Veg problem when converting BMP to TMX.

KinkyCode

So, I think... I am having trouble converting BMP to TMX....

Here are the two images I am using for my testmap. It looks horrible, but really I am just trying to get in game, compare road withs, look at how tiles generate, etc... nothing fancy yet. Just wana get something working, then I can spend hours pixeling in the world details in another BMP...

So, here we go..

161ibzk.jpg

and veg

2uszeba.jpg

So, I open WorldEd, and here is what it looks like after following THIS tutorial...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69737873/PZ/Sonstiges/mapping/Mapping%20Guide_v0.2.pdf

fb56951c31.jpg

I just noticed his looks a bit more detailed than mine, but I am unsure why. It seems his generated vegitation and mine did nothing, why is this?

-Snip-

If you double click the 0;0 cell, it should open it in a new tab with all of the vegetation and such displayed properly, from there you are also capable of adding your new .lot buildings.

Hmm, I reloaded the map, added it to the worlded, BMP -> TMX, then made sure to check the preferneces, and double clicked the cell to double check, nothing has changed...

Also, my cell 0,0 is wrong... I think..

http://puu.sh/gps9H/c1a9f08f2f.png

-Snip-

If you double click the 0;0 cell, it should open it in a new tab with all of the vegetation and such displayed properly, from there you are also capable of adding your new .lot buildings.

Hmm, I reloaded the map, added it to the worlded, BMP -> TMX, then made sure to check the preferneces, and double clicked the cell to double check, nothing has changed...

Also, my cell 0,0 is wrong... I think..

http://puu.sh/gps9H/c1a9f08f2f.png

Still no luck making this work...

Still no luck making this work...

Weird.

Although I should have noted that my experience with the map editor was only limited around creating buildings for single, pre-existing game squares either on vanilla Zomboid map or single blocks made by "mapzoid" program. (Search around on this forum for it).

May I ask if you pressed "Ok" after going to the "BMP to TMX" option?

Apply only sets the folders up to be written into. 

Indeed I did, I just double checked....

Could someone please try to recreate these steps with my images, maybe my WorldEd may be malfunctioning?

I followed the tutorial almost to a T, even made a palette so I knew my colors would be spot on.

What seems to be happening is your WorldEd is not loading the thumbnails properly.

or

WorldEd is not finding your TMX files after the "Finished" window pops up after you click "Ok" on the Bmp to Tmx option.

My suggestion is to make sure you have a folder just for your tmx files.
----
For my maps its setup like this:

/PzMods/maps/mymap/map.png
/PzMods/maps/mymap/map_veg.png
/PzMods/maps/mymap/map_zambies.png

/PzMods/maps/mymap/tmx/*.tmx files

/PzMods/maps/mymap/lot/*.lot files

in each of the folders you should see a ".pzeditor" folder. Open this folder wherever you generated the TMX files to and it should show something like:

mapname_0_1.png
mapname_0_1.dat
(These are your thumbnail data, also what WorldEd uses to overlay your "worldMap" and uses the TMX files to populate the cells you look into, which is all that grey you see now)

If all that fails, Open your mapname.pzw, which is generated by worldEd when you save. Find this line:

<cell x="0" y="0" map="folder/mapname_0_0.tmx"/>

make sure the folder is the "tmx" folder I mentioned, and that folder has the .pzeditor folder within it.

In the code you might just see "map=mapname_0_0.tmx" this means you don't have a folder below the pzw file. Which you may have to do to keep it all organized and bug free. Again just look at how I structure my mod folder and you should be golden.

Let me know how this all suits you.