What is your craziest PZ adventure?

BayCon

What is your craziest Project Zomboid experience? Were you looting a grocery store when you heard glass break behind you and turned only to see a horde funneling inside? Did you walk across the city only to find that your destination is overrun? Whatever the case may be, tell me your craziest Project Zomboid experience. It would be awesome to hear how you survived, if you did. ;)

Here's mine, for example.

My craziest experience was when my brother and I were looting a few houses on a rich neighborhood. I had already spotted enough zombies packed into the streets to be a horde, as there's always a LOT of zombies in those rich neighborhoods. My brother was inside looting the fridge and I was in the garage of the house next door looting tools. When I opened a window to that house itself, an alarm went off and I calmly and instinctively said "Dude, run upstairs...NOW", and ran to regroup with my brother in that house. Oh, and our characters were too sleepy to fight through a horde, so when we ran upstairs and closed ourselves in the smaller bedroom, all we could do is sleep, and hope. As we slept, all we heard was breaking glass everywhere, countless moans, and zombies banging on doors. When we woke up at about 1 in the morning, we found that none of that banging (thankfully) was on our bedroom door, but that didn't matter. It was time for our escape plan. Downstairs was a no-no, I mean, we could hear why that was the case. Jumping out of the second story window in the room was a no-no; who knows how long we would last against a horde of zombies down there with a broken bone. So we settled on sheet ropes, which we had never used this way before. So I fumbled around in my inventory until I had found my ripped sheets, and I nailed two of them, one for each floor. I looked out the window for a second and looked at my brother irl, then took the slide of faith. There were about 30 zombies at the bottom around where the rope was, but every last one of them was focused on the house and somehow didn't see me, so I told my brother to come quickly, and he slid down and we ran until we were out of the neighborhood (the houses we searched were by the entrance). We made it back home safely, and without a scratch. Now that's smart planning! The End (<---lol). 

There's mine. I've only got about 50 hours on the game and about 40 of those were spent noobing around and learning the game, so hopefully I'll have something even more epic later on.

Mine is similar to yours but in a previous build:

I was looting the neighborhood of Cortman Medical, but it was getting dark, my bags weren't full and my safehouse was the Sunstar Motel (and it's quite far) so I decided to sleep inside one of the houses. Went upstairs, close the door of the bedroom and as soon as I put my character to sleep, a gun fire near me. I could hear the speed up banging of zombies while sleeping but I though it was fine.

I wake up with the moaning of zombies but still confident that I was safe. I open the door... no sign of zombies on the second floor. I descend the stairs to discover that the whole floor was full of zombies. A group of them saw me and chased me upstairs, I managed to enter and close the door of the bedroom. They start banging on the door. I was trapped. Only one way out... so I jumped out of the window.. and, waiting for me as I landed, there was an horde that teared me appart in seconds.

That was a bad day.

I went to the mall that one time, not for loot, I went there because I wanted to see it, I was ready for everything, I had canned food, water, planks, guns, ammo, tent etc. Two Big Hiking Bags full of stuff to survive. So I finnaly make it, I break the window and get in, immediately I'm chased by a horde too big to even hope to be able to take it on. I ran around the mall and up to the second floor. During my chaotic running the horde that chased me quadrupled in size. I locked myself in one of small offices, and started shooting zombies through the window (Most brilliant thing I EVER DID) until they got close enough, I went to the back room of that office, barricaded the hell out of the door and... I spent 8 days in that damn room hearing zombies banging on the door (Don't ask me how it's possible the door didn't break, I assume it was a glitch) I drank all the water and ate all the food but one can of beans. I decided to try and get out, so I unbarricade the door and start Open\Swing\Close tactic until I accidentally broke the door because I forgot to open it before swinging and I got eaten by a few dozen zombies that poured into the room.

I have never tried venturing into the mall after that. That character was very important to me as it was one of my best games. Remember, ALWAYS CARRY A SLEDGEHAMMER WITH YOU! if I took one I would have made  out just fine.it

One day, my character got bitten in the groin by a female zombie (ironically) in a 1vs1 fight, and when I'm infected I usually go on a zombie killing spree, so I attracted many of them as I can in the Knox bank, and covered behind the counter and started shooting. I killed most of the zombie in front of me, but then I realized that they started breaking doors, and the only door that was left was the one at my side (If you've been at Knox bank, you'll probably know what door is it), I thought that I was screwed, but somehow I discovered a new tactic: Open the door, shoot, close the door, repeat.

