Zeek's Haven [24/7 US East|NY Server][PVP][CSpawns][24GB RAM][Weekly Soft Wipes][Monthly Hard Wipes]

RichCoconut

Miss you, Rich. The other admins are useless. We need order. It's cheater central at the moment and they've already fucked over the spiffo trade. Get your arse back on the game, Rich.

Just a heads up Suede, that situation made even Rich useless.  Zac was the only who was capable of dealing with the problem in full.  So please, we would all appreciate if you didn't jump to conclusions like that until you see how hard we all worked to try and keep the spiffo trade alive and since, have replaced it with a more effective and secure form of currency.  

There's a lot going on in the background and we are handling it the best we all can, despite any real obligation to do so whatsoever.  In the future, we would be happy to take any constructive suggestions or criticisms you may have through the proper channels.  http://zeekshaven.freeforums.net/board/17/suggestions

Miss you, Rich. The other admins are useless. We need order. It's cheater central at the moment and they've already fucked over the spiffo trade. Get your arse back on the game, Rich.

Just a heads up Suede, that situation made even Rich useless.  Zac was the only who was capable of dealing with the problem in full.  So please, we would all appreciate if you didn't jump to conclusions like that until you see how hard we all worked to try and keep the spiffo trade alive and since, have replaced it with a more effective and secure form of currency.  

There's a lot going on in the background and we are handling it the best we all can, despite any real obligation to do so whatsoever.  In the future, we would be happy to take any constructive suggestions or criticisms you may have through the proper channels.  http://zeekshaven.freeforums.net/board/17/suggestions

Alright, mate, it was just a joke. Don't cry about it.

Hello. I'm here to make a ban request. 
There are two Russian cheaters on your server. 
The first one has nickname "Иванов", the second one - "Captain Nemo"

(As I understand they are close friends, so he's a suspect too)

(Look at last 4 messages by Иванов) He says "People, I will join the server using another save".
Vcxql3XZ3FM.jpg
Here's the second screenshot, where he says "People, I will save my character now" (by saving a character he means making backup of the save files)
5B2KY0YWMzc.jpg

It's not fair at all. So, please, ban these guys. 

Regards

Thanks Red, dealt with for now.  We definitely need a more permanent solution as my russian language skills are strictly google-related

So, you're checking server logs using google?  :D If you need my help, I can check server logs for rasism, bad language and other stuff.

I played on your server this weekend with my friend (he's still playing and telling me cool stories about his adventures)

We saw a lot of Russian players who had bad manners (also there were good people). And all we could was finding them and killing (but this is not effective. if they cheat)

This is a good server, just stay out of west point. People KOS there relentlessly, there are a few players who play the bandit, unfortunately no-one is playing sheriff. That and they kill new players so prepare for an hour of gathering gear to be shot in the back and then be told your a noob.

This server can run as it likes. However, I see no reason to waste such a large server with rules allowing killing on site. When a lucky jerk finds a pistol and creeps up on you and shoots 15 rounds from medium distance with no time to react there is something wrong. This server could do with better rules for so many people or it should be called "Project DayZ: The server".

I suggest not choosing your location inWest Point. The server has rules for PVP, and you are more than welcomed to register on our forums to better voice your opinion of the server - it might get some new rules in your favor ;).

However, as it stands, we want to allow freedom of choice, and with this, i apologize for the trouble youve both experienced. I recommend Muld in a secluded place which is opposite of West Point.

Our forums are located here: zeekshaven.freeforums.net

Hope you guys can give us another go, have a lot of new events coming!(if they havent already begun rolling out)

^ Also these occurrences don't happen to everyone.  we have a lot of new players who come in to our server for their first attempts at the game or their first server and end up staying because of (or despite) the added challenge (some have even referred to it as realism).

Questions about game functions and dangerous areas are always welcomed and answered by either us or even by the bandits who are out to kill you. But we certainly can't make everyone happy, just the few who choose to put up with us ;) 

We couldn't possibly be a full PVP server without a few innocent casualties along the way, and for this reason we offer plenty of opportunities to get a decent start.  But much like in a "real" apocalypse, cities with the best loot have bandits and survival (even for the peaceful) is no walk in the park.  

Events (both dated and passive) and various incentives for groups to accept newcomers and grow their numbers.  Join up on zeekshaven.freeforums.net and get involved with our buzzing community, or don't.  Either way we are here for you, should you decide that this is where you want to be.

Hi, I'd like to share my experiences on this popular server "Zeek's Haven".

I joined this server after playing only single-player for quite some time just to try it how multiplayer worked. At the very beginning, I was disappointed to find almost no zombies around in my start city (Mul), and it took me about 30 real minutes to find another player. I ended up running to West Point. In WP, I found other players and a more experienced player ended up taking a couple of us to her base...from that first trip (which was loads of fun, btw) I've had a pretty good time on the server over the last couple of weeks.

Here are my thoughts on different server aspects:

The Admins: They are very engaged, active, and generally friendly. It is easy to tell that they love the game and enjoy the prosperity of their server. I often get the 'drunk college boy' vibe from them ("I'm soooo drunk, haha" type stuff), but I have not seen a single instance of admin abuse, cheating, or even unfair treatment against a player or group of players...not even against the Russians, who have a relatively poor reputation on the server. I've never seen blatant disrespect or anything of that nature and the admins are quick to keep things game-friendly. The admins have a presence and keep busy on this server creating raids and interacting with players. I'm happy to give them 5 out of 5 stars.

Server Setup and Rules: Loot seems to be very abundant and easy to get. It respawns in large quantities every 2 in game hours (a few minutes) if the map chunk hasn't been seen. I don't like that very much. I can easily loot a few houses and return to loot the same houses on my way back and everything has spawned. Zombie population was very low (mostly due to an active playerbase), but with build 32, is very high and infinite.

This isn't an RP server--the owner (Zeek) does have a whitelist-only RP server, but I've had no luck getting through their whitelist application process in 8 days thus far. I like RP more, but this server is the one I've been able to play on. PvP is allowed and encouraged. I see people (usually newbies) getting multi-killed by vets and there is rampant kill on sight. That said, using reasonable caution and intermediate tactics, I have yet to be killed on the server except for a bug in an admin-created event. PvP is there, but it really only affects those that are unlucky, foolish, or new. If you want to avoid it using caution, it is fairly simple.

One player can have many characters, so it is easy to hide your identity/reputation and fill out multiple game roles by yourself.

A major downside to the server is that there is some clear money-grabbing going on in terms of donations. In game benefits for out of game funds. The strategy really helps the server costs, but it will also be a big negative in my mind. On the other hand, the benefits are not drastic and do not give players a noticeable unfair advantage vs each other. Mostly geared towards saving your base.

I give the server 3/5 for server rules and set up. Fun, but clearly geared for the action characters (at its heart it is not a survival/rp server!). Makes it a bit too easy to avoid reputation pitfalls for pure griefers and trolls. Donation system is controversial.

Players: Global. I had a Chilean, Japanese, French, and Italian with me (American) in the same group one night. I love this. Spanish is a common global language in the chat. Many Russians as well, but they typically stick to their own kind on the server. There are jerks, nice people, intelligent, and of course, mostly average game players. I personally find the admins a bit too lenient on the trolling, so there are some definite and persistant bad eggs (just check out this thread for example). So, I give the players 4/5...which is about as good as can be in a non-whitelisted, popular server on any game.

Admins: 5/5

Server setup/rules: 3/5

Players: 4/5

Final: 4/5.

This is likely the best server you'll find.