MP Character gets turned to NPC when you go offline

MrZombifiedGamer

So here's my suggestion. I suggest that when you go offline. Your character turns into an NPC with the only motivation being guard the safe house. That way, when you log on your base isn't raided cause no one was there to stop it. And if it is you'll be dead so it doesn't feel like it was raided in your sleep. At the very least this should definitely be at least an option at some point, please?

ammm is a good idea, the problem is that the npc acted appropriately to different situations, not quite understand your suggestion do you want your character acted in such a way that seeing a player (your character) murder him?

i speack spanish i use translate google

ammm es muy buena idea, el problema  es que el npc actué de manera adecuada a diferentes situaciones, no entiendo muy bien tu  sugerencia ¿deseas que tu personaje  actué de tal manera que al ver un jugador, ( tu personaje) lo asesine?

Then your character gets sick or killed without you playing. So you could come back to a completely effed character?

Yeah. An NPC has the potential to get killed in a lot of silly ways when you're offline no matter how good the AI. I'd rather just get looted when I was offline then come back dead or almost dead because the NPC messed something up. What if another player went there but didn't want to loot you? What would happen then? Would your NPC initiate combat to defend their place? 

I don't really see any good solutions to being raided when you're offline yet. It is, in my opinion, unrealistic and unfair, but so are a lot of proposed ways to help even it out and make it less so.

Might be a cool option for Server Admins. Give them the power to permanently turn a player into an NPC.

Use Cases:

1. Turn griefer/cheater into NPC after perma ban. Allows players to get revenge on character.

2. Allows Admin to play a character for quests then "jump out" for other Admin duties.

3. Players that need to leave game can let their character live on to help the group.