Fast learner OP or is it just me?

Zeral

Seems to me that fast learner is a bit to strong in this current "Iwbaums" build, looked around and couldnt find a forum for specific issues with the test build, only a support forum and its not like something is broken, just need a bit of tweaking atm in my opinion.

Fast learner perk seems way to powerful atm, even though I have no skill/traits regarding carpentry, farming or fishing, I was with in 2 days of playing able to almost catch up to the people in our group with those said specific professions. I got carpentry 2 within 1 game day simply by chopping down wood and sawing it to planks.

Yes I know that there are 10 levels now and that rank 2 is equal to old rank 1 but many of the requirements are still on the old system, like repairing bats and axes, still only need level 2.

My only game so far on Build 31 and I picked Fast Learner with my Unemployed points. Seemed critical for a single player game (I also took Slow Reader and Brave).

I'm not sure how OP it would be in multiplayer though. The specialization in MP might limit it enough to only be of value to jack-of-all-trades types.

My only game so far on Build 31 and I picked Fast Learner with my Unemployed points. Seemed critical for a single player game (I also took Slow Reader and Brave).

I'm not sure how OP it would be in multiplayer though. The specialization in MP might limit it enough to only be of value to jack-of-all-trades types.

Even with specialization, you would probably want to stack it if you plan on reaching 10.

Edit: Currently broken right now, its override profession bonuses so you will actually level slower with it.

I haven't chose fast learner yet, but I think it should be left as is. Not everyone has a lot of spare time for gaming, and this trait would help those with a limited timespan. I don't take it as I enjoy the grind at times, and I can pick traits for the skills I do want to level. Each person plays their game different, so I dont mind.