Dreams and sleep discussion.

Footmuffin

Do you dream when you sleep? Do you remember them? Are they interesting? Are you comfortable sharing them? If all of these questions accurately describe you when honestly answered yes, then I invite you to share your own fascinating or otherwise notable dreams, and politely discuss the dreams others have shared, unless specified otherwise.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50/50 for me. Sometimes I will, othertimes I wont.

I often don't remember them I think the most recent dream I had was about space or something. But 1 I distinctly remember from my childhood (rather a nightmare I remember) was that there was a secret lab in my house, my family didn't know about it. Every so often scientists would come and go from this secret lab but one day there was no one in there like it had been abandoned coz the lights were flickering and I waited to see if anyone would show up. But instead all I saw was this black wolf silhouette behind the blue curtains. So I down the corridor turned around and saw the wolf standing at the end of it snarling, I jumped into my room closed the door and hide under the covers on my top bunk. When I peeked at the door it was wide open the there was the wolf who then leaped and ate me.

This dream just kept reoccuring every so often over a few years. Then it stopped for a while and when I was 16 I had it again. Except this time Instead of hiding in my room I just stared at the wolf and kept looking at him. Idk why I think my thought process was like 'well it didn't work last time so might as well try something new'. It's like the premise of begin aware of your dream but at the same time living it. So I did that, he ran at me and I ran at him. I'm not sure what happened after that but the next moment I'm holding the wolf on a lead and the scientists are telling my dad how I was a real help, they lost the wolf and were really glad to have it back. Haven't had the dream since, which is kinda disappointing coz I somewhat enjoyed it when I was 16, when I was something like 6 or 8 it terrified me.

Lucid dreams. Google it, that is some wicked shit I've been doing for a while.

As for dreams, for example today morning I dreamt of seeing a LOT of bees outside my window, having still laying in the bed. I was glad that the window was closed, but then I freaked out immensely when about 3 of them started flying right above my bed. Woke up in the same bed, had the freaky feeling for a while until it worn off.

Here's a part out of my Dream-diary, located on the LD4all-forums...

For those wondering about the weird capitalized letters:

WILD: Wake Induced Lucid Dream

DJ: Dream Journal

NREM: Non-Rapid-Eye-Movement

DO: Dissembodied Observer

WBTB: Wake Back To Bed

SC: SubConscious

LD: Lucid Dream

23/08/13

I was tired when I went to bed, I wasn't too interested in doing lucid stuff. I felt like I lost the motivation to continue the DJ, I thought "Is it all worth the hassle? Will I ever get a lucid dream?" I laid on my back acting like I'm doing WILD even though I know it's NREM. I relax, not thinking about dreaming just sleeping, I notice the roll over signal. As I roll over I feel a sence of total relaxation, I tell myself that maybe I could wake up in the middle of the night for WBTB but I also think that it's not worth it and that I should just sleep and forget about lucid dreaming in general.
But, looks like my SC heard my prayers/demotivation and said "Whoa, I was just teasing you, don't give up I'll give you a free lucid dream just for tonight!"

1. Dwarf fortress in 3D?

I was playing some sort of Dwarf fortress game and I saw people running around the back of some building, I knew that it wasn't save back there so I ordered 2 walls to be made to stop people from walking outside and to protect them. After long waiting one person finally begun but it was already to late, before he could place the last section a purple godzilla-demon walked towards the wall. I thought he could squish through the opening of the wall but he had to destroy a small section before entering. That's when I thought that the wall would've been useless anyway.

Dream-time: 15-20 minutes

Key-words: Godzilla, waiting, frustration, stress, game, walls

2. Another schooltrip?

I was pretty much a DO following myself through a week where we went on a schooltrip, I only saw some moments, like me eating something with my friends. Then I was in my body and I think we arrived at the hotel, which for some reason had a bakery at the entrance. All of the girls grabbed some cookies but then they laid it back because I think they were old. The whole hotel looked like it was abandoned but I didn't really notice nor care.

