Anything like an OnPlayerEquipBag?

mads232

Hello, I checked out various modding tutorials and the Event Reference.

But I couldn't find something like OnPlayerEquipOnBack or something like that.

Did I overlook something, or isn't this created?

Is it possible to make such a thing?

-Thanks in forwards! :)

It is possible. You need to overload the ISWearClothing:perform function like this:

require 'TimedActions/ISWearClothing'MyModName = {}MyModName.ISWearClothingOrigPerform = ISWearClothing.perform;ISWearClothing.perform = function(self)  -- call original function  MyModName.ISWearClothingOrigPerform(self)  if instanceof(self.item, "InventoryContainer") and self.item:canBeEquipped() == "Back" then    -- Do something if item gets equipped on back  else    if self.item:getBodyLocation() == ClothingBodyLocation.Top then     -- Do something if item is worn on upper body    elseif self.item:getBodyLocation() == ClothingBodyLocation.Shoes then      -- Do something if item is worn on lower body    elseif self.item:getBodyLocation() == ClothingBodyLocation.Bottoms then      -- Do something if item is worn on feet    end  endend

Put this into Zomboid/mods/MyModName/media/lua/client/MyModName_ISWearClothing.lua and you should be ready to go.

• 5 weeks later...
Also, if you want know when a item is wear or undress, use a event OnClothingUpdated(player).

With the player, you can take de primary, secondary or clothing items with his gets.

For example:

UpdateCloth = function(player)
  local shoes = player:getClothingItem_Feet();
  -- do something with shoes
end

Events.OnClothingUpdated.Add(UpdateCloth);

Javadoc IsoPlayer gets:

• 6 years later...
On 3/13/2015 at 2:11 PM, blindcoder said:

It is possible. You need to overload the ISWearClothing:perform function like this:

require 'TimedActions/ISWearClothing'MyModName = {}MyModName.ISWearClothingOrigPerform = ISWearClothing.perform;ISWearClothing.perform = function(self)  -- call original function  MyModName.ISWearClothingOrigPerform(self)  if instanceof(self.item, "InventoryContainer") and self.item:canBeEquipped() == "Back" then    -- Do something if item gets equipped on back  else    if self.item:getBodyLocation() == ClothingBodyLocation.Top then     -- Do something if item is worn on upper body    elseif self.item:getBodyLocation() == ClothingBodyLocation.Shoes then      -- Do something if item is worn on lower body    elseif self.item:getBodyLocation() == ClothingBodyLocation.Bottoms then      -- Do something if item is worn on feet    end  endend

Put this into Zomboid/mods/MyModName/media/lua/client/MyModName_ISWearClothing.lua and you should be ready to go.

This was really helpful for me. Thanks