Demnex

I HAVE CAME BACK TO MAKE THIS SUGGESTION ONCE AGAIN! :P I have made it before but it was before the big forum update

So here we go

We should add Drugs.

WHY YOU SAY?!

Because it'll add so SO much diversity within game-play.

I was thinking you'll be able to grow it or find it in people homes since the farming is already it why not? And it'll add more gameplay with having to grow it and such.

Their would be many different drug types including Cocaine, Marijuana, Meth, PCP?, Heroin. (Maybe more)

Now I was thinking each drug would have its own ups and downs (Depending on how much you use it/the amount you use)

There could be these different actions

Addiction - The player now NEEDS the drug to survive. If he doesn't use it to a certain time limit he gets a large withdraw effect

Overdose - The play could die taking too much of the drug.

Effects - Cocaine Would have speed improvement abilities for a short-while but then you come down from the high you will feel nauseous or something of that. Marijuana will sooth you and get rid of small pains and make your movement A BIT impaired. (Depends on how much you smoke) But you get the drift!

And off course smoking comes with a risk of zombies smelling it...

BUT WAIT

THERE'S MORE

Since the drugs are in the game there's going to be people looking and killing for them in gangs...

i think Marijuana should be added along with more alcohol... but coke, meth, PCP! heroin ! maybe more? 

i think that would be taking it a little to far don't you think ?  :shock: 

Well we are on the same page about drugs and it is suggestions so why not xD 

Why... The hell would you need drugs in a zombie survival game.

I mean.. I guess some people would go for it when world goes insane, but... Why? The only thing I could see useful in certain "drugs" is having to use it to perform surgery in extreme conditions (like having to take the bullet out of your friend's wounded chest), then of course, things like Morphine could be useful.

But a sort of Marijuana-Meth-Coke sort of drug is just pointless. Beside having a funny Moodle and addiction from it, I see implementation of them as rather pointless.

Do people want to do something illegal in the game if it's not allowed in real life? Or do they want to wait until developers release it and then bash them for PZ not portraying enough how drugs are bad for your health? Triple A titles get a rating of "M" (17+) if you get anywhere close to the topic of drugs, you know >_>

Lemmy has mentioned it as something they may end up doing. I'm not sure if that's something they're dead set on, or not. On the one hand, it adds a modicum of realism, but on the other it's a highly controversial topic. This is a game for mature audiences, though, so I don't think the rating is as much a concern to them as the image it portrays is.

I think MJ could probably be found in some kind of quantities in Muldraugh. However, I highly doubt there are very many hard drugs in a backwater town in KY. That's just my opinion though.

Like Rathlord said, there wouldn't be much in the way of hard drugs in Muldraugh.

However, in a city like West Point? There could be dealers there, so there might be a little bit in the way of drugs in Muldragh that have been trafficked there, but West Point is where you'd find meth and crack I'd assume. Not a load of it because it's not a HUGE city, but it'd still be prominent. So you'd find an ounce or two of crack in a dresser drawer or maybe one syringe of heroine in the basement or something. Not, like, a safe full of coke though.

"Because it would add SO much diversity"

Hahahaha, spoken like a true stoner ....

Don't mind me, as a guy whos smoked a joint once or twice, I'm totally for this .... dude.

Nah, fuck dugs.

Let me quote myself. I'm dickish like that.

The links to the old forums don't work but I quoted them anyways:

Let me open up the Book of Lemmy: http://www.theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=79231#p79231

We already discussed adding various drugs into the game. Think it would be awesome and dark to see how a heroin addict would cope with the zombie apocalypse.

Specifically on weed:http://www.theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=79277#p79277

Weed, however, is just not needed. Maybe for a mod, but I don't see why we'd need that.

