Zed Greifers

CzarUltra

• 4 weeks later...

I'm performing some necromancy on this thread

Here's why I think this is a good idea and what it would add to the game

• Atmosphere- If more houses are broken in and smashed up, it'll feel as if there must have been a struggle there, because this is the apocalypse after all, all the pristine houses seems odd. It'll add a little humanity (or make the lack there of more disturbing)
  • Extra Danger- when exploring houses, zombies would have a bigger chance of being indoors, or being able to get inside easily (since they smash windows and doors for fun now)
  • Challenge- Houses would most likely always be fixer uppers, missing doors and windows might make it difficult to find a spot early on, not to mention, zombies now don't need to just spot you to start tearing down your walls, barricades and doors-- you may just have to constantly be on the run.

Would be easy to use some RNG that windows and doors etc might spawn in as destroyed, and if it was random itd be different every time. Would be easier than scripting all new zombie behavior. As long as we could still open broken windows so we dont have to hurt ourselves to get in I'd be okay with it :P Seems like a solid idea though.

Well I suppose this might make its way into the game "naturally" when NPCs show up, having Zs chase them into their homes etc...

Otherwise I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Zombies are usually just hanging around unless stimulated, I don't see an incentive for them to go busting into houses unless they sense prey inside.

I would be in favor of adding damage to houses in some scenarios though. It would make sense when playing the "8 months after the apocalypse" for instance to have most of the houses look ransacked by looters or fighting.