The whole bank was painted red, I took a breather and I said "Yay, I managed to kill +150 zeds without a single scratch, and in before I lost against one, let's celebrate with the finest bleach in Muldraugh" GG.

Early in, I decided to sleep in the upstairs portion of a large house, without a sheet rope for escape. I did not l know about those yet...or that you shouldn't sleep in the upstairs of houses without one, of course. I likewise forgot to close the door to the room, though the door to the house was closed. I seem to recall hearing breaking glass just before nodding off.

I woke up to a massive hoard of them. Armed with only a single golf club, I started swinging. For some reason I cannot recall, I had opened one of the windows, and every other zombie I hit would go flying out the window, only to get up again and reenter the house through the broken window below. It was ridiculously comical. Finally, the golf club broke and they ate me.  

This is not exactly an adventure or a trip .

I was just extending my base ... when I fell down the stairs (see picture :mrgreen:  )

4 days to recover , then I went out and set tu going to the center on the city...

after two hits on a single zed, Cynthia begins to suffer and have heavy  pain , and instead of one or two hit from my fireaxe to let sleep e zed, I have to hit 5 o 7 times ... impossible to survive so ... I went back to the base , luckily for me with only a few scratches in more than before ... They dont infected me ... 

post-21776-0-81191700-1426771893_thumb.p

I started Survival. I spotted a lone zombie.

I go towards it with my baseball bat thinking,

"Oooh they're gonna have to glue you back in hell zombie! I'm gonna beat the crap out of you! Come here! "

And then I whack it, just give it real good swing! It falls down, becomes a so called " Play Dead " zombie and does that surprise attack and bites me. I got infected and died. xD

Lol these a great! Svarog, that is a truly amazing horde story. I've never been to the mall legit, only on a server with admin and invisibility/invincibility. Saw the same amount of zoms you described. Josko_91, best noob moment ever. GG, GG, GG. Dan, I go on rampages too when I get infected, except the shotgun stopped doing damage as I was dying and got more anxious... I get they're going for realism but that's just ridiculous. He missed 3 zoms @ point blank...

Downtown was heavily infested, but I managed to sneak through and finally make my way to the police station after days of trying to reach it.

Broke the window and hopped in.

That's when the alarm went off and signaled all of those lovely zombies I'd so carefully avoided.

In a blind panic I ran through the nearest door as the undead poured into the station, only to find myself trapped in a hallway with cells, interogation rooms, and not a single escape route except for the way I came (which was currently being clawed apart by zombies).

Ran into the furthest interrogation room, eating was meager food I had luckily picked up from a house I decided to make a pit-stop in and sleeping on the single wooden chair, I emerged three days later to find the station abandoned, but torn apart. There wasn't a single unbroken window or door save for the one I hid myself behind.

I made my way to a pair of warehouses in Mul with the hope of finding an axe. The main road was loaded with zeke, so I looped around the backside of the property and approached from the south.

The first window I tried was locked, as was the door. Tried another window, and it breezed right open. As soon as I pulled myself through, an alarm went off. Listening to my gut, I hopped back put the window and dashed across the parking lot to the other warehouse, put my back against the wall, and waited.

A swarm of zombies, anywhere from thirty to fifty of them, flooded around the warehouse I was against like water around a rock. They continued towards the alarmed warehouse without so much as a glance at me.

As soon as it was relatively clear, I gathered my nerve and started around the corner away from the warehouses...directly into the arms of a female zeke. Praying the sound wouldn't draw the herd, I cracked her skull open with a rolling pin and made my escape.

In the fray, she managed to rip the bandage off my right arm. Somehow, she didn't scratch me.

Later on, I returned to the warehouses for a much more successfully loot run. Damn close call, though.

Man, so, this guy called Crom, Jetninja, and I, headed down to the police station down in Muldraugh. Everything was great, the road was barren... then we arrived near the Police station. A mega herd. Not like a "Normal" mega herd.... a mega herd of thousands. It was disgustingly huge. I ran at it like a moron, while Crom and Jetninja snuck into the gun room. Then everything stopped, zombies stopped moving, Crom and Jet stopped moving..... The server had Crashed.

