Zeek's Haven [24/7 US East|NY Server][PVP][CSpawns][24GB RAM][Weekly Soft Wipes][Monthly Hard Wipes]

RichCoconut

So the dowbside to donating (only found one) but i tried to log in at work (haha im awful :D) but i guess cuz the ip address is different? it won't let me log on to my dude, but forces me to start a new char. AND i can use the name BoogerDad to start a new character which leads me to believe that anyone could use the name BoogerDad. Am i missing something? Or is this something you wonderul admins can fix?

Oh no, you found out the secret... Character data isn't stored on the servers, yet. We're hoping this becomes a reality soon. Since this leaves people the ability to manipulate their own character data. People who do that.. we ban. Hence the term "Reloading characters". Preventing them from ever losing gear or stats. Ban, ban, ban.

As far as the name goes, just pass me a password in a Private Message that you would like to use and I'll whitelist your name so no one else can use it. =)

It does have a password. Thats why i thought it was weird. I haven't quite figured out the whole character reloading trick as i was too afraid of deleting the character i actually worked on with this name business. Dirty character manipulation sucks half the fun out of the game. Like, great... Your character's stats are stacked... Now what?! I guess kill and grief? Pffft. Damn right ban those bastards.

It does have a password. Thats why i thought it was weird. I haven't quite figured out the whole character reloading trick as i was too afraid of deleting the character i actually worked on with this name business. Dirty character manipulation sucks half the fun out of the game. Like, great... Your character's stats are stacked... Now what?! I guess kill and grief? Pffft. Damn right ban those bastards.

Also, everyone who cannot connect, please update your Project Zomboid client to the latest 31.11 (IWBUMS) in order to connect to the servers by restarting Steam and making sure you have Project Zomboid to stay updated. Thanks!  (fedora)

(If you cannot connect in the future, try making sure you have the latest, this is usually a simple issue if you can't connect.)

What does "no reloading characters" mean?

It means, what it says. Don't reload your character. In any event, you copy your save and something happened to your character... eg. Death... You would reload the last save so that nothing happened to the character.. This offense warrants a ban, after being warned not to do it. We have pretty easy ways of finding out who does this.

Has the spawn rate of zombies been lowered recently, Zeek? Not talking about the towns, but it's been harder and harder to find large groups of zombies even on the outskirts of the map. They also seem dumber as well, but that's just me.

Just curious.

Red broke it, I fixed it...

Damnit, Red! :s Haha Thanks Zeek...

It's true, I changed an option and it put a secret character into the option. Not sure how to report it effectively but have learned my lesson  :ph34r:  Sorry for freezing you guys up!

hailkingspiffo  - for latest branch

Step 1. Open Steam

Step 2. Right click Project Zomboid in your library

Step 3. Go to Betas tab and type into the code box: hailkingspiffo

Step 4. Get the ok text below box, then use drop down menu above the code box to select the one that says "31.12" in it

Step 5. Re-open Steam to make sure the game updates to this version.

Step 6. Open game and join server.

Step 1. Open Steam

Step 2. Right click Project Zomboid in your library

Step 3. Go to Betas tab and type into the code box: hailkingspiffo

Step 4. Get the ok text below box, then use drop down menu above the code box to select the one that says "31.12" in it

Step 5. Re-open Steam to make sure the game updates to this version.

Step 6. Open game and join server.

I know I'm a loser at 8am trying to log on before breakfast, but Online test version has been updated to 31.13.  

Can't even access 31.12 anymore and the server keeps laughing at me :(    just a heads up.

"HAHAHAHA"

"Shutup Server, I'm asking them about it now!"

zeek can you please update either this post or your website to have the beta code for your servers current version? then all your community members can get the right version faster and get back to enjoying your epic server! PS i added you on steam to talk to you about this feel free to add me because i still have more to say ill tell you if you add me :)

I know I'm a loser at 8am trying to log on before breakfast, but Online test version has been updated to 31.13.  

Can't even access 31.12 anymore and the server keeps laughing at me :(    just a heads up.

"HAHAHAHA"

Try restarting Steam, to see if that gets it to pickup there's an update.

"HAHAHAHA"

Try restarting Steam, to see if that gets it to pickup there's an update.

hailkingspiffo  -> "Your steam client is up-to-date."  and  "Your current version (31.13) does not match the server version (31.12)"  (there are also no available servers in my public server list)  How am i doing this so wrong?

hailkingspiffo  -> "Your steam client is up-to-date."  and  "Your current version (31.13) does not match the server version (31.12)"  (there are also no available servers in my public server list)  How am i doing this so wrong?

Ahh, ok, you'll need to wait for Zeek to update the server then, I suspect a new version's been pushed.