Dreams and sleep discussion.

Footmuffin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this crazy dream once where a vampiric Jack Black kept me locked in a tower (inside my Grandad's house) and killed my parents by pushing them off a cliff. Then I 'woke up's in the middle of a football stadium where I played football with my cousin until I reawoke in the previous dream. Man, my 6 year old self was on crazy drugs.

I had a dream my family and I went to a derelict, old restaurant where we previously took my grandma and a nonexistent, far-removed niece to go eat in a different dream (we even had photos of it!) and left me there mid-meal. I tracked them down and they left to go listen to some sermon at Mormon church. They left me back there so it didn't look like they were skipping out on the bill.1 I apparently didn't get the memo we were Mormon.

Offtopic
This is slightly less weird than you might think at first sight because my dad's an ex-Mormon and all of his family members, possibly excluding one of his cousins and maybe her children, are Mormon, and my mom's family has been atheist for at least a couple of generations and it was my mom's mom that we took to the restaurant and now she's dead and the other grandma hasn't really visited us as much and the first grandma was really close to me and my siblings and also stayed in touch with all of the members of the family, most of whom wanted nothing to do with one another because we have an antisocial gene that apparently skipped or mutated with me and my grandma.

Spoiler
(or as my father phrased it "so we didn't look like jew cops." help me what does that mean what the fuck is that about none of us are antisemitic)
Spoiler
also it's my mom's birthday so happy birthday to her here have this account of a freaky dream in which your husband says crazy things at your son

I had this crazy dream once where a vampiric Jack Black kept me locked in a tower (inside my Grandad's house) and killed my parents by pushing them off a cliff. Then I 'woke up's in the middle of a football stadium where I played football with my cousin until I reawoke in the previous dream. Man, my 6 year old self was on crazy drugs.

We see crazier shit in our dreams on daily basis, it's just that you don't remember 99% of them by the time you wake up :P

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream where I woke up again and again.

When I really woke up it felt odd.

Weird?

Nope, happens with me every morning. My mind once tricked me into thinking that I woke up in a dream's dream, and then I woke up in that dream, thinking that it was reality... I went to the kitchen to find it being hugely deformed and not the same I remember it... Then I woke up for real.

Dreams? Ah I have had this silly recurring dream for months. Not like every day but usually like once a week or more. I run with a spear getting ready to throw it but never do. I feel all the anticipation of it though.

Very odd. lol

Other than that it is weird psychedelic shit like trains in water and finding gold.

one of my worst dreams is where i woke up, go to bath, eat, go to work, work, go home - wake up and realize that i have to do it again >.<

one of the most memorable moments while dreaming was the situation where i sat with my "dream friends" together after a "best day ever" and talking to them. they talked about the good time we had, and i replied to them something like "too bad that you're not real - i'm only dreaming". after this night, dreaming became very cool :)

Well, today I've finally had it - my first lucid dream for a while.

I noticed something weird as I lay on the bed and turn my head up - yep, I'm in a dream. I don't know how I realized that or what made me think so, but I just figured that I am sleeping as suddenly I sink through the bed and begin floating up to the side. I quickly try to catch balance and land back on the floor (Man, that feeling is amazing, felt like in space). Once I landed, I stood there and looked around carefully - I was in my old granny's house that is long destroyed and replaced with a new one. I ran fingers across myself and touched the furniture as I walked around the room. Everything felt... Organic. The only thing was I still heard TV from the real world in the other room, but I tried to ignore it and walked to the kitchen. As I went there, I noticed my granny and someone else standing there, and as to act natural, I went over to the light switch, was like "Why is it so dark here?". I kind of creeped out a little as the lightswitch didn't work and my granny didn't reply or move at all. I tried to close my eyes and imagine the house being brighter, but once I opened them... I woke up in bed.

Shit.

So in a lucid dream, do you have to "return" to your body in order to wake up?

You wake up automatically once you think about your "real" body. Basically, when you are in a dream you feel two bodies at once - the "real" one as you sleep in bed, and dream one - as you walk in a dream and touch objects and stuff. You also have senses which are also separated in two, so you can both hear things in the dream and real life at the same time.

To not wake up you have to completely forget about your other body and focus on your dream body. It's adviced that there are no sounds or aroma stuff surrounding you so it's easier to cling on the dream.

If you are in a dream and have trouble waking up from the terrifying experience, just hold your breath. You will simultaneously do that in real life and wake up instantly.

I wont lie, I have a few.. Interestingly cryptic dreams when I do dream, however I find that there is normally a section of the dream that I'll remember for quite sometime, next time I have one I'll post what I remember here for you.. I also have a dream definition book somewhere, I'll try and dig that up too.

I rarely dream and when I do their nightmares. Usually they're about things that I did or said the day before or in the past. Things that I regret or I'm worried about. Letting time fly by when I didn't do this or that. It's not really a dream or nightmare, really. It's more of a cluster of feelings and thoughts spinning around in my head then when I wake up I have a headache and I'm groggy.

Once in a blue moon I have a dream about a girl. Those are fun.