Dream-time: 30-40 minutes

Key-words: School, eating, hotel, cookies, stairs

3. LD ARCHIEVED!!!

I was going up a thin spiral staircase with 2 other people, it all felt very much like Snow White. And for some reason I just knew that it was a dream, but ones we got to the top it really hit me, I'm past the extreme excitement part that you go through on your first LDs. I just felt an extreme flood of happines. On the top of the stairs was a small medieval room, the two other people talked with a girl that said on the right side, then I imagined them going away and they did. I wanted to go somewhere else, my way of teleporting is simply closing my eyes, imagining the next location and then making a flick with my fingers. Only downside is that this most of the times brings you to the brink of waking up, everything is blurrry for a few seconds and you need to concentrate on the dream. For countless times did I lay my hands on a wall and move them across it to stabilize the dream, with succes. This was the longest LD I'v ever had, it's a shame I just don't remember everything. Anyway, I teleported myself to the grasfield from the last LD I had several months ago. Then I think I was in a city with lots of people, I hugged the wall to stabilize everything, then I thought of a hotel-room but I was teleported to my parent's room. I looked in the mirror of that room and saw my reflection, felt the wood ones again though it felt like smooth warm concrete. Even just touching stuff was fascinating to me, just knowing that it doesn't exist yet you can feel it so good and realistic. I didn't do any crazy stuff cause I just wanted to calmly explore the world which was already fantastic.

Dream-time: 30-35 minutes

Key-words: Spiral staircase, Snow White, teleporting, wood feels like concrete

4. Storpey's night?

I was a DO looking at Storpey(youtuber) laying in bed with his girlfriend, it was 03:00 Steve stood up silently and looked out of the window. The view was similar to the view my parents have in their room IRL. Steve said something and that made him and his girlfriend laugh. I got the feeling that Steve had to go to work. (At 03:00 in the morning?)

Dream-time 5-10 minutes

Key-words: Storpey, night, bed, sleepy

5. Revenge on animal hater!

I sat with my sister on a couch at the backside of the 'Christuskoning-plein' we were watching something on tv involving animal abuse and hate. I looked back and saw someone from my school IRL. He's annoying IRL and suprisingly just as annoying in my dreams. 1grrroua.gif
Somehow I knew that he abused animals, I walked to him and confronted him, then he laughed at me and walked away. I was so angry, I walked around following him with I think the intention to reshape his face. 0tongetjehe.gif

That's all I can remember.

Dream-time: 10-15 minutes

Key-words: Anger, plaza, animals, annoying person IRL

I think it's not a suprise I had a LD tonight, I mean I remembered 5 dreams and inorder to remember dreams you have to be partially conscious, so that means that when I begun with the normal dreams I was already very aware of everything. It's very good that I had a LD again after such a long time cause I had forgotten the beauty of the dream-world, this has really motivated me again to resume my road to lucidity!

I can usually tell when I'm playing a game too much when my dreams start to all be about that game.  Like, literally just playing the game, not taking part in it or whatever. :lol:

Other than that I don't dream often and I rarely remember more than a vauge idea of the dream after I wake up.  Sometimes it's just the memory that I was dreaming and not what it was about.

I remember I used to dream a lot more vividly as a kid.  I don't remember this particular story but my mom swears by it, so here goes.

At some point when I was a young boy my parents were asking me about my dreams, and they asked me if I had any nightmares.  I said no, and they thought that was suprising, so they pressed me about it.  Eventually they asked me if I had ever had a bad dream at all, and I told them about one.  Apparently (and I don't remember this) I had this dream where the family dog - a big black dog - was looking at me through my window at night.  Chewing glass with bloody teeth and growling at me.

My mom said she almost had nightmares after that.  Apparently child-me didn't even register it as scary.  :shock:

I can usually tell when I'm playing a game too much when my dreams start to all be about that game. Like, literally just playing the game, not taking part in it or whatever. :lol:

Other than that I don't dream often and I rarely remember more than a vauge idea of the dream after I wake up. Sometimes it's just the memory that I was dreaming and not what it was about.

I remember I used to dream a lot more vividly as a kid. I don't remember this particular story but my mom swears by it, so here goes.

At some point when I was a young boy my parents were asking me about my dreams, and they asked me if I had any nightmares. I said no, and they thought that was suprising, so they pressed me about it. Eventually they asked me if I had ever had a bad dream at all, and I told them about one. Apparently (and I don't remember this) I had this dream where the family dog - a big black dog - was looking at me through my window at night. Chewing glass with bloody teeth and growling at me.

My mom said she almost had nightmares after that. Apparently child-me didn't even register it as scary. :shock:

I'm experiencing ALOT of nightmares too right now, though I don't percieve them as something scary. I just don't give a **** when a creepy monster charges at me from the dark. :)

After waking up today I still remember partially being concsious and realizing that I'm dreaming. The bad part about my brain is that it likes to play tricks with me and make me think that I woke up in the real world after all the fuzzy images fade to black.