When I got back in, I was chomped on, and Crom made it out alive, but jet was scratched or bitten.. I don't remember. He died later on, but man.... I loved that thing. 

It was the first days of multiplayer being released. I hadn't played PZ in awhile and had been awaiting to play coop with other people. So once I started I was all fine and dandy, I met a carpenter who found me in my base and he helped me fortify it with his skills. (This was an RP server mind you.) So one day he goes out to loot some nails for us, and finds the school in the middle of town. He tells me that we might be able to take it over and fortify it. The plan alone sounded awesome and too good to pass up, so he got his sledgehammer and I gathered all our equipment and we headed South. There were tons of zombies inside and around. Our plan was that I hold the zombies off while he destroyed the steps to the second story, and then threw a sheet rope out the window for me to climb up. We had control of the second story of the school, and soon we devised another plan to lure the zombies away from the school. After doing so, days went by and we started stockpiling equipment/meds/ and ammo. People started noticing us at the school and one after another started joining our group. We had all the bottom windows and doors barricaded and all around us was clear of zombies. Despite being all bloody and filled with corpses. Eventually the inevitable happened, and my friend, the Carpenter, got bitten. Being a master carpenter, he barricaded himself in his classroom and refused to let anyone inside. I talked to him for at least 10 minutes before complete silence. After he had gone, I decided to take charge of the school. We cleared out a wide radius of infected around us, and set up campfires/water barrels/ and fences on the roof for looks outs. Had a library full of learning books at everyones disposal. At one point a survivor in our group came to me and said she was leaving to head further west. When I asked her why, her exact words were "You practically own West Point" and I won't lie, that felt awesome. It was such a great experience. Sadly, all that was gone once the server reset, and my character never met his demise. I wish I could find another PVE server like that, but I've had no such experience since the day I took over the school. R.I.P. My Carpenter friend.  :)

It was the third day since the outbreak. I was in West Point, KY, with my trusty shotgun. I was a newb to the whole "Zombie Apocalypse" scene, and stumbled upon the school. I waltz in through the side door to be surrounded on all sides by zeds. I found a door, where it led I didn't know but I opened it, ran inside, and closed the door behind me. To my disappointment I find myself in a 3x3 room with a fridge, cot, and sink. Everything I could possibly need.

I stay here two days, hearing the crash of glass and banging of doors. I decide it's time for me to make a move. I pull put my shotgun, get my gear together, and get ready to roll. This is it, the moment of truth. I open the door. At least a dozen zombies are waiting for me, but I can take them. I pull the trigger. The only sound is a faint click. I forgot to reload.

I remember one time, a few builds ago, I spawned in the trailer park, which is, for me, one of the worst possible spawn locations, so I grabbed what I could (a fork and a plastic bag) and went outside to search for a safehouse. Zombies around pretty much every house around, and it started raining. I couldn't enter houses discreetly (no time to force open a window without being seen, and breaking the glass would attract them). So I went further, still looking for a house that I could enter quietly. After a while in the rain, my character got sick and started coughing, then sneezing, attracting more and more zombies everytime. I couldn't lose them, I tried packing them, luring them in a corner of the neighborhood then running to the other side, but there were always a few of them there. After many ingame hours of running like a retard, I was starving, dehydrated, exhauster, tired, drenched and sick, and behind me, a gigantic horde of zombies (no exaggeration, there were like 200-300 of them, maybe more. Zoomed out, the horde filled like 1/2 to 2/3 of the screen). At this point my character was in too bad shape to lose them, so eventually they caught up with me and teared me apart in the biggest gangbang i've ever seen.

Lesson learned : Don't stay in the rain :D

A couple of months ago, a group of me and some buddies were setting up shop in Muldraugh for a long haul stay, at the farmhouse close to town with all the corn and dead zombles and stuff. We were all pretty inexperienced, and that means bad stuff tends to happen.

Our resident doctor was downstairs joyfully cooking bacon in the oven, because at that point the power was still flowing. I was upstairs, oogling my stash of useless jewellery and lipstick. I'd opened a window, because there was no longer a zombie threat, and I realised there was some roof outside. In my past experiences, in the real world, a roof is generally solid, so I stepped out to try and get a good view of the world from on top.

