Let's Tell the Devs Thank You!

Demonic_Kat

I just got done reading that horrible post about how this game has been in alpha for so long. H o r r i b l e. This guy didn't even BUY the game and he was complaining. He also had no idea how long it takes to make a quality game. E.g. Warcraft 1 to 2 to 3 all had many years between them and over a decade between Starcraft and SCII. (This is not to mention all the other quality games that are not produced by Blizzard Entertainment)

I bought this game for $4.60 (I think)and it's kept me entertained through 4 years. I don't even play some games for 4 weeks. (I didn't even know I was playing it that long)

I paid about five bucks and got the first alpha release that I played for a long long time. It was worth it. Now I have a superawesomeneatamazing game that I can play for hours everyday.

All for $5. I'd pay $20-$30+ for it now.

Thank you developers. Thank you for helping my dreams of barracading a Wa*-M*rt (can I say that here?) and surviving for 3 months come true.

If this was really the game that I liked, including all my gamer tastes, Zombies, realistic survival, isometric game, a very detailed and amazing art does not need great graphics to be great, action, and cooperative, just amazing, besides that always goes with new updates this game has everything.

thank you very much to the developers.

happy-zombie-makeup.jpg

4-clapping-gif.gif

I can't express the love I feel for this game, and to be honest, I could wait another 5 or so years for it to come out of alpha.

Of all the indie teams I've come across, you guys have to be some of the nicest, and most dedicated I've ever seen. I couldn't thank you guys enough, and the community on this forum is the best one I have literally ever seen. So all in all, thumbs up to everyone, Devs and fellow Community members alike. Much love. ;)

It's really been a pleasure playing this game, and equally so to be a part of the forum.

In fact, this game was the game that geared me toward other great Indie teams and titles.

Thank you for putting the 100 man, multi-million dollar corporations to shame. 

Thank you for having the heart and soul to pour into the community...it's really amazing.

I also bought this game before it came to Steam and on Sale. I remember the time when Zomboid made my computer kneel when it wasn't as optimized as nowadays. And it's just getting better! And i love Mondoids! It's very rare that companies lsiten to their players on this level. And they keep us up to date on everything that's happening.

I've tried many many Zombie Survival games and none of them has kept me playing as long as this one. This is the first game in Steam that surpassed Skyrim in hours :D This has everything. And today i found new foods i haven't seen before. Yum!

Thank you Indie Stone, take as long as it needs, i'm already playing a great game that i always come back to! (clyde)

I love this game and I love the devs. Got it a bit after it went on steam and I've loved it since. Hundreds of hours played at this point. Mondoids are great, there are consistent updates, devs are friendly, and you can make a stir fry entirely out of ramen noodles if you want. 

Also, this is a strange one but I want to thank whoever put in the option to change the volume of heartbeat sounds. I have a pretty severe fear of hearbeats to the point where I cannot even take my own pulse without starting to freak out, and hearing them terrifies me. And not in the good "horror game" sort of way. 

Project Zomboid is, without a doubt, one of the best games I have ever played. 

Spiffo is my waifu.

Guest Styxx42

Love this game now.

Lots of work has gone into it and we need to be move vocal out there.

I have persuaded 9 people total so far to go give this game a try.

There is a great modding community as well and that can;t not be over looked.

The Devs make the game and then allowed us to use mods with it.

That is HUGE.

Thanks for everything so far.

Looking forward to more.

I too remember buying this game many years ago in it's extremely early stages. I stopped playing it for a good 2 years and then came back to it properly only recently. Absolutely no regrets at all, and it's even been some good 3D and pixel art practice thanks to the slowly growing modding community. 

The absolute overhaul of content in comparison to back when I first bought it is phenomenal and it really makes me excited thinking of the upcoming years and what they hold for PZ. 

I remember playing the demo AGES ago and feeling a bit underwhelmed. I was like "meh", and didn't look further into it.

About a month ago I stumled back upon the game on steam, and seeing all the posiive feedback and reviews about how it was evolving, I sort of grabbed it on a whim. HOLY CR*P was I ever blown away by how deep and complex the game had become! And the devs seem really active and present. This is how early access is done! The Indie Stone would have a thing or two to teach to pretty much all the Steam community.

I just stumbled upon and bought this game a week or so ago, and I have to say that it is enormously entertaining. I love the retro, isometric style, the open-ended game play, and, best of all, it is about zombies (oh, I forgot to mention the perma-death/no save!). You have really captured the ominous feeling of the apocalypse, from the ever-present, inevitable threat of death, to the music, to the scavenging and minutia of survival. 

I haven't tried multiplayer yet, but the single player game is perfect.

You have my heart-felt thanks and I eagerly await all the upcoming additions and updates (most especially the addition of NPC survivors, which will enrich the possibilities, esp. in single player, to no end).

I also thank the devs.  Been playing for about 2-3 weeks since the game was given to me as a steam gift by a fellow gamer.

After a short phase of adaptation where I though i'd hate the game and found the controls a bit quirky, i got to read PZ Wiki on basic control and such.  Then another try and I was hooked.  Been pretty much the only game I've played since.

Thanks again for a great game and the continuing effort to improve it.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive seen a couple bad reviews, but most are positive :) I plan to make a positive one too, its nice being able to talk to the devs some back and forth too. One of my very first posts had one of the devs reply to it too, was impressed. I like being heard from time to time, and the game is really fun. Im sure when the devs finish it those sort of naysayers will have to eat their hats~

I remember like it was yesterday. I woke up late one night, grabbed a beer, and started surfing the web. When i found some you-tube video of a zombie game(not this game), i thought "hey im gonna check google real quick!" I typed Zombie Survival Simulations, and was greeted with a few links of the typical(Top 10,Top 100) kinda stuff. So i checked them out.

I can't recall if PZ was number one or not but for whatever reason the name attracted me. I checked youtube and was instantly in love. The rest as they say is history. 350 hours of playing plus another 100ish on desura. I love this game so much, its potential its reached and current outlook for it. You Indie Stone has made my dream game as others, and u never stop hearing about this too. 

Thank you thank you, for this gem!!!.........i love you

To be honest, I actually pirated the game at first. I think it was build 19 or somesuch.

Not very long after that, as I came to establish the awesomeness of the game, I promptly bought it.. And then I bought another copy for my spouse. Now I'm pondering on buying a third copy for some random friend.. Hmm..

Alpha or not, it's an awesome game as is and blows all the other current zombie-survival games out of the water! *thumbup*

I have been playing since RC 2.5 and I have never stopped loving this game, this is by far my favorite zombie survival game.

There are other zombie survival games?

Hardly any worth even mentioning! 8-)