Feedback on new zombies AI & zombies memory

Onkeen

Hi,

It's been a few month since we are experimentig the new zombies AI system, making them pack into hordes. But it was supposed to make the game harder but it feels like it's easier now.

I explain myself, now that zombies are packing up in hordes, some of the roads feels empty, even at the center of Westpoint even with zombies amount set at insane, I always manage to raid the carpenter shop in every runs and this even if I set their three senses at maximum.

Before, I had to struggle through the residential area to find some carpentry & garage stuff but it was hard because there were zombies scattered at every corners and fighting them was too dangerous because of noise. In this situation, going to the center of the city was scuicidal. But now I just need to check the horde position and do a running raid where they are not.

My suggestion to solve this diffuculty problem is to add different zombies behavior, the first type will react with the horde behavior and make groups(like the new behavior), the second type would be loners that are shambling following only noises from ambiant sound and players (old behaviour). This way, we could increase difficulty with both hordes and loners.

My second thought is about zombies memory, I think that memory is way to short (even set at max settings) I would love to see a new setting for sandbox for [Permanent Memory]. With this mode selected, a zomby that have spotted you, will follow you forever until you have killed him, and this of course at his slow speed, making zombies that cross his way following you too. This way, if you forgot to kill a zomby, he might me slaming at your door with severals friends in the midle of the night, forcing you to really split you loot between multiple bases and move a lot or to make a powerfull fortifyed base to resist waves of assault.

I've found that it has been easier to get around the Z's too, not that I do. I found it much harder when they were all packed on the roads or in the parking lots. Maybe it's because of the overlap, it seems like more than one can occupy a space at time. Even with the hordes traveling around like they do, I find that I can still break off one or two, kill them, and repeat that until they're all dead. It also leaves out that "OMG THERE WAS ONE IN THE TREE BEHIND ME" feeling too.

IMHO I find the older system much more challenging.

On the subject of Z's memory, I am kind of torn between more challenging and more realistic. They're dead, their brains are rotting, it's not a big surprise that they can't remember which way you went after 10 minutes. But you're right, having the option to set this memory length would be fun.

Sandbox could use some more zombie settings, I like permanent memory, maybe not in a sense where a zombie follows you specifically but just walks in the direction it saw you run before you disappeared, I hate how I can run away from hordes and as soon as they stop seeing me they stop dead in their tracks.

There could be an additional setting like "Tracking" or something that could be Off, Low, medium and high that would allow zombies to "sense" where the player is the higher the setting the higher the distance they "sense" the player from.

What I would really want to see is a "Random" setting for everything in zombie lore so that each zombie could behave completely different.

permanent memory zombie not think it's a good idea because if a horde reaches you aver serious too but too difficult desaserte her, and with more reason if people who are starting ("noob" no offense wings new people) is butt with one of these hordes, but I think currently in build 31 zombicidio the option that greatly increases the amount of zombies greatly increases the difficulty

i speack spanish i use translate google 

la memoria permanente del zombi no creo que sea buena idea porque si una horda te alcanza aver  seria demasiado pero demasiado dificil desaserte de ella, y con mas razon si las personas que esten empezando ("noob" no quiero ofender alas personas nuevas ) se tope con una de estas hordas, pero creo que actualmente en la build 31, la opcion de zombicidio que aumenta mucho la cantidad de zombies  aumenta mucho la dificultad

permanent memory zombie not think it's a good idea because if a horde reaches you aver serious too but too difficult desaserte her, and with more reason if people who are starting ("noob" no offense wings new people) is butt with one of these hordes, but I think currently in build 31 zombicidio the option that greatly increases the amount of zombies greatly increases the difficulty

la memoria permanente del zombi no creo que sea buena idea porque si una horda te alcanza aver  seria demasiado pero demasiado dificil desaserte de ella, y con mas razon si las personas que esten empezando ("noob" no quiero ofender alas personas nuevas ) se tope con una de estas hordas, pero creo que actualmente en la build 31, la opcion de zombicidio que aumenta mucho la cantidad de zombies  aumenta mucho la dificultad

It would be optional and not something enabled by default. Having more options is always a good thing at least if you ask me. As for people who are starting there is a "Beginner" mode in the game. Also, while insane zombie amount setting sure does increase the difficulty some of us want something that's challenging in a different way than just having to deal with a zombie "Zerg Rush".

It would be optional and not something enabled by default. Having more options is always a good thing at least if you ask me. As for people who are starting there is a "Beginner" mode in the game. Also, while insane zombie amount setting sure does increase the difficulty some of us want something that's challenging in a different way than just having to deal with a zombie "Zerg Rush".

you want to start a new and active starting the "permanent zombie memory" option, you appear in a house just find the butter knife, leave your house and a horde saw you have to move quickly to another house but for obvious reasons would not kill one horde with knife or pan or pencil, fork, spoon or with a bat would kill a horde xD, would really complicated because the horde will continue till the player to kill wing horde, xD, NOT SAY ANYTHING BAD TIP suddenly will be an option for people who want to die alos 15 minutes xD "just kidding jejejejej" rather an option for people who want another difficulty level of the game, to me is well suited memory you currently zombies,

quieres empezar una partida nueva y activas la opción "memoria zombie permanente", apareces en una casa que solo encuentras el cuchillo de mantequilla, sales de tu casa y una horda te vio  tienes que moverte rápido a otra casa pero por obvia razones no matarías una horda con el cuchillo o sarten o lápiz, tenedor , cuchara, ni con un bate matarías una horda xD, seria realmente complicado porque la horda te seguirá asta que el jugador pueda matar ala horda, xD, NO DIGO QUE SEA MALA SUGERENCIA, de pronto sera una opción para las personas que quieran morir alos 15 minutos xD " solo bromeo jejejejej", mas bien una opción para las personas que quieren otro nivel de dificultad de juego, para mi esta bien adecuada la memoria que tiene los zombies actualmente,