Hemp farming

ZombieGrinder

There you go :)

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/9891-marijuana-mod-cultivate-it-yourself/

The mod is mainly about the recreative use of marijuana, but I'm pretty sure you could suggest some ideas to the author. Like maybe medicines... But the rest either needs some industrial processing or some deep knowledge of the plant to be able to get fiber and oil out of it.

Apart from getting you high, everything you can do with hemp you can also do with flax and cotton. Since I'd be unlikely to use it for its recreational properties, I'd really rather just grow the flax or the cotton. Having large hemp fields would likely just make you a high priority target for large bandit groups and would-be bandits who might not otherwise have bothered you.

I might grow a small amount of it for medical purposes but beyond that I think it'd otherwise be too much of a hassle.

now lets not get the two confused here. Hemp has very little of the active ingredient THC that affects people the way Marijuana does.

Hemp is the future, if we'd pull our heads out of our asses and use it properly in The Real World.

Hemp has been used for centuries due to its fiber strength for things such as rope, clothing, paper. it is also a very effective natural air filter that will clean more dirty air than a stand of Old Growth trees in a space of equal size. America has had a long love/hate relationship with hemp ranging from outlawing it to encouraging farmers to grow it during World War 2

http://www.medicaljane.com/2015/01/14/the-differences-between-hemp-and-cannabis/

Marijuana is the plant that is responsible for getting so much of the world nice and baked at 4:20 every day

Yes, they're slightly different, but they share the same proprieties (Cannabis sativa or something). Whatever you could do with hemp, you could do it with marijuana. But marijuana has been controlled and selected, and genetically evolved over the years to have a higher THC level and easier "femalization" of the plant.

The "funny" thing is, it's one of the plant that has been used the most since humanity has been messing around with agriculture, and the interdiction to grow it (both hemp & marijuana) coincides with the development of an industrial machine that would have made its industrial exploitation A LOT easier, but on the other side, petrol and modern capitalism were booming.

Hemp is an old fashioned word to refer to the plant officially known as Cannabis Sativa

Marijuana is slang to refer to the (usually dried) female flowers of either C. Sativa or the closely related species C. Indica or a hybrid of those two. The female flowers tend to be rich in psychoactive agents especially when they are unfertilized.

Cannabis is Latin for "Over-hyped"