There was this particular time where I was walking around an apartment (Which ended up being a dream), so during that dream I decided to try lucid dreaming (unable to realize that I'm ALREADY doing it ^^) and laid in bed. Almost immediately I fell through the bed and started flying in some sort of black void, as in that apartment it was night and no lights beside moon one were there. So I flew under my apartment's floor and immediately woke up... Twice. The first time was just another dream-bed, so I just froze myself in order to try and go back to lucid dreaming, then I started hearing whispers, and woke up for real.

For a couple of minutes I still imagined that I hear some whispers, and it took a while for me to register that my body was sort of frozen, but a moment later mom went in my room and woke me up for college.

I like it, it's been a while since I've done something like this.

After waking up today I still remember partially being concsious and realizing that I'm dreaming. The bad part about my brain is that it likes to play tricks with me and make me think that I woke up in the real world after all the fuzzy images fade to black.

There was this particular time where I was walking around an apartment (Which ended up being a dream), so during that dream I decided to try lucid dreaming (unable to realize that I'm ALREADY doing it ^^) and laid in bed. Almost immediately I fell through the bed and started flying in some sort of black void, as in that apartment it was night and no lights beside moon one were there. So I flew under my apartment's floor and immediately woke up... Twice. The first time was just another dream-bed, so I just froze myself in order to try and go back to lucid dreaming, then I started hearing whispers, and woke up for real.

For a couple of minutes I still imagined that I hear some whispers, and it took a while for me to register that my body was sort of frozen, but a moment later mom went in my room and woke me up for college.

I like it, it's been a while since I've done something like this.

WILD!

How does one get a Lucid dream?

I'd suggest you begin improving your dream-recall, can you remember 5+ dreams a night? I can! :) (keep a dream-diary)

But really knowing what a Lucid dream is or how it feels is very difficult to explain unles you've have had a spontanious one. Sometimes I'm terrified of the concept dreaming and being lucid and other times I'm just begging for a lucid dream.

How does one get a Lucid dream?

I'd suggest you begin improving your dream-recall, can you remember 5+ dreams a night? I can! :) (keep a dream-diary)

But really knowing what a Lucid dream is or how it feels is very difficult to explain unles you've have had a spontanious one. Sometimes I'm terrified of the concept dreaming and being lucid and other times I'm just begging for a lucid dream.

Be glad to have a dream that doesn't consist of tf2 for once XD So, I suppose I can remember them.

I have actually had several lucid dreams before. Lucid Dreams, Pancakez, are dreams in which you are cognitive enough to recognize that you are in a dream, that they are not real, and that you can alter it. A primary feature of them, though, is that they are very, very immersive and detailed and feel real enough to make you question whether or not they are a dream.

I had one lucid dream where I was walking around in a nice, warm, modern house at about dusk and I came upon a family in an upstairs bedroom that strongly resembled my own, the differences being that my siblings weren't there, we looked slightly different, and my parents and I were much younger. I tried walking in, and they looked at me like they were looking at a beast. I couldn't talk to them, and they were screaming and terrified. Trying to calm them down didn't work, and they just started screaming louder. I look behind me, though, and I find the Slenderman and then I have an Exploding Head Syndrome episode. I wake horrified and sweaty.

Exploding Head Syndrome, by the way, is a bizarre phenomena observed in some people where they will randomly hallucinate bright flashes of light or piercingly loud sounds, sometimes to the point of powerful headaches, hence Exploding Head Syndrome. Many people who experience this are completely sane and is not dependent on hallucinogens to occur.

It might also be of note that this was during a period where I was having a lot of weird nightmares about Slendy 'n such.

Exploding Head Syndrome, by the way, is a bizarre phenomena observed in some people where they will randomly hallucinate bright flashes of light or piercingly loud sounds, sometimes to the point of powerful headaches, hence Exploding Head Syndrome. Many people who experience this are completely sane and is not dependent on hallucinogens to occur.

Interesting. At first I thought you were talking nonsense until I looked it up.

Reason I find that intriguing is because it might explain my rather mysterious run-abouts and screaming I did as a child after having a set of the same repeated dream for a few months that literally caused me to go bleeding bonkers in the morning.

I dream such weird and bizarre things sometimes they stick with me too well. Even worse when I have nightmares.

I once had a dream I was in my house and I could hear my mum upstairs. She was laughing so I go to the bottom of the stairs to see what's up. Shes at the top laughing through a massive grin. I ask her if shes okay and suddenly she begins smashing her head against the wall, all while carrying on manically laughing through grinning teeth. That image never really blurs despite the dream being over a year ago.

