Item Spawn Mod: The Ultimate Item Spawning Machine!

Deadend

So I've used this nifty little mod once in a while. More or less for modding testing purposes but decided to clean it up a bit and release for anyone to use and so here it is :D

(reference last updated to Build 30.16)

INSTRUCTIONS:
You know how you can now write stuff onto notebooks, journals, and doodles right? Well get yourself one of them to write on and then follow this simple instructions.

1) write this line "materialistic wish granting machine activate:" This activates the mod.

2) press enter, in the second line write "=itemID,quantity-" Replace 'itemID' with the ID of an item, looks something like 'module.itemName' (e.g. Base.Axe). Then replace 'quantity' with how many units of that item you want (e.g. 1).

3) press the "OK' button and watch the magic happen as the item spawns in your inventory!

Don't worry if you mess up on the second line, as long as you get the first line right something should show up in the command prompt (that runs along with the game) telling you what went wrong.
P.S: the mod is case-sensitive and doesn't guess what you 'meant' to write or complete words for you, so make sure to enter everything correctly without misspelling.

Here is an example:

materialistic wish granting machine activate:=Base.Lollipop,1-

Reference: so I made this little program that went through all the item script files of the game and stripped all the item IDs, compiling them all in a reference.txt file. You can find this text file inside the mod folder. Use this to find whatever is that you need if you not sure. I did a quick scroll through and found some hiccups here and there but for the most part is pretty useful. Use Ctrl+F to search through faster. 

P.S.S: you can also spawn items from any mod with this, you'll just have to know their itemIDs. For example if I wanted to spawn a quart jar from my Canning Essentials Mod I would write '=CanningEssentials.GlassQuartJar,1-'. 

P.S.S.S: I did make this mod with somewhat of a modder perspective so if you have no PZ modding background whatsoever and find it too difficult to use or have any suggestions, feel free to comment.

And That's it, Enjoy!

Great, this will be very useful for debugging my stuff as I'm too lazy to make a proper plug in to NecroForge every time I add some item to my mod. Thanks!

Yup np, I should have probably put this in the modding tools sub-forum since the idea behind it is primarily as a tool for modding (hence the script like structure). Oh well, anyone looking for a more heavy duty item spawner mod can look into Necroforge (didn't know that existed until you mentioned it). At least this one is definitely more lightweight than Necroforge. 

• 2 months later...