Zeek's Haven [24/7 US East|NY Server][PVP][CSpawns][24GB RAM][Weekly Soft Wipes][Monthly Hard Wipes]

RichCoconut

Having been on the server for a couple days I think the biggest problem is the numpad exploit that spawns every one of the new guns along with every size cannister of ammo. I think it's built into whichever mod adds the tons o' guns, because anyone can do it. The same thing has been happening on the official Spiffo mod server. So there are several players running around with unlimited guns n ammo, and the KOS fappery is even worse than usual in WP. There are piles of every type of gun and cannister of ammo laying around for anyone to pick up, along with the usual reload duping and piles of random crap from respawning containers. Don't get me wrong, I like anarchy servers. But this is seriously game breaking. Just check the global chat logs from last night or walk around downtown WP.

Good to know Fubar, thanks for the headsup.  I would agree that THAT is a game-breaker. I'll try and get some time to at least do some surface cleaning on the map tonight, while our pro eggheads think of a more permanent solution.  Would you mind sending bug reports to the appropriate devs? (ORGTMguns in this case, I think) and hopefully a more stable version of the mod will be released soon, with less of these tiny little holes that exploited into huge tears into the fabric of our escape from time and ... well whatever place.  

We love our server too and anarchy is not why.  KOS is allowed but when it is aided and abetted by broken game parts, then I feel it's gone too far. 

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/11164-ormtnmans-real-guns-mod-1242-3230/page-57

I posted a request to give admins an option to change or remove the test cheat key. I also opened the mod zip and looked through the .lua configs. The culprit is in ORGM\media\lua\client\ORGMTest.lua, which is included in every download automatically from the Steam workshop or even installing it manually in the mods folder. Since this is a client side function I don't know if it can be easily blocked on the server side, but maybe that file could be removed in a newer version which would force a re-download.

In any case maybe an admin should pm ORMtnMan and work something out. I don't think he really intended to break public servers.

Thanks Fubar. I'll make sure our Head of Staff sees this asap

Obviously the simplest solution would be to have the mod devs fix their slip-up instead of patching overtop but as we know, most modders create in their spare time, so this fix may at least be worth implementing while we patiently wait for stability...

. . .

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 6/8/2016 at 7:04 AM, Friendly said:

If you see this than you know that I will return to Zeeks Heaven....

Just in case you think im dead.

I'm back, however, If demand for the rebirth is here, I might do that. I will probably just help out with others though.  Full on management of a server is not something I can commit to at this time, but in the near future it may be a possibility.