to remove barricades.

+1 for the idea of unbarricading from only one side, although an attacker could still break down the whole door with an axe from either side.

Indeed, but it's still better than having someone come up with a hammer and right click>unbarricade to steal your planks...

God that does sound fun though  :rolleyes: