Different background stories

ughughugh

Now that the CDAA challenge has added a bit of a more interesting start and some background and the devs want to see this expand preferably with the help of some coders, I think it is a nice idea to make up some more CDAAs.

I am not so much interested in the challenge that is offered, but some background instead of you just spawning into the world. The mere fact that you are spawning into this zombie apocalypse without any explanation as to why it has been going on for quite a while is disappointing.

The game starts as if you have completely ignored what has been going on and that is so implausible, especially as the player quickly improves his own situation.

Anyway, let's assume the player has been away for a while and is ignorant up to this point. I'd like to see some text that explains why that is. For example you are a lumberjack and are on your way home and your car breaks down. Up north in the canadian wilderness you didn't have internet or a working phone and as you drive south you wonder why you can't switch into any radio station and the roads are desolate. Car wrecks along the highway alarm you and none of your family members answers the phone.

The game can then choose via a role of the dice to either have you crash with your car, or you run out of gas or it breaks down. So you are either injured or not, hungry or satiated, have more or less gear with you and so on. To simplify the writing of the story and the CDAA,  I suggest to make this modular.

The game has a lore nobody but the devs know of, so currently I can't see this going anywhere. Sure, some other CDAAs can be written, but as I said, I want different game starts with a background story and slight variations. Maybe you didn't go by car, but by plane and it crashed and you are the only lucky survivor. Maybe you already start with a group, because others have survived the plane crash too. Maybe you didn't drive home in your own car, but in a coach and once again you start with a group.

There is quite a number of options there. I hope TiS is already planning exactly this.

I see what you mean, but I think it was intended to be a blank slate to allow, A.) for roleplaying purposes and B.) to just show how the entire outbreak was literally spontaneous. (Hence why power is running, etc). Your character just happens to be chilling in their house at the time. :P

That is kind of why I'm interested in the new and updated Baldspot and Kate story when it comes out!  8-)

as they told us in a recent Mondoid, there will soon be radio and television broadcasts that may give us a bit more info.

no ETA of course, and exact details were not mentioned as to what the broadcasts would consist of.

Hum... When I started there was a simple story line that demonstrated that there was a sort of "Dawn of the Dead" (the newer one) outbreak. Kate broke her leg (which follows suit with the horror movie genre and women getting hurt or tripping or running slowly....... Devs... change this plz) doing something and it was up to Baldspot to fortify the house from the incoming hordes.

Kate broke her leg (which follows suit with the horror movie genre and women getting hurt or tripping or running slowly....... Devs... change this plz)

Why does this need changing?

Lol it's because the premise of women getting hurt, needing assistance, and/or getting killed straight away is quite sexist. It's an ongoing theme in horror movies that even "Scary Movie" brought to light. It would be nice to see that storyline change, perhaps even be random.

One time you could be Baldspot saving Kate, Kate saving Baldspot, Kate saving Jennifer, or Baldspot saving Larry, etc.

Lol it's because the premise of women getting hurt, needing assistance, and/or getting killed straight away is quite sexist. It's an ongoing theme in horror movies that even "Scary Movie" brought to light. It would be nice to see that storyline change, perhaps even be random.

One time you could be Baldspot saving Kate, Kate saving Baldspot, Kate saving Jennifer, or Baldspot saving Larry, etc.

Whilst I don't have any issues with reversing the roles, (you can choose to be male or female in survival/sandbox so why not in the tutorial) a woman being the recipient of something negative isn't sexist. You have no idea how Kate broke her leg. She could have broken it being a total badass, singlehandedly killing 40 zombies to save Baldspot who was cowering in the corner somewhere. We all need assistance from time to time. We can all get hurt and break our legs, regardless of gender. I've broken mine, my friend Poppy broke hers, in separate but equally stupid incidents. There's only 2 choices, woman or man. Someone was going to draw the short straw.