Having fallen through the roof into the bathroom full of medical supplies, I gashed my leg, probably on the toilet or something, I heard they're vicious. My doctor friend came rushing to my cries of pain, and spent a little while stitching me up and listening to my explanation of the dangerous attack on my person. I left the room first whilst he put stuff away in the cupboards, and the house was on fire. He rescued me instead of looking after his bacon.

He ran about trying to save weapons and such, I grabbed all the medical supplies I could carry, and then he decided it would be a good idea to run and shut the oven off. He caught fire, and died in agony just outside of the house. I watched it burn, until it rained and the fire went out. Everything was gone, except for a bunch of painkillers and alcohol.

Taking a look around to try and salvage what I could before the others of our group came back to the server, it turned out that a fair amount of the upper storey had burnt away, leaving no walls to protect us. I went to see if the window that had caused the catastrophe had received justice, and fell through the gaping hole where it used to be, breaking my leg whilst doing so.

Our friends arrived, one of them hunted down the reincarnation of the resident doctor, and then they all progressively fell out of windows or gaps in the floor, until most of us were horrifically injured. Then they decided to move shop to West Point.

tl;dr Our house burnt down due to windows, I had to hike to West Point alone with insane zombies and a broken leg, armed only with an axe and a buttload of drugs.

Mine was on an RP Server by BeastWoodGaming, it's still up and running and I play on it.

I started off in Muldraugh, a guy named Sam told me directions to their camp via the radio. So, I arrived, I got accepted and I my role in the group was a Scavenger/Forager. It was good, but then there was a food crisis. Everyone ate worms and pepper in order to survive, so we were thinking of moving. We got attacked by hordes multiple times, but that day, everything changed. A giant horde started bursting in our camp, we collected what we could and ran out. I didn't want to run away so quickly so I kept scavenging what I could from it. There was around 50-75 zombies inside, fighting them wasn't an option. I gathered stuff from my room and opened a few exits with a sledgehammer, so I could escape. Everything was falling apart, but there was no time to look back. Sam told us over the radio to meet up at the North Farm, most of our group members were there. I chose to run back to the camp to gather rest of the stuff, figuring that at least half of the zombies left the camp. I saw Aleks, a member of our camp who's a surgeon, he was gathering stuff too. The zombies outnumbered us, by a lot. So, I retreated back after I gathered some stuff, but Aleks was nowhere to be found. A guy named Robert went back to the camp to save him, we heard him calling for help on the radio, but we didn't hear his voice anymore. We thought of the worst obviously. We regrouped back again at the North Farm and I had to leave. The rest went to the Mall and barricaded it. The trip didn't go so well, resulting in 2 casualties. I logged on the next day, they left no food for me, so I only grabbed what they left(tools, material etc.) and set foot to West Point. I was clueless where the next camp is, I was going blindly to West Point awaiting for directions. Robert told me via the radio that they're holed up in a store at the mall. I ran and ran. I had a nasty cold, I was drenched and I was exhausted. I was barely walking, but I made it safely. I brought a lot of food and stuff I found on my trip. The mall was our only hope since Muldraugh was parched and West Point overrun. Now, we're living in the mall. It started getting cold, very cold. It was freezing, even indoors. I broke my foot while venturing the mall from a bugged escalator(thanks Mash) and limped back to the camp and asked with my dying breath "Help me...", a guy named Cleetus(a good friend of mine ingame) splinted me and I survived luckily. It started snowing, it got even colder and food was running low. That's where it ends(I'm still playing on it so this is pretty much what happened so far).

We were usually a camp who took people in gladly, but now with the current situation, another member is an another mouth to feed.

Also, if you're interested in playing with us, go to: http://beastwoodgaming.com/

running through a horde to climb a sheetrope and realizing in the latest patch zombies can eat you while you are on the sheetrope.

That's good to know, thanks for testing that!

Anyway, mine was probably getting into the hardware store in downtown West Point with insane zombie settings on day one without clearing any of the zeds (that would have been impossible). I took all of the supplies from the hardware store and food market upstairs and barricaded the stairs with planks from doors. Since I would get immediately munched if I went down into the streets, I used skybridges (again, built out of planks that I got from breaking doors) to get into nearby buildings, loot them and barricade the upper floors.

