A Few 3D Models for Project Zomboid

WolfeClaw

In this thread, I'll post 3D models that I've created that are free to download and use by 

READ THIS

As of March 17th 2015, I have not yet implemented any of these models into the game, be it clothing, weapons or any attachments. The downloads are supplied in case you wish to use them in your own personal projects or if you want to help figure out how to get them working in-game. Thank you.

Models are working in-game! I may post a tutorial soon on how to use these models for yourselves, but for now check out Jab's Model Loader and the various other tools available across the forum.

Please note that some of these weapons may be out-dated in terms of their position/rotation/scale, so double-check to make sure of this before importing them into the game.

Weapons

Rolling Pin:

wAuGt4.png

Texture Resolution: 32x32

Tri Count: 120

Crowbar:

k27Axn.png

Tri Count: 92

Hunting Rifle

(Kimber Model 84M Classic)

D9LeSr.png

Tri Count: 222

Shotgun

ccKv3Q.png

Tri Count: 326

Sawn Shotgun

F9PPNV.png

Tri Count: 326

Franchi SPAS-12

baTzKs.png

Tri Count: 496

Rifle Attachments

2x Scope (Trijicon ACOG)

7zjuKP.png

Tri Count: 100

4x Scope (Bushnel AR Optics)

ww8P1C.png

Tri Count: 124

Ammo Strap

cacbGe.png

0JgpL4.png

Tri Count: 81

Clothing

Slouched Beanie

7cwfeL.png

Texture Resolution: 64x64

Tri Count: 54

Sunglasses

mPN9tS.png

Tri Count: 26

Hoodie

Lwu8AS.png

Texture Resolution: 128x128

Tri Count: 369

Cargos

VQKxIw.png

Texture Resolution: 128x128

Tri Count: 260

Downloads:

Clothing & Weaponry

To Do:

8x Scope

Varmint Rifle

Permissions:

MODS_02.png

Final Words:

I'm sure that The Indie Stone will make much better versions of these when they are ready, but for now I feel as though it gives people the option to mess around with the tools that are currently available and hopefully implement these into the game. 

If there are any issues with the above models to do with placements or sizes, I'd love to know. I'm quite busy with both college and working on icons for 2 members of this community for their respective mods, so I'm unsure as to how frequent updates will be for this, though I will try my best.  :D

Feel free to request models, but know that they will likely not be made for a long time, or at all for the reasons stated above. Thanks guys!

I've been wanting to see Crowbar sprite implemented into the game properly for ages ^_^

To Do:

Nailed Baseball Bat (Requires pre-existing Baseball Bat model and texture)

Nailed Plank (Requires pre-existing Plank model and texture)

I think both already exist within the game sprites. Both Nailed BB and Nailed Plank :P

I've been wanting to see Crowbar sprite implemented into the game properly for ages ^_^

To Do:

Nailed Baseball Bat (Requires pre-existing Baseball Bat model and texture)

Nailed Plank (Requires pre-existing Plank model and texture)

I think both already exist within the game sprites. Both Nailed BB and Nailed Plank :P

Oh really? I should've done my research. How embarrassing, haha.

You can see a list of the already-done-sprites in the model folder under media folder. It'd be helpful if you make a sprite for the sniper rifle and 22 cal tho...

And rolling pin is already premade :/

Ah well, good to know. These don't take long to make at all, it's mostly just the UV Unwrapping that takes up most of the time.

I will take a shot at making the rifles, though.

Edit: No pun intended, god damn it.

Very nice! Weapon attachements next maybe? :)

I'd happily do weapon attachments! Whether or not they'd work in game would be another question, as I'm not sure if they'd load a whole new rifle with the attachment on, or load the separate attachment .obj and place it onto the previous weapon model and have it follow the animation.

Regardless, I'll do them!

970a07adac.png

Some progress on the Hunting Rifle. I tried to find some information on what the Hunting Rifle icon was based on, but I couldn't find much. In the end I just tried to find a .308 rifle that had a similar appearance, as well as a 5 round capacity to match the gun in-game, which ended up being the Kimber Model 84M Classic.

It stands at 276 tris, may be a tad too much looking at it so I'll try and shave off some polygons where I can.

I'll be basing the Varmint Rifle off of the CZ 527, which is a relatively popular .223 rifle, unless I get some better suggestions from someone with a bit more knowledge of what can be bought in Muldraugh.  :P

If you're talking about the vanilla icons for the rifles, I've been checking here, as well as going in-game to check. Both rifles use the same icon, so it's not exactly possible to know which one is based on which real life rifle, if they are at all, that is.

This needs to be imported in the actual game.

yes. they need to freaking hire him.

I'm flattered, thanks!

Right now progress is being made on weapon attachments! Not sure if they will be of any use, but they'll be really low poly and shouldn't take too long.

I'm also considering re-modelling the rifle with a barrel that has a lower poly count, as I feel it may be a tad too much in comparison to the other 3D objects in the game.

2 cookies for Mr. WolfeClaw and 2 cookies for person who manages to import this into the game! 

Unfortunately the models are hardcoded into the game, can't wait for the day we'll be able to mod them into the game without replacing the defaults. Considering what Jab did we might just get our wish because there is already quite a few nice model mods out there. Can't wait.

By the way, awesome work WolfeClaw! But I do think it's a little too detailed, while it's great it would be next to impossible to actually see some of the detail in game even at full zoom in :P

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys, and yes, I'd love to see someone get these in-game. The latest downloads have the correct placements and scaling as the models already in the game, so there's no real reason as to why they shouldn't work.  :)

Yeah, that's very true, Svarog, especially when it comes to things like the trigger guard and trigger itself. I could very much remove them and include an 'optimised download' alongside the normal downloads in which I strip the models of the unnecessary polygons.

EDIT:

I noticed the actual Shotgun model is unnecessarily high poly, and at this moment it's actually almost 400 more tris than my hunting rifle, so I no longer have any concerns that there's too much detail in my model.

The top model is the shotgun, the bottom is my hunting rifle.

aoP46b.png

Oh, I should also state that the hunting rifle there is the new, optimized model, standing at 222 tris. (Download links updated)

EDIT:

Here, have a WIP for the 4x scope before I sleep.

18ce05ee2c.png

Keeping them nice and low poly, should look nice when it's done and on the rifle. For now, my bed awaits.