Ruined and Dirty Clothes

Pixel Pis

What do you think about letting "rot" clothes ?

We have to wash them soon or later ?

And reparing clothes that have be reduce to rugs day by day

To washup 

[ water bottles [2] keep empty bottle [2] or the same quantity form other recipient ]

[ soap [1/4] use ]

[ bleach [1/4] use]

on [ any cloth ]

or

[ elettricity on ]

[ click on washing machine ]

[ soap [1/4] use ]

[ bleach [1/4 use ]

wash a [ not using ] cloth

To repair (like repairing weapon)

[ scissor [1] Keep ]

[ needle [1] Keep ]

[ twine [1/4] use ]

[ rip sheets [1] use ]

on [ any cloth ]

To modify (like to modity any weapon)

[ scissor [1] keep ]

[ needle [1] keep ]

[ twine [1/2] use ]

[ rip sheets [2] keep ]

convert

Blouse to Shirt to Vest to rip sheets 

Pants to Skirt to rip sheets

I woud like dev set Tayloring Skill  to make some new clothes like

Business Clothes ( same temperture protection as regular clothes +25% )

Summer Clothes ( same temperture protection as regular clothes -50% )

Winter Clothes ( same temperture protection as regular clothes +50% )

Boots ( same temperture protection as regular shoes +25% )

Sandals ( same temperture protection as regular shoes -50% )

Raining Vest ( protect from raining day and from cold like Shirt +33% )

Raining Boot ( protect from raining day and from cold like Shoes +33% )

I thinik alot at confort wearing clothes ... and get unhappy for not wearing clothes or wearing dirty clothes ( negative moodlet )

I really like this idea, (you just beat me to posting it actually). But it completely makes sense that people would want to try and have clean clothes during an apocalypse. Running around all day, running through trees, and spattering blood and brains from the undead would probably ruin your evening wear. Although, I think soap and bleach could be the best possible cleaning supplies, there should also be some lower tier stuff, maybe even rinsing it in water could reduce the dirt from it just a little. The whole idea here could be used to give the zombies an extra sense, smell. If the survivors are all nasty and dirty all the time, it wouldnt exactly take a dog to sniff us out. But by cleaning our clothes and using soap and bleach we could reduce the smell, which could also provide some happiness or unhappiness

I like that idea but i think it's too complicated also devs are against hygiene/sanitation.

It could be very simple system: clothes have durability like weapons, tools and after some time would require some repairing (with thread and needle) or they would give less bonuses to temperature and after that they would became unusable.

I like that idea but i think it's too complicated also devs are against hygiene/sanitation.

It could be very simple system: clothes have durability like weapons, tools and after some time would require some repairing (with thread and needle) or they would give less bonuses to temperature and after that they would became unusable.

Exactly

Anyway ... a zomby is a rotting corpse ... so how they will "smell" us ^_^

I think tha happiness or sadness ... boring ... anxiosity should be the best moddled using dirty clothes

I like this idea a lot, though given that clothes are so easy to loot, I wonder if it would really add anything to the game, or if it would just be a click-to-win mechanic. I love anything that adds more realism, but "you must click this button to continue playing" doesn't add much to the game.

Devs are against bathing and using the bathroom but I'm unsure if they're against washing clothing. Could be a good idea to have it in if they're not. Get a small boost to happiness to have clean clothing and help prevent infection in wounds.

Like this idea, also, I've always thought that ripping clothes off a dead zombie and using them as a bandage was quite dangerous and frankly insane :P Why not spawn them with a contaminated version of regular clothes, that should be completely avoided for pretty much anything, under penalty of contamination ?

In addition to OP's suggestion, this would make untouched clothes a valuable, finite ressource (unless Tailoring is added) :D