(Models) Warmer Clothing

Aardman55

This mod edits the clothing in the game to look more realistic in colder climates.

Currently, it's a very early WIP that took only about 1 hour to make and isn't perfect. 

It turns the vest into a loose sweater, and the jacket into a jacket with hood.

Note that the undershirt for the jacket is a skin, so when you have no top on you will see a nude back and a half shirt on your chest - If you don't plan on using this all the time, or like playing as a nude char then this mod isn't recommended for you unless you want only a Jacket without the undershirt.

Undershirts are optional.

Im planning on doing it for women too, and making it look better overall.

I had to resize the pants a little which results in some parts of your body being exposed - I'm planning to fix it later when I have time.

This is VERY bare... Only the bob / male one / clean white guy skin is available with undershirt for now.

Tomorrow I should have all skins + the option to have the undershirt be normal or plaid.

I will also make the jacket be editable, with a normal skin, denim skin and a down jacket skin, all via gimp's layers system. 

I edited the clothing models using Jab's awesome Blender import + export tools: 

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/12864-blender-3d-model-import-export-scripts-wip/

Files:

Normal pack Update 1

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a6819cy170la4fr/WIP_warmerclothing_update1.rar

Adds shirts to all male human and zombie skins.

Do it yourself pack

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zmyb7jhdodi9jho/WIP_warmerclothing_doityourself.rar

This has all skins without shirts, and includes first customizers for the players skin

Chest: Normal shirt, Plaid Shirt, Hoodie, V Neck, Scarf, Bulletproof Vest

Face: Medical Mask, Doll Mask, Painted Doll mask 1 (tears + crude makeup) and Painted Doll Mask 2 (Warpaint with blood)

The 2 are the gimp .xcf files included in the customization folder.

This mod is best combined with Fuji's awesome female equivalent: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/14482-cold-weather-clothes-replacer/

post-284-0-89187300-1426026196_thumb.png

Awesome mod! Should introduce bandanas for bandits and the such! 

Keep it up!

You could fake a beard as a form of bandana for now. Would be cool to make that a wearable thing. Would be fun for things like RP multiplayer. 

Back from work to continue on this mod. Also, I had exactly that idea. I want to start a survey on what people use most in MP, beard style, hair style and skin. Then I'll make the middle popularity ones stuff like bandanas, or baseball caps.

Update: I added shirts to all male characters, added 2 gimp files to create your own skins (colorable due to grayscale) 

I will now start working on some accessory models, and female shirts + skins. Once I have enough time I will organize everything and make it as easy to use as humanly possible :). I will try to make a video on customizing your Char via gimp.

Also, sorry if posting this isn't allowed. Im not sure if this is considered bumping, but I want to update the people whenever a new update comes out.

Ugh, why are models hardcoded? I'd love to add this stuff to my game but I hate replacing defaults. Great work by the way.

I can 100% feel with you. It's always a hard time for me to push the export button, lol. 

I'm about done with the female clothing same concept - Vest > Sweater, Blouse > Jacket / Parka. Uploading soon. Tomorrow / today I will try doing the tutorial on customizing with gimp.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You know what would work halfways decent is to add the white texture to the male's back as well, making the nude model instead wearing a white tanktop. That would solve your white belly problem. I'd do it myself but I have no idea what part of the texture to edit to do so...