Zeek's Haven [24/7 US East|NY Server][PVP][CSpawns][24GB RAM][Weekly Soft Wipes][Monthly Hard Wipes]

RichCoconut

No xulnaga, if you were apart of this particular saga you might have a better understanding and transparency into the situation. If you also see previous post - both positive and negative, I've never not once asked until this moment.

Sorry that the post reflected a false identity of myself to you. :)

This is the things we're trying to do here. For everyone apart of our community - both in games, here, and on our forums - thank you for being so awesome to hang with. We want to ensure everyone that we care about our community, working around the clock, and we are deeply moved by hearing such words that give me a warm fuzzy feeling. Thank YOU for being so awesome, and hope to see you many more days to come.

294jda9.jpg

I dont understand. why my base are disappear and the ruinis of old player are already in the all map? i did it the last week my tower, in the spiffo's roof. why?

If you did it last week and have been away, chances are someone took over your base. We haven't done a hard wipe yet.

I don't recommend making your base a POI, because honestly, it sticks out like a sore thumb and people will go and investigate it to raid.

As Zac likes to put it; "If it's in town, it's going' down." and I agree. Be more secretive & goodluck in the future! :)

Been on TIS forum since we moved to this new forum and I have only 50 posts. This is my third in this server thread. Also I was Wilson from the screenshot Rich posted above.

For about a week or more, IWBUMS allowing, Rich and his fellow admins have been assaulting us with very exciting challenges. Puzzle buildings full of traps and deadly wrong turns, protect the survivor/structure missions with insane zombies waves. Recently pitting us against what became a real time two and a half hour battle for survival. We pleaded server wide for help (we were doomed) and even got a few KOS bandits to help out. I was as shell shocked and wearied as my character. I don't think anyone who participated could say much negative about the experience (other than the perma death nature of PZ, the heartbreak of a good character dead). I only wish I had the software/know how to have made some video. The ingame narratives have been incredible.

If you are looking for a server, nothing against any other (played many and never had a truly bad experience), this place is a blast. And please participate in one of these events, for your sake. It is quite challenging and creates an original play through. Just be prepared to die many times in pursuit of victory and glory.

Zeek, Rich, Hobbes, Aniketos, Pot of Water, thank you for a great server. All the players, thank you for making these raids and events an awesome experience. All of you at Indie Stone, thank you for working tirelessly to create a game world I can have this much fun and variety in.

Now join up and help us win the next event!

• 3 weeks later...

Servers still doing well and is on Build 32 now. If anyone's looking for a challenging survival experience and realistic role play this is a good server to check out. The forums are being moved and it's a little messy but all you have to do is register on the site. Hope to see more players soon!

The crappy forum no water/elec and loot experiment has failed. Go back to what it was before. You're losing people to other servers.

Not that I care, I was banned. Just thinking about my handsome and muscular/chick magnet friend who happens to play on your server now and again.

The crappy forum no water/elec and loot experiment has failed. Go back to what it was before. You're losing people to other servers.

Not that I care, I was banned. Just thinking about my handsome and muscular/chick magnet friend who happens to play on your server now and again.

The majority of voiced opinions has been to the opposite - our player-base has enjoyed the experiment, and many people reversed their previously negative opinions. If you would like changes to the way we operate the server to be made, rejoin the forums, state your opinion in the proper channels, and bolster community support for your proposal. If it seems like something that a considerable representation of the community is interested in, there's a good chance that we'll make the change, or at least trial it - the utilities experiment was initiated by a majority opinion rising out of a community-made poll and discussion, after all.

In this particular instance - there is already a poll and a discussion on the topic of re-enabling the utilities, which currently rests at more than 80% against ending the experiment. There are also two additional proposals for ways in which the utilities' states would toggle dynamically. All of this has been facilitated by our "crappy forum."

Alternately, if you still would like us to ignore our player base and make all of our decisions based on your whims, it may be time to host your own server! Or join one of the many others that already uses the settings you seek. We will not modify our server's experience to suite any single player (particularly one who consistently berates and insults the server, community, and administration team) - but we will engage in discussions regarding the merits and plausible outcomes of changes. You can persuade the administration team with empathy, community support, and grounded arguments, but dishing orders and insults and making demands will get you nowhere.

And I'm sure the 5 or so people that answered your little forum poll love the experiment. The numbers on zeeks server lately show a different story. 