Weed = Paranoid + Drowsyness - Stress and BoredomI'd say there's no real reason not to have it. It's a common thing and we're trying to portray a somewhat realistic world. Not having it would be weird. We'll likely add a whole bunch of narcotics in an update when we're on more solid footing to add items in on a whim.When NPC trading comes in I can imagine it being a valuable commodity to get stuff from withdrawn addled crack addicts or whatever.Also, out of all the survivor NPCs you'll meet, I can imagine the crackheads being something to watch out for.
http://www.theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=79283#p79283

I really don't see an issue with it. Not like the game would condone it. PZ has always been an adult dark game, as well as striving to be somewhat more realistic (within the realm of isometric and zombie) and to have fake made up drugs 'hey you got any Crag, or maybe some Zroom?' would be cringeworthy (though we could add 'cake', which is a made-up drug). Our only concession is no babies getting munched on by zombies.Anything else is on the table technically, as long as it's tastefully handled. Really can't see any possible reason we would shy away from having cannabis in a game that contains euthanasia. And as long as kids aren't involved, fuck anything the Daily Mail has to say. ;)If the biggest TV series of the moment can centre around Meth, then it should be perfectly valid area to explore in a game.Remember we're indie, and are not at the mercy of WallMart getting cold feet or it getting AO for showing a pixelly nipple. Not that we're planning on showing pixelly nipples, but you get my point.Incidently, given that I know what Will's got planned for the story, I think getting nervous about weed is rather funny. :D

That makes pixelly nipples a maybe, too.

Nerp! not in support at all xD.

I'm sorry but I fail to see how taking a hallucinogenic or paranoia inducing drug would remotely help you survive in a zombie apocolypse. I mean sure you might find a couple of houses spread out between cities... but why you would take these drugs is another matter entirely.

So true.

That's like... Having seen already existing cigarettes, you ask to add like another 10 types of it, that all they do is just add/replace some of the effects that they do on you. I mean, I'm not against drugs COMPLETELY, but hell, I don't want to have like billions of types of drugs all around muldraugh that do nothing but increase bad moodles and in the long run make you addicted to it...

We should add Drugs.

Sadly enough, this is the same thing a nice little game called State of Decay did. However the Aussie council are a bunch of pretentious old men running the country. If SoD got censored for medical drugs, then their "council" might get a sniff of PZ. Australians have had enough good games banned, let's not make this god-tier game receive the same fate.

I agree with growing weed in the backyard, however, it might make for some good player-to-NPC fights (assuming gangs are trying to take the opportunity to push their goods). However, putting in PCP, Cocaine, and some hallucinogens might be a bit troublesome. Other than gangs coming to kill you, I don't see any other use for such an item. If Lemmy and the gang decide to implement trade routes, it'd be a highly profitable business.

That being said: If this would be implemented, wait until RC3 to make it's way out. I have no doubt modders could add something as cool as community trading. If anybody from IRL Mauldraugh is here, care to tell us if there's a bad drug problem over there? If it is bad enough to put in this stuff, I have no doubt it could add to the immersion of being in that town (city?)

Town. I'm not from Muldraugh, but I am from the deep south and specifically small towns like Muldraugh. It's possible that the town is some kind of exception to the rule and is a huge drug trafficking area, but I doubt it. The amount of drug traffic in small rural areas is miniscule.

Let me open up the Book of Lemmy: http://www.theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=79231#p79231

We already discussed adding various drugs into the game. Think it would be awesome and dark to see how a heroin addict would cope with the zombie apocalypse.

Specifically on weed:http://www.theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=79277#p79277

Weed, however, is just not needed. Maybe for a mod, but I don't see why we'd need that.

