Hotbar for quick item access - v0.8.0

blindcoder

I blame lemmy for this, he put the idea in my head :-)

This is a mod adding a hotbar for quick item access to the bottom of the HUD.

You can get it in three sizes:

- Small:

hotBar_small.png

- Medium:

hotbar_medium.png

- And large:

hotbar_large.png

You can find the settings and a configurable button to toggle the hotbar in the options menu:

hotbar_options.png

And attach items to the slots via the contextmenu:

inventory_context.png

And quick access the context menu from the hotbar with RMB:

hotbar_rmb.png

And finally, download the mod here:

From the workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=503645367

From github: https://github.com/blind-coder/pz-hotbar/releases/

Requires bcUtils: https://github.com/blind-coder/pz-bcUtils/releases

Changelog:

Spoiler

v0.8.0: Hotbar can be moved now, and configured to be vertical instead of horizontal

v0.7.2: prevent hotbar from appearing in the main menu

v0.7.1: add russion translation

v0.7.0: add option to hide context menu items for hotbar

v0.6.0: add option for "smart" activation of items

v0.5.0: re-add options for hotbar to Options menu, change config file, requires bcUtils now

v0.4.0: add options for binding keys to activate slotted items.

v0.3.3: fix a rare error condition when dropping pinned items

v0.3.2: add Polish translation (thanks to Geras!)

v0.3.1: Fix error if config files don't exist

v0.3.0: Implement dragging and dropping items onto the hotbar

v0.2.0: Properly handle screen resizing, add option for different numbers of slots

v0.1.0: initial release

Enjoy!

Edited by blindcoder
new version 0.8.0

cool mod, indeed.

though it seems that to access any of the items in the hotbar requires mouse control, and using a controller kind of kills any chance of using the mouse. i right click on the item, and for a split second the menu comes up...but that's it. cannot do anything else with it.

now, when i pick up a new item, at the bottom of the menu i do have the option to place Item X in slot D, E, F or G...so that works just fine.

cool mod, indeed.

though it seems that to access any of the items in the hotbar requires mouse control, and using a controller kind of kills any chance of using the mouse. i right click on the item, and for a split second the menu comes up...but that's it. cannot do anything else with it.

now, when i pick up a new item, at the bottom of the menu i do have the option to place Item X in slot D, E, F or G...so that works just fine.

I've never played with a controller, so I don't know about how to properly do controller support. I'm hoping someone will help me out with that :)

This is awesome! <3 :D

though since I'm guilty of putting this idea in your head, I may do it again. I think an esteemed modder such as yourself could get drag drop working on that bar too. :P *evil grin*

Your wish is my command :D

UPDATE

v0.3.0 implements dragging items onto the hotbar. You can drag single items as well as multiple items at once, they will then fill the hotbar up to the right.

This is awesome! <3 :D

though since I'm guilty of putting this idea in your head, I may do it again. I think an esteemed modder such as yourself could get drag drop working on that bar too. :P *evil grin*

Your wish is my command :D

UPDATE

v0.3.0 implements dragging items onto the hotbar. You can drag single items as well as multiple items at once, they will then fill the hotbar up to the right.

:D Knew you could do it! This is now officially perfect <3 :D

I sadly cant seem to get this to work on 31.6, I get an error when I press tab or any other rebound key and nothing shows up, even tried a new game new hud size, etc, nothing.

Java.lang.runtimeexception is the error for me, downloading java now to see if that fixes it, only mod I am running right now.

java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index: readLine of non-table: null still shows up so not sure.

I sadly cant seem to get this to work on 31.6, I get an error when I press tab or any other rebound key and nothing shows up, even tried a new game new hud size, etc, nothing.

Java.lang.runtimeexception is the error for me, downloading java now to see if that fixes it, only mod I am running right now.

java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index: readLine of non-table: null still shows up so not sure.

That's not a java error, but a LUA error. Thanks for the report, I'll look into it!

UPDATE

This error has been fixed in v0.3.1. Please give it a shot!

Thanks, it works now and I love it, would be interesting to have a single item or if renamed items acted as another item, I like equipping my other hiking bag in secondary when not in a major fight to loot more, but I have to go into the inventory to equip it and I am not sure how easy that would be to code.

• 4 months later...

Something is going wrong in the latest version. Easiest way to show the bug is with corpses.

1. pick up a corpse
  2. add to hotbar
  3. drop corpse
  4. Stack traces galore in output.

I really like this mod blind coder, so can you have a look?

Can you please post that stacktrace on vpaste.net? I can't reproduce it here.

• blindcoder changed the title to Hotbar for quick item access - v0.8.0