Campfire

Tibor84

hi everyone,

i would like to ask if there is any other way to light up campfire, without gas can. Just with some magazine or other paper(in normal life is quite common ;) ). I have problem with finding gas can, i make long and dangerous journey to gas station, and nothing :(

Finally i started to farming but without cooking, it is useless.

(I am playing 2.9.9.10)

Thanks for any answers

PS: I moved my unanswered question from old forum

In an older version, there was flint and steel. (mod)

It was also possible to craft a pathfinder lighter. (these things where you rub with a wooden stick on a wooden plank.)

I remember that you could also use newspaper, books and the like as an igniter material.

I suspect that it comes back.

acex222 you don't need the old mod.

If I remember correctly, the textures and also the script of the items are in, but you can't find it on the map.

If I'm not completly wrong, you can simple add a lua file and implement flint and steel to the suburbs_distribution.

Edit: But I can't say, if they will work with 2.9.9.10

i was trying play this game as is right now, i want to avoid mods. I read many players stay months in game, and this is not possible without cooking. THere is no common place for gas can? I want to stay alive as much as possible :(

i was trying play this game as is right now, i want to avoid mods. I read many players stay months in game, and this is not possible without cooking. THere is no common place for gas can? I want to stay alive as much as possible :(

I've been playing for months (real time) now with many games under my belt. I've only ever found 1 gas can. It was in a crate in a random house. This was in version 2.9.9.10 and the only thing I tried to make was a molotov, but the horde got me before I could try to light my campfire.

I've been playing for months (real time) now with many games under my belt. I've only ever found 1 gas can. It was in a crate in a random house. This was in version 2.9.9.10 and the only thing I tried to make was a molotov, but the horde got me before I could try to light my campfire.

How did you cook after electricity went out? Just junk food? I am afraid of eating raw vegetable because of sickness

I just make stew and eat it cold.    Tuna + + sugar or flour (or whatever) + a pot + water and then put it in four bowls.    Makes the food last longer. Also,  take light eater.

Ive had an estimated six months of food sitting in a crate before.    I suspect there is over a year's food without farming.

I've filled every cabinet in the house with non-perishable food from the scavenging runs I've been doing. But I avoid eating that where I can, instead keeping it as a source of emergency food. Mostly I subsist on the crops I've been growing (when they don't teleport away, at any rate, but that'll be fixed soon). And I avoid using sugar in soup because I've been saving it for use in my coffees and teas.

Actually sometimes i don't know from what i get food poisoning (At least is not lethal). I experience maybe two times, when i cut melon into slice, and eat them next day(no rotten information), i start to be sick after while. I am not sure if this bug or on purpose, but i think i can get sick from not rotten food(maybe its like middle state between non rotten and rotten). And same experience with bowl with soup, eaten next day after preparation.

Finally i get to farm in the north with well. I will try to loot that woodcutting factory. Last time i was there, there was no Z, and then alarm start, and suddenly it was last stand fight.

I still believe i can find out Prometheus gift - gas can :)

Tanks for advice :) 

You can light the fire with a kindle (you need to craft it, and I don't want to give you all the solution :D).

Then you can feed your fire with books, newspaper, planks, logs....

I didn't think an E-reader would be feasible as a tool to help with the zombie apocalypse  :geek:  

You can light the fire with a kindle (you need to craft it, and I don't want to give you all the solution :D).

Care to share the crafting recipe? I think I've tried everything I could think of.

You can try the craft helper by Peanuts to help you with things like that :)

IIRC, you need to drill a plank (with a screwdriver), and associate it with a stick (wich you got with a saw and a plank).

Hadn't seen craft helper yet - looking now. 

As for making a fire - I just grabbed a screwdriver for you-know-whats and grins - guess I'll be putting it to use tonight!

does it work with the latest version?

does it work with the latest version?

Worked for me last night using the Mac version 2.9.9.10. On a side note, I found it took 2-3 kindle tries to light a fire and I was more successful when I had a lighter equipped. Although I'm not sure if the lighter is actually required or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Care to share the crafting recipe? I think I've tried everything I could think of.

IIRC, you need to drill a plank (with a screwdriver), and associate it with a stick (wich you got with a saw and a plank).

hi, ive found and downloaded Peanuts mod craft helper, but I can't seem to make it work. In his note says I need to download a hotfix but I can't find the hotfix there's no link of the hotfix there.

Im playing the latest version now the 2.9.9.10

I tested it and it shows a "Craft Helper" option while pointing on a crafting ingredient.

but the option doesnt seem to activate or work. its just a display.

I would really like to try that mod, would help me a lot.

Please help, thanks   =)