Visual indications of what direction sound comes from

nolanri

In real life we would be able to tell where the sound is coming from. Some kind of simple animation at the edge of the screen to give the user a general idea of what direction the thumping, gunshots ect sounds are coming from.

thank you for your consideration.

You might be interested in this: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/12827-doors-and-windows-shaking-slightly-when-pounded/?hl=%2Bdeaf#entry161696

It would be nice if there were some visual cue letting you know which way the sounds came from, as far as the ambient event noises go (as a laptop player, it is frustrating trying to decipher exactly where it came from without watching for the zombies running that way). I really don't have any ideas on how to implement it though, at least I hope the link above helps you some....it's all I've got for you, at any rate.

I see it's your first post - let me be the first to welcome you aboard!

Though I understand the need for people with disabilities, it's not something I'm a fan of outside of that context. PZ also features surround sound at this point.

But I've not personally had trouble with this in-game, even without surround-sound speakers.

I think the surround sound works extremely well. I can tell where the Z's are coming from usually, and it's especially helpful when I don't see one right behind me.

On one had I would love to see something for the hearing impaired, but on the other hand, that's a free trait right there they can take w/o a change to game play THAT much. (hard of hearing)