Ability to trap and or restrain zombies

nolanri

I want  to be able to restrain a zombie to keep as a test subject (I play on a Role playing server). Perhaps be able to make a lasoo out of a rope, or craft some kind of leash with a stick and a rope. and use that in both hands to grab a zombie and take him where you want. And need some kind of cage to put him in. If i just surround him with walls or anything he will eventuall break out. maybe after the leash is on it you can stake the other end of the rope in the ground to keep him from moving to far.

thank you for your consideration

zombie.jpg

Are you planning on making a zombie pit?

Zombies are tireless, they will eventually break out of most anything if you leave them to their devices. Most (all?) movies/literature portraying zombies in captivity have shown DISASTROUS consequences.

Concerning the suggestion, I think the laso is not really necessary, I mean, I need nothing to take a zombie where ever I want : I just need to make him follow me and push him if he is too close. About the cage or some kind of handcuffs... I think it could be a good roleplay addition to store some zombies for arenas on roleplay servers.

Off-topic :

Most (all?) movies/literature portraying zombies in captivity have shown DISASTROUS consequences.

Ah ha yeah that's true but in most of all my runs (solo or multiplayer) I always manage to trap a zombie inside my base, beteween plastered walls, in a small room and behind a two doors sas. This way, when someone is getting bored by his current tasks (woodchoping, fishing, etc...) he just need to go inside the room and have a little fist fight with the Z, make him fall and get off the room (it's pretty secured and we have a really low rate of accident  ;-) )

Concerning the suggestion, I think the laso is not really necessary, I mean, I need nothing to take a zombie where ever I want : I just need to make him follow me and push him if he is too close. About the cage or some kind of handcuffs... I think it could be a good roleplay addition to store some zombies for arenas on roleplay servers.

Off-topic :

Most (all?) movies/literature portraying zombies in captivity have shown DISASTROUS consequences.

Ah ha yeah that's true but in most of all my runs (solo or multiplayer) I always manage to trap a zombie inside my base, beteween plastered walls, in a small room and behind a two doors sas. This way, when someone is getting bored by his current tasks (woodchoping, fishing, etc...) he just need to go inside the room and have a little fist fight with the Z, make him fall and get off the room (it's pretty secured and we have a really low rate of accident  ;-) )

Your "really low rate of accident" addition to that sentence made me laugh so hard.

"Bob got bit today."

"Damn... Time to change the sign back to '0 Days Without an Accident'"

I always want to make a zombie pit!

I've heard that the basement will be added to the game, once added we can simple destroy the stairs, escape with sheet rope and push the zombies downstairs. Unless zombies can dig a tunnel by banging their heads against dirt, they can never escape. 8-)

I suppose if you installed a mod that let you build chain link fence, you could trap a zombie inside with a wooden wall then close off with chain link fence. Zombie would eventually destroy wooden wall but then you would have a fully caged zombie. (The purpose of the wooden wall would simply be to provide enough time to close off the fence.

If you could also construct a medical exam bed/gurney inside it would look very mad scientist-ish.