And while ya at it stop offering heals on your forum. Combat logging has increased ten-fold. Give 'em ammo or crap instead. It's not fair on the 99% that don't visit.

Wrote this on my ps3, can ya believe this crap? What a time to be alive. 

wxtirKR.pngModerator Warning

The definition of unlovely.

I created that poll on the server forum for exactly the reasons you say Suede, and got the results you assumed. Your maverick attitude was enjoyed by me (though I am sure you did not like me in game) but you make it so difficult for the admins or players to appreciate your positive attributes. Temper 8 out of 10 things you think to say out loud before you say them and I for one would be glad to see you come back.

You are a loss to active player base yourself. Want to offer server something more than cheeky advice? Relax a few degrees and consider returning. Turning utilities back on is a larger picture idea, but you miss the larger picture regarding your own presence and attitude.

And while ya at it stop offering heals on your forum. Combat logging has increased ten-fold. Give 'em ammo or crap instead. It's not fair on the 99% that don't visit.

In two months of operation, we've accrued 275 members and 1,936 posts on our forums (that averages to more than 4 new members and 30 posts per day) - clearly some fraction significantly greater than 1% of our player-base uses the platform.

We desire and actively ask for our player-base to help us improve upon the community experience - this is why the community forums exist in the first place! We will not argue with you regarding the merits of your rudely-phrased opinions and hyperbolic arguments when the rest of the community is already having a civil discussion about the same topics elsewhere. If you don't want to use our forums, then don't, but your thoughts would have had a lot more weight in the designated section of the official, advertised Zeek's Haven community forums (where our players are actually already going to discuss the settings and systems of our forums and servers) rather than this meta-thread in the PZ Multiplayer Server List (where I feel people mostly come just to find reviews and general details of the server - and most of our members will never see it), never mind your profanity-strewn in-game assertions (which never actually influenced anyone).

Instead of sharing with us what you don't like about our "crappy forums" and how you think they might be improved, you've chosen to constantly denounce and insult them both in-game, and here. If you're not going to be heard where it matters and you're not willing to actually discuss your suggestions with others, why bother being vocal at all?

I think you're not interested in being constructive at all, but rather destructive. You've clearly made an effort to flaunt that you're subverting your ban (again). To do what - needlessly agitate us? You've spent a lot of time really driving home exactly how much you despise our server, our staff, and our community - yet you are evidently insistent on returning. As stated before - you can appeal your ban if you wish to return to Zeek's. However, we're nowhere so inclined welcome you back when you refuse to appeal, subvert your ban, and then post here to little more than troll and provoke us.

You are the only person I've heard actually complain about us having forums, for which you've never actually provided us any feedback whatsoever - all I've ever heard you say is that they're garbage. I have no idea why you're so ridiculously insistent that no one uses them, either.. really hard to say when you haven't logged in since May, I would think. If people choose not to use the forums, that is by all means their right, and we won't hold it against them - but since we are a public server, with forums offering public membership - there is no unfair advantage for any part of our player-base. The server is a part of the community, and the community is a part of the server - restricting yourself to the game or the forums alone is to only experience a fraction of what is Zeek's Haven. Choosing not to participate in the forums will prevent you from using some of our community's features like our currency, group forums, and polls and discussions. But in a game that's impossible to "win," I think it's hard to call any of these things an "unfair advantage" - and you will almost certainly still experience the full multiplayer Project Zomboid extravaganza as it's intended - but everyone is welcome to join the forums and enjoy and help us build and improve upon the features we are striving to enrich our server and community with. If you really think the forum members have an unfair advantage, spend two minutes registering an account on our forums - problem solved!

We wish we could change that so that even those who choose not to engage the forums could enjoy our economy, have access to all the static content and engage in large-scale discussions in a meaningful, lasting manner in-game, but it simply isn't possible - we're doing the best we can with what we have. In-game economies remain susceptible to hacker abuse as our server has witnessed, and live chat is not suited to share lore, guides, list the current server settings, link to map locations, provide full descriptions of events, share suggestions for and feedback on settings and systems, etc. etc. etc...

If you don't like the way the server operates and are unwilling to vie for change where it actually matters - the obvious solution is to stop interacting with the server. Despite constantly emphasizing it to be dirt, and asserting that it's populated and administered by people that you've made it abundantly clear that you despise, you keep coming back. You'd think if you enjoyed a server enough to keep sneaking past bans and regularly appearing to rudely make suggestions on how it functions that you could be bothered to show a little respect for the people who make it possible - but why start now, right? 

