Duct tape need more use!

ZombieGrinder

So Duct tape in PZ have almost no use. You can repair things with it, but that's it. What I'm suggesting is to use it to do more stuff like:

- Combined with magazine it can be used to protect your arms and legs. (just like WarZ)

- Can be used instead of rope (witch is rare and usefull) to make a lamplight.

- Can be used with knives to create a bayonet on your rifles or shotguns.

Any others ideas?

General weapon crafting, I reckon. Things like taping two knives to a sturdy stick to create some wacky but generally awesome bladed weapon.

On top of that there could be taping together logs, similar to the way ropes do it, but have the process take longer and use up most of the duct tape. Making a homemade trowel or other farming equipment using scraps would also be cool, with lower durability and unpractical but good in a pinch.

If they could change the hunting rifle to use a five-round magazine, that would be awesome :D

I don't know if I understood it correctly but according to this, those hunting rifles with a five-round magazine are allowed, right?

Hunters may use any caliber center fire rifle or center fire handgun, and shotguns up to and including 10-gauge used with slug ammunition.

Deer hunters may not use or hold firearms able to hold more than a total of 11 rounds, a fully-automatic firearm, rim fire ammunition, a shot shell containing larger than number 2 size shots, or a full metal jacketed or tracer bullet ammunition. Knowing the do’s and don’t’s of deer hunting and hunting in general in Kentucky will make the lives of every hunter that much simpler.

Duct tape should do almost anything (look-up Red Green Show for numerous funny ideas).  It's the handyman ultimate weapon.

I like the idea of it being used in custom made weapon.  It could lead to non-lethal ones for friendly sparring, such as ducktaping a pillow or clothes onto a baseball bat.

It could be used to (no particular order) :

- create more powerfull molotov cocktail (tying 2-3 together) or even some makeshift grenades (one molotov cocktail with ammo or shotgun shells tied around it);

- restrain NPC and/or zombies in some sort  of makeshift shackles;

- silence NPC (or zombies);

- (along with plastic bag or garbage bag) to reseal open jar and/or canage (although still loosing the unperisheable aspect, it could slow down spoilage);

- patch up broken windows with plastic bag or garbage bag;

- patch up various leak if such a system is implemented;

- replace curtains by ductaping windows, wich could result in increased durability;

- replace partialy bandages, suture or help building turniquet;

- build walls out of books;

- place signalisation (mainly arrows) on buildings or floors (mostly indoor because of the rain);

- craft plastic bag or garbage bag walls for separating crops (with some sturdy sticks);

- modify hiking bags by placing parts of two or more together to create bigger ones (more capacity) at the expense of weight reduction;

- tape weapon(s) to equiped bag on back (could be still treated as in inventory, but affected by some factor of weight reduction);

- tape canned goods together in a similar fashion to logs, although not reusable like ropes when removed;

And the list could go on...