From there, I started to clear out the zombies bellow bit by bit and finally managed to block off the part of street between the food market and the town hall. I had the whole street for myself, I could finally get into the bottom floors of the stores. But one day, I used the sheet rope that lead to the parking lot, and there was a horde right bellow the window. I got munched.

I was running from a horde and decided that it would be a good idea to go through a house to lose them. I do this with houses I have already looted to lose/slow down my stalkers. This however was not a cleared home!

I tried the door first, it was locked. So started trying to get the window open. When it finally opened I jumped straight in as I knew the horde was right behind me. As I started to close the window the alarm went off. Too late to go back I ran through the living room to the front door. Luckily there were no zombies in the room, but as i approached my exit the window next to it smashed open. I looked out and saw nothing but dead faces starring back. I turn and run as they flood in. My only hope of survival now was to get into the bathroom and climb out the window then run blindly into a row of trees that are directly outside. I open the bathroom door quickly step in and slam it shut behind me. The bathroom turned out to not be a bathroom, or a bedroom but a small walk in cupboard. A small walk in cupboard with a zombie in it. I bash my new buddies brain in with my baseball bat, to the sound of braking glass and banging doors. Making a lovely mess in the confined space. I know the door won't hold out long (superhuman zombies) so I pull out my pistol and point it at the door. I'm going to at least go down all guns blazing. I reach forward to open it and it smashes to pieces. BANG! I get one shot off before I'm swamped. I continue to fire as I have my guts ripped out.

I went back with another character later on and the house was completely trashed. All I could find in there was a pistol with 1 bullet left.

I was out scavenging with one of my group members through the businesses along the Muldraugh highway. There were some nasty hordes about, some reaching high really high numbers. There were a collective large, uniform bunch spread out across the parking lot of this one strip mall we were at, and I yelled at my friend that as long as we didn't freak out and made as little noise as possible we could navigate along the outskirts of the zed just fine.

Two minutes of sneaking and about five zombies from the horde aggro to us, shambling slowly. My friend swings his bat, it has little effect. So he panics and begins sprinting towards the break in the zombies, leaving me there.

As he sprints towards the end of the parking lot the zombies that aggro towards him begin filling in the break in the bunch, leaving me in the middle of a cloud of zombies surrounded heavily.

I turn around. A uniform group of zed are behind me, not aggro'd but still forming an unbreakable wall. To the left of me is some shops, but with the doors locked and no doors on the other side to escape out of. In front of and to the right of me is a huge group of zed, a quarter of them already shambling towards me with more zombies joining them. 

I equip my pistol, which had a laser and red dot attachments. I aim towards where I assume the least dense amount of zed is and begin firing. I watch as the zed stumble back, getting a headshot on a chunk of them. My character reaches moderate panic. I know that if I go through one of the shops to the left of me it will just be a last stand situation, and running through a break would be just as risky.

I was going to die. The horde of zed filled up the entire parking lot.

All of a sudden, three players run out of the burger joint near me, which was also part of the strip mall. 

Immediately, one of them yelling "HOLY S***" and runs back inside. The second one joins him, and closes the door, leaving the third player outside. I assume they locked the door, because the third player yelled "OPEN THE DOOR" a bunch of times.

So that player turns around, sees me, and equips a shotgun. The a-hole begins firing indiscriminately, sending some shots in my direction, reloading, and then turning around and firing through the windows at his buddies who ditched him.

I then hear return fire, and there is some insults thrown across at each other. I'm still fighting zed while this is happening.

So half of the horde diverges towards the gunfight, leaving me just enough of a break for my Firefighter to sprint through reaching the other side of the parking lot. I find my friend on the other side of the fence, hiding.

We can still hear gunfire, and eventually the sound of the shotgun stopped followed by the obvious zed sound of tearing and biting. The sounds of glass breaking and more gunshots belt out of my speakers. This goes on for 2 more minutes.

So, while watching from a safe distance, we watch as the group inevitably dies.

We hear the 'biting' sounds yet again.

All of a sudden, a player comes slowly sprinting out of the one door, running along the walls, with tons of blood leaking out of his body. He sprints to a house down the street, we follow. We decide we are going to try to be as helpful as possible to him to avoid a fight.

