A Few 3D Models for Project Zomboid

WolfeClaw

Great stuff! I have a few questions/suggestions though

1) Do the sunglasses and beanie work okay? (No rotation bug)

2) I think some nice models to make (in the future) would be: Raincoat/poncho and a pickaxe

3) Could you combine all the models into one archive? that would be nice.

Thanks for the work you have done and I hope you get all your issues resolved.

It could be my problem. I'll take alook at the scripts. I should be exporting the model via rotation in global space, but this could be local by mistake. 

For now, try rotating the vertices in edit-mode.

I have no need to rotate anything, as far as I know. They're in the same positions facing the correct way as the imported vanilla counterparts. 

bfc54a526b.png

I make sure my model is well matched up before taking it all in to Blender, and then I check it again in there.

To Lionheart2:

1) I have no idea at the moment. I'm currently prioritizing weaponry, but when I get time I'll give it a quick test to find out.

2) I hope to make all of the equippable weapons/clothing in Project Zomboid. I'll treat it as a race with the only other contestant being Andy.  :P

3) I'll get that done within the next 24 hours. I should really be sleeping now, then I have college less than an hour after I wake up, so yeah.

And finally, thank you, and so do I. I'm annoyed over my models not working but I can't imagine how stressful this is for Jab.  :D

EDIT:

Added a 'Download All Models' hyperlink in the OP for convenience, hosted from my Dropbox.

In 3DSMax, there's a "Reset XForm" button which takes any rotation / translation / scale in the root object's world matrix and bakes that into the object's verts so that the matrix becomes an identity matrix. Rotating an object and *not* resetting the XForm will make no difference to how it's displayed in-game.

I have no idea about Blender, but there'd definitely be an equivalent to that - so if you haven't done that to your objects, you'd need to.

In 3DSMax, there's a "Reset XForm" button which takes any rotation / translation / scale in the root object's world matrix and bakes that into the object's verts so that the matrix becomes an identity matrix. Rotating an object and *not* resetting the XForm will make no difference to how it's displayed in-game.

I have no idea about Blender, but there'd definitely be an equivalent to that - so if you haven't done that to your objects, you'd need to.

I'll see if there's a Maya equivalent, thanks for the info!

Just looked into it, apparently it's pretty much just Centre Pivot/Freeze Transformation in Maya. I'll give it a go when I get home.

Oh.

be5fc634e5.jpg

Binky, you legend. Though there are still odd problems when moving, aiming and not aiming.

01c7338df9.png

When side-stepping, the gun is tilted and basically lies on the top of the hand.

EDIT:

I'll send you it now, Jab.

Some people prefer tilting their guns when shooting. OG zombie in da hood etc.. etc.. 

I'll take a look at your model.

It's possible that some of the rotation problems are errors in the game animations - if the gun is correct in anim A, B, and C, but wrong in anim D, E, F - then animations D, E, F are themselves probably wrong. Have a check with the existing game weapons in-game to see if the same results repeat.

If they do, then this will all be fixed when the new animations slot into the game :)

I'm going to file a suggestion on the suggestion forums for a separate java application for testing out weapons, clothes, and animations in general.

I'm going to run off to take an exam for school, but I did manage to log into the game and see the issue for myself. I'm going to respect the PZ Devs by saying that Im expecting my script to be the issue before I test everything on that end.

What I most-likely will do is add an option for the exporter to set the up direction to either +X, +Y, +Z or -X, -Y, -Z. Maybe that will be a good temporary fix, before I can possibly locate the issue on my side. 

I'm going to file a suggestion on the suggestion forums for a separate java application for testing out weapons, clothes, and animations in general.

I'm going to run off to take an exam for school, but I did manage to log into the game and see the issue for myself. I'm going to respect the PZ Devs by saying that Im expecting my script to be the issue before I test everything on that end.

What I most-likely will do is add an option for the exporter to set the up direction to either +X, +Y, +Z or -X, -Y, -Z. Maybe that will be a good temporary fix, before I can possibly locate the issue on my side. 

Seems to be the best way around it at this point, but no need to stress yourself. Take your time, you've already done enough  :D

Best of luck with the exam.

Just checked using the vanilla shotgun and there are no animation problems whatsoever.

Shotgun anims are different to handgun anims. You'd need to compare against the handgun in-game.

Right, that should've been obvious. God damn it.

Just checked with the normal pistol and yeah, those animation problems are the same. I guess it's time to play the waiting game.  :D

Just checked using the vanilla shotgun and there are no animation problems whatsoever.

Shotgun anims are different to handgun anims. You'd need to compare against the handgun in-game.

Right, that should've been obvious. God damn it.

Just checked with the normal pistol and yeah, those animation problems are the same. I guess it's time to play the waiting game.  :D

I do so miss beard flipping.

Have yet to UV and texture the Glock 23, but I'm still alive and working. Here's a Smith & Wesson Model 19:

806bbe93cb.png

Nice and sloppy viewport screen-grab. Sits comfortably at 300 tris. I'll probably find a point to unwrap both pistols and get them textured along with the other models, but until then I think I'll just keep churning out these models.