If a restaurant consistently serves you a dish that you absolutely despise regardless of what you order, would you also refuse to talk to the manager and continue visiting the establishment just to spite yourself? Would you hang around the front door day after day to publicly slander the outlet and it's employees before walking in to place your order?

We're trying to offer you a service - free of charge, and largely malleable to fit our community's desires. Is it really necessary to spit in our face at every little turn?

A Personal Note

Even when you took every opportunity to slander the admins in global chat apparently without any knowledge of what we actually do, I was still alright with you - you're entitled to your own opinion, even if it I can find no rational basis in it.

When you really became unpleasant in my eyes was when you started following up every message I sent in global with profanity-strewn insults specifically directed at me with no aim or address - even if I was simply answering someone's question regarding how to craft a campfire. All I had done previously to possibly "harm" you was state my own opinions with facts to back them up as counter-points to your general negativity and apparent perception of our volunteer staff as "big bad lazy useless authority figures." Seeking a resolution to your hostility I inquired as to why you were behaving in such a manner, to which you basically replied "I'm not" and proceeded to carry on insulting me. Even then I didn't do so much as complain - I let it slide and hoped maybe eventually you'd just chill out, or find resolution to whatever conflict you saw on your own terms. But, of course, you didn't; as far as I can tell you are aggravated and discontent unless you are aggravating others - that truly seems to be what you enjoy most.

I've never seen admins give any player so many chances as were handed to you - and I think that's largely due to them enjoying the element you brought to the server, even if they didn't personally enjoy or agree with you.

Months and a few bans later, you're still going out of your way to insult, flaunt your subversion of administrative action, and vehemently refuse to engage in any variety of constructive discussion - it's become clear that you are the very definition of a griefer, and you will be treated as such by our community so long as you continue to be aggressively disrespectful and needlessly confrontational.

Until you care to share your opinions in a manner that they might actually do some good (surprisingly, I still believe your opinions could do some good if you'd change your attitude), please keep them to yourself as there is nothing to gain. You have made it abundantly clear that you don't have any of interest in improving Zeek's Haven with the rest of us - you just really enjoy antagonizing people.

Nothing more need be said. I hope you find a community you truly enjoy - because as far as anyone can tell, for the many tens of hours you've spent on our server (I'm thinking close to, if not greater than 100 hours) you haven't enjoyed a single minute of it.

Goodbye, Suede.

Weren't you the guy that told me the person that was killing me was spawning at mine, kromes and devins base, anik? I betrayed those guys because of that. Now i find out it was bullshit made up from an admin with a grudge 

What I do, kill ya before you turned admin? That personal note is bullshit. The people that do know me know I don't act like that.

Cheers dierd for the reply, hopefully you can reply to me in the future instead of the other guy. It's either the beer or my 70 iq, but his posts turn me crosseyed.

PS3 rocks. To the admin that gave me a warning: My bad. I type how i speak. So I can understand how I might seem aggressive or abusive. Don't mean it, just English.

wxtirKR.pngModerator Warning

Time to step away from the thread.

-Connall

Weren't you the guy that told me the person that was killing me was spawning at mine, kromes and devins base, anik? I betrayed those guys because of that. Now i find out it was bullshit made up from an admin with a grudge 

What I do, kill ya before you turned admin? That personal note is bullshit. The people that do know me know I don't act like that.

Cheers dierd for the reply, hopefully you can reply to me in the future instead of the other guy. It's either the beer or my 70 iq, but his posts turn me crosseyed.

PS3 rocks. To the admin that gave me a warning: My bad. I type how i speak. So I can understand how I might seem aggressive or abusive. Don't mean it, just English.

oh suede... *shakes head*  you are embarrassing yourself now. 

Please join me in a warm welcoming of our new Acting Chief of Staff "Hobbes". He's shown his dedication and time spent here at Zeek's Haven and has done a lot for the community. For the next couple of Months while RichCoconut is away on personal business Hobbes will be the head honcho over here at Zeek's Haven. If you have any concerns or issues, please be sure to voice them on our forums or pm our staff. We'll be happy to assist you in any way that we can.

As always, thank you for playing and helping make Project Zomboid community great!

• 4 weeks later...