So, the new house he was at attracted a bunch of the other zed, so we cleared out the ones banging on the windows and doors.

So we walk in on this guy searching the washroom, obviously finding meds. My character was medical-skill heavy, and I had a stocked first-aid kit, so I offered to check his wounds.

He turns around, says "Oh there you are, Cameron. And thank you"

Obviously, I'm not Cameron.

I check his wounds, and surprisingly, no bites. There was a scratch a some lodged bullets, followed by a deep wound.

So I patch him up, gaining a fair bit of med skill.

After I'm done, I turn around and realize that my friend has collapsed on the ground dead. Apparently he had been bitten several times while running through the horde, didn't change his bandages and died accordingly.

So the guy that I patched up equips a gun, turns to me, and says "This is what you get for ditching kitti out there" and starts shooting at me. He misses, probably due to his injuries. So I run out the front door, and he goes and stands at the window.

I start typing "I'm not cameron" as this guy starts opening up the window.

Thankfully the message came in time, because he lowered his gun.

We start talking, and eventually he starts asking me what gear I have on me. I tell him "Nothing special". He raises his gun and starts firing again.

All of a sudden, my friend reanimated and finishes this guy off, "surprise" ambushing him in the house as he was shooting at me.

Lone survivor, 10/10

These are amazing LOL. Too many to reply to so I'll just say this. Some of these stories are like movie stuff, you know all dramatic (the one about the school and the one above, etc...) and others are noobs noobing around and it's hilarious. I love these stories. Let's get this post trending I wanna read more!

Also, does anyone wanna play a private PZ playthrough as a group on Evolve? For those of you who don't know Evolve is like Hamachi, but actually good. It has matchmaking, voice and text chat, friend systems, unlimited-sized networks as well as the basic VPN capabilities that Hamachi has.

You can download Evolve from their website here: https://www.evolvehq.com/client

Pm me if you wanna play. :)

Here's another zinger for you, BayCon the Bacon.

Background:

So in this story I was playing on a server that my friend recommended. I was extremely late to the server's development, there was no 'starter pack' for new survivors to be able to survive (everything in the custom spawns were looted) and the services had already been shut off. Basically, had my friend not told me that this was a server with well established communities that he thought I would have fun with, I probably would not have joined that server.

But I did, and to my surprise it was amazing how lively things were. There was a decent player population and some settlements.

Deciding that I am now stuck with fending for scraps, I decide to search the areas in Muldraugh that people usually miss on scavenging lists. Locations being the furniture store, bar and small general store near a trailer park. So I search the general store first and manage to snag some non-perishable snacks and an empty pop bottle as well as a schoolbag to hold some stuff in. Maybe this won't be so hopeless. I search the furniture store. Somebody did get to looting it, but there was still a hammer in the back. I go to the bar. I was hoping I could find some basic medical supplies in the washroom, and if I'm lucky, some peanuts and drinks. 

Surprisingly there was an open window, so I climbed in it not knowing what to expect. And lo and behold, there are two players in the second floor of the bar.

Unsure what to think, one of them tells me that they are from a large camp, and they had pretty much every necessity one could want. They invited me to join them.

It may be relevant to note that I was playing as a Fireman with First Aid, so I had some decent traits to offer the group.

So fast-forward x amount of IRL days and x amount of weeks ingame, and I'm a prominent figure in this group. By then I had met everybody, and we had a good setup going. I was one of two people in the group with a high medical skill, so people relied on me.

One thing I didn't like was that the leader gave people specific jobs, and he had a daily quota that we all had to fill as well. He was a pretty strict kind of person, but he was also forgiving and somewhat patient, so it wasn't THAT bad. However it was still a rough system that I could see some people not getting used to.

I was required to stay at the base and ONLY leave if somebody requested medical assistance from out of the walls. When there wasn't wounds to heal, my secondary task was to patrol, water plants and make sure any items that got dropped got organized properly.

This was annoying to me as I was a fireman profession, and they weren't taking advantage of my athletic character build. Apparently they didn't need anymore runners, so I was stuck hanging onto my First Aid training as my one job there.