I also have nice dreams, for example where after a day I shopping I sit down in a club with close friends to watch another close friend star along side Anthony Head in a musical rendition of star wars (including trumpet playing wookies)

I have actually had several lucid dreams before. Lucid Dreams, Pancakez, are dreams in which you are cognitive enough to recognize that you are in a dream, that they are not real, and that you can alter it. A primary feature of them, though, is that they are very, very immersive and detailed and feel real enough to make you question whether or not they are a dream.

I had one lucid dream where I was walking around in a nice, warm, modern house at about dusk and I came upon a family in an upstairs bedroom that strongly resembled my own, the differences being that my siblings weren't there, we looked slightly different, and my parents and I were much younger. I tried walking in, and they looked at me like they were looking at a beast. I couldn't talk to them, and they were screaming and terrified. Trying to calm them down didn't work, and they just started screaming louder. I look behind me, though, and I find the Slenderman and then I have an Exploding Head Syndrome episode. I wake horrified and sweaty.

It might also be of note that this was during a period where I was having a lot of weird nightmares about Slendy 'n such.

Is there such a thing as a very detailed dream or lucid dream in this case? I know dreams look detailed when you are dreaming and not realizing you are in a dream, but when you wake up and start recalling the dream it all look psychedelic.

In another note, I had several lucid dreams in which I realized I'm dreaming in the middle of them, consequently, I tried to "interfere" and shape the dream to suit my fantasies, naughty fantasies  :P (because what better place to live your fantasies other than a dream, right?), but the dream "seemed" to counter my fantasies and started to blur away and fade as if saying "you missed it up, you know you are in a dream". :P

About the exploding-head syndrome and the hallucinations...

Did you feel like you were paralysed, or that parts of your body felt a bit numb?

Cause from experience and reading around on the internet that could've been what is called sleep-paralysis, it's a defense mechanism of your body to prevent you from acting out your dreams. (Like walking around which you would've done considering the dream you had.) Normally you would never notice this cause people don't wake up straight from a dream normally and by then the effect would've faded away. What happens is that during sleep-paralysis your brain is still a bit in dream-mode which means that what you think or how you feel will be reflected in the hallucinations you have. And as you were scared by slendy it's very possible that you could see dark figures around your bed, also know as 'ye old hag' which is something from the medieval-ages when people didn't knew what they were experiencing. Now, most of the time people are scared cause the paralysis gives you a sensation like something heavy is holding you down, which automaticly makes people think something is trying to prevent them from moving. And suddenly you hallucinate a demon on your chest. Bright flashes of light and large piercing noises are very frequent too during this stage.

Brr.

I honestly am glad I've read into all of the articles about lucid dreams and figured that all those shapes of demons and dark creatures etc around your room are just a part of dream that you happen to be vivid of.

They are not real, and are only some sort of mid-dream hallucinations. As if you are in a dream already, but still watch yourself as if you're laying in bed.

So, basically, I saved myself a lot of nerves, and now when I see scary creatures (while being vivid atleast) I don't get afraid of them and just move/creep along. Usually they shape into something different in mid second, or completely vanish.

The noises are also not to be considered real, or anything paranormal. It is all your brain, preparing to go into dream state, so just think of it as if it was something natural.

It would also be adviced not to watch/play something scary before you try lucid dreaming. ESPECIALLY for the first time. You'll just fuck up the experience. Believe me :3 (Unless you want to see creatures gnawing at your face)

I have a book called Dark Intrusions; the author, claimed to experience several paranormal occurrences related to sleep, sleep paralysis in particular. If you think lucid dreaming is crazy, you should know about "out of body experience". He states that he can occasionally "leave" his physical body (while sleeping) unto an astral one, which make him "float" around as if flying. Also, this "astral-plane" may inhabit aggressive spirits eager to hunt him down for lurking too much as if he is in the Matrix or something.

I have a book called Dark Intrusions; the author, claimed to experience several paranormal occurrences related to sleep, sleep paralysis in particular. If you think lucid dreaming is crazy, you should know about "out of body experience". He states that he can occasionally "leave" his physical body (while sleeping) unto an astral one, which make him "float" around as if flying. Also, this "astral-plane" may inhabit aggressive spirits eager to hunt him down for lurking too much as if he is in the Matrix or something.

And this differs from just dreaming these events... how exactly? :P