Water Overdose

SuperJack

Well, nobody would drink too much water to die. It could be add that if character is at 100% hydration you couldn't drink more from any objects but it's more domestic change and not really needed.

There is a point where a game is so realistic, it stops being fun. This is a perfect example. There's a fine line between simulator and videogame.

It takes a lot of water to kill yourself, if someone is stupid enough to do so let them be punished.

Hello! I think this idea is interesting but may need a tiny bit of context for my reply.

Over the weekend I started a thread on possible mechanics for malnutrition issues over at http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/13244-mechanics-of-malnutrition/. The categories of food nutrients I posted at that time were Calories, Protein, and Vitamins, but a close fourth that I left out would have been "Salts."

Water intoxication is actually a form of dilutional hyponatremia, meaning that the normal concentration of sodium (aka table salt) in your body gets diluted down because you put water into your body faster than you can pee the excess water out. From a neurological perspective, salts are very, very important, so I wonder what your thoughts would be on having Salts as a need rather than limiting it to just only a water intoxication picture? Things like sweating, drinking water, and (especially) drinking alcohol could all drain your Salts, and it might make an interesting dynamic.

• 1 month later...

It could be interesting to see further the mechanism itself. Let's take what just had been done with DayZ!
Cholera ladies and gentlemen. It's a horrible desease causing you to sweat and shit yourself to death. Death by dehydration... Such a horrible end, even for PZ.
So to fight it you have to be well fed, drink A LOT, and take medicine. Easy to say in the zombie apocalypse, we all know how it can turn out.
I'd recommend you see "Barely Infected"'s video on the subject.

And let's take multiplayer for PZ =) As a bandit, why not restrain someone, hold him on a kitchen table with a friend or two, and make him drink with a funnel down his throat. Some bleach maybe? Dish soap? Tainted water? Champagne? Sea water? Endless possibilities!