ModelsForZomboid

Suomiboi

Hey!! Since Jab is awesome and wrote a bunch of awesome code, editing some of PZ's models is now possible!

I started fiddling with them and decided I'll share the results!

Foreword:

Have you ever felt like "it's 8 months later and I don't even have a decent beard and just this slick hair/bald spot". Well those days are over and you too can have a manly beard and a girly hair! (I've long hear irl so don't take offense ;P)

onJ0Ile.png

3Nzn6eA.png

TPy8ilK.png

BN6cBb9.png

E8pS1eO.png

Download here.

Extract to your ProjectZomboid/media/models and start playing. Back up the old files before overwriting. The overwritten hair is "messy" and the beard is "full" (Now actually a full beard!).

NOTE: the models won't show in the character creation menu, only in game. Also known: the hair will clip into the body when running. :( I'll try to fix it later if possible.

I'll post more models here if I get the urge to start fiddling.

MODS_02.png

Happy Sundoid!

:)

I wish I could grow hair and a beard like that.

Awesome job!

How do you make this stuff? I would like to give it a try but I don't know anything about it :)

First linked text in the OP. You'll need to look for tutorial ressources for Blender, ideally

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about this mod. Do you start out with the long hair and beard, or do your hair and beard gradually grow longer the more time your survivor is alive? Sort of like how farming and crops work and have different stages..... is this how this mod works? If so and your hair does get longer as time goes on, can this mod be added to the server we just started and it will take effect with our current characters? Next characters we create if/when we die? Or does the server need a wipe for this mod to take effect? Thank you very much for your time.

I have a question about this mod. Do you start out with the long hair and beard, or do your hair and beard gradually grow longer the more time your survivor is alive? Sort of like how farming and crops work and have different stages..... is this how this mod works? If so and your hair does get longer as time goes on, can this mod be added to the server we just started and it will take effect with our current characters? Next characters we create if/when we die? Or does the server need a wipe for this mod to take effect? Thank you very much for your time.

Not intending to speak for the guy who made this, but I'm almost certain that this is just a model to replace one of the pre-existing haircuts and does not gradually grow over time. Despite this, I reaaally like the sound of that. Kinda reminds me of Don't Starve where you'd have to use a razor to shave your beard.

Not intending to speak for the guy who made this, but I'm almost certain that this is just a model to replace one of the pre-existing haircuts and does not gradually grow over time. Despite this, I reaaally like the sound of that. Kinda reminds me of Don't Starve where you'd have to use a razor to shave your beard.

Yea, I'd really enjoy a mod or if the finished game had your characters appearance change over time the longer they were alive just like how the crops evolve over time. Sort of a badge of honor.