Obviously this leader kept me out of the ability to make changes, and he kind of wrote me off most of the time, giving me tedious tasks that didn't take long to do or didn't give me a job at all, leaving me to either exit the server for the day or sit there and twiddle my thumbs.

The event:

The main reason why I stayed with this group wasn't because of the safety, but rather because of the drama.

Players would develop personal issues with each other all the time. Whether it was because one player was trying to show off, or because another player ate somebody's stir-fry, there always seemed to be somebody not talking to another somebody. 

Usually these arguments ended up involving the majority of the group, having everybody stand in the middle of the compound managing a large discussion about these things, and it gave me a chance to shine and be respected as a capable human being.

So, the big argument that essentially divided the group was over the fact that the 'leader' did not trust people outside of his close friendgroup to make changes or do anything outside of small tasks. Somebody, who was in a similar situation to where I was, had had enough of being told to 'take the day off' and 'stay inside'. The leader and his groupies responded with how it was the safest survival-wise to only put the battle tested people out there, to which I spoke up and responded that maybe more people could be "battle tested" if he didn't let only five people leave the compound anyways.

This developed into a huge fight. People were talking over each other, some people were ignored. It became a huge yelling match that went on for at least an hour. Two prominent sides in the argument were there. One side was saying that if the leader expected to keep his group population as high as it was the leader would have to start giving everybody a bit more freedom, while the other side was saying that people would get themselves killed if everybody just left when they pleased. 

Nonetheless, the Leader began yelling for everyone to shut up and go to their positions, and the next person to challenge the "pure survival" rules was getting the boot. And, of course, he veto'd over everything everyone said and didn't make any changes.

The next day, the person who started the argument in the first place was found dead in his room. Hit with a melee weapon.

Everybody in the group was at arms that day. People accused the leader of doing it, some people said it was a random attack. The leader, obviously defending himself, said that whoever did it must have snuck into the camp. People were saying that if they weren't even allowed to speak their mind they might as well find a place run by a nicer person. The 'leader' reassured everyone that things would change down the line when the compound developed into a safe society.

As this conversation was happening, two zombies had climbed over the fences at the main entrance and had managed to get inside through an open door. They killed an AFK player, caught him off guard in his own house. They also then managed to bite somebody else.

After eliminating the zombies, the leader took a shotgun and killed the guy who got bit. No goodbye or social interaction, just went and shot him.

This pissed a lot of people off, and a decent amount of people wanted to leave. There was no organization in the group from that point forward. Some players left. I stayed, but planned on leaving down the line when I could get ready to go.

The next day I was doing inventory when I heard gunfire. I ran outside to the sight of a group of people standing in the main gate shooting into the compound. We were being infiltrated.

I ran and asked the first friendly I ran into what was going on, and he just told me that some of the players who left had got another group to assassinate the leader. Before he could get into details he ran off towards the courtyard, gun in hand.

I would have approved of the idea of assassinating the leader (or, well, getting him out of that position by any means), except these people were just shooting everybody who stayed behind.

I was in a precarious situation. I made a bee-line to the medical building and grabbed a big hiking bag, a fully-stocked first aid kit, a handgun I had stashed with one box of bullets and a baseball bat. I grabbed the chips and two bottles of pop from my stashed rations, loaded up on whatever else I could fit in the bag and began to head towards one of the gates.

As I stepped into the main courtyard, I was shocked. There were at least a dozen bodies just in the courtyard area, and some more people running around shooting. Some unarmed people were sprinting in all directions, and there were a fair amount of zombies that had wandered in on the chaos. The gate doors were broken completely.

I then noticed that I couldn't tell who was going to shoot me and who wasn't. It seemed like the attackers had won, but there were still random survivors that I recognized that were running around in a panic.

I think I saw a body that looked like the leader's, but I don't know.

Needless to say, I booked it out of the 'secondary' exit, running through the woods.

TL;DR

-Leader of big walled-off community that has been standing for a while refuses to trust anyone.

-Suspicious death that makes everybody on edge about leaving

-Zed kill AFK player and bite somebody.

-Leader puts down player within next five seconds without giving him time to prepare for a respawn/anything of the sort. Essentially boots him from the community by killing him (No s***)

-Players leave, then come back with more people/weapons and go on shooting spree

Edited by Kim Jong Un