Weed = Paranoid + Drowsyness - Stress and BoredomI'd say there's no real reason not to have it. It's a common thing and we're trying to portray a somewhat realistic world. Not having it would be weird. We'll likely add a whole bunch of narcotics in an update when we're on more solid footing to add items in on a whim.When NPC trading comes in I can imagine it being a valuable commodity to get stuff from withdrawn addled crack addicts or whatever.Also, out of all the survivor NPCs you'll meet, I can imagine the crackheads being something to watch out for.
http://www.theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=79283#p79283

I really don't see an issue with it. Not like the game would condone it. PZ has always been an adult dark game, as well as striving to be somewhat more realistic (within the realm of isometric and zombie) and to have fake made up drugs 'hey you got any Crag, or maybe some Zroom?' would be cringeworthy (though we could add 'cake', which is a made-up drug). Our only concession is no babies getting munched on by zombies.Anything else is on the table technically, as long as it's tastefully handled. Really can't see any possible reason we would shy away from having cannabis in a game that contains euthanasia. And as long as kids aren't involved, fuck anything the Daily Mail has to say. ;)If the biggest TV series of the moment can centre around Meth, then it should be perfectly valid area to explore in a game.Remember we're indie, and are not at the mercy of WallMart getting cold feet or it getting AO for showing a pixelly nipple. Not that we're planning on showing pixelly nipples, but you get my point.Incidently, given that I know what Will's got planned for the story, I think getting nervous about weed is rather funny

I remember you posted this! Couldn't find it though :c

I'm not sure it would really add enough to the game to be worthwhile myself, but the devs obviously disagree =P

At any rate, I'm sure our Aussie friends won't have any trouble getting ahold of it. Even if Steam and Desura both monitor that kind of thing (do they?), you can still download it over a proxy, or I'm sure one of us would be glad to torrent it/host it for you to download if you've paid for it.

I'm not sure it would really add enough to the game to be worthwhile myself, but the devs obviously disagree =P

At any rate, I'm sure our Aussie friends won't have any trouble getting ahold of it. Even if Steam and Desura both monitor that kind of thing (do they?), you can still download it over a proxy, or I'm sure one of us would be glad to torrent it/host it for you to download if you've paid for it.

*salutes*

Rathlord: Telling the system to go fuck itself since (insert birthday here).

Nerp! not in support at all xD.

I'm sorry but I fail to see how taking a hallucinogenic or paranoia inducing drug would remotely help you survive in a zombie apocolypse. I mean sure you might find a couple of houses spread out between cities... but why you would take these drugs is another matter entirely.

So true.

That's like... Having seen already existing cigarettes, you ask to add like another 10 types of it, that all they do is just add/replace some of the effects that they do on you. I mean, I'm not against drugs COMPLETELY, but hell, I don't want to have like billions of types of drugs all around muldraugh that do nothing but increase bad moodles and in the long run make you addicted to it...

It'd be like having specifically named guns almost. With specific ammunition for each of them. It's (forgive the pun) and overdose of specific content all doing exactly the same thing.

We should add Drugs.

Sadly enough, this is the same thing a nice little game called State of Decay did. However the Aussie council are a bunch of pretentious old men running the country. If SoD got censored for medical drugs, then their "council" might get a sniff of PZ. Australians have had enough good games banned, let's not make this god-tier game receive the same fate.

I agree with growing weed in the backyard, however, it might make for some good player-to-NPC fights (assuming gangs are trying to take the opportunity to push their goods). However, putting in PCP, Cocaine, and some hallucinogens might be a bit troublesome. Other than gangs coming to kill you, I don't see any other use for such an item. If Lemmy and the gang decide to implement trade routes, it'd be a highly profitable business.

That being said: If this would be implemented, wait until RC3 to make it's way out. I have no doubt modders could add something as cool as community trading. If anybody from IRL Mauldraugh is here, care to tell us if there's a bad drug problem over there? If it is bad enough to put in this stuff, I have no doubt it could add to the immersion of being in that town (city?)

Indeed, hell if a game is too gorey they won't allow it. I remember L4D2 had to 'tone down' it's blood and gore content as well as it's violence before it was allowed to be released in Australia.

Thankfully I don't think australian officials will be too worried about indie developments, or at least I hope not. That would be dreadful.