More option for zombie speed

Ronarch

Does anyone else want an option that set the zombie speed between sprinter and fast shambler?

Sprinter setting renders a quite impossible difficulty unless many other zombie lores are weakened. (and it simply doesn't work in multiplayer currently)

But fast shambler is not challenging enough even with superhuman strength and tougher toughness. (zombies still can't catch you even you are just walking away)

So I would really want one more variation, maybe called jogger, to be included and it places the zombie's speed between sprinter and fast shambler.

This makes you have to run to avoid being caught by zombie hordes.

Also, I think it would be super nice if another option is presented to change the distribution of zombie's top speed.

eg. 10% Sprinter + 35% Jogger + 35% Fast Shambler + 20% Shambler

A zombie that can out run you when you walk is desired

Yup, there is something really hilarious about being chased by a horde of 50 zeds and managing to get away from their grasp by... walking away. Sure, occasionally one gets close enough to start trying to bite you but by the time the "bite" animation is complete you've already walked away imagining it's confusion at the fact it bit the air.

And all that on Fast Shamblers with a character that has all skills on 0 so nothing speeds him up. Shamblers will never catch you if you don't straight out stop in place and let them.

• 3 weeks later...

This literally sounds like the most simple mod you could make.

Add an additional button, add some intermediate values in the Zombiespeed/ Sandbox.lua Files and boom bam bang!

How has no modder picked this up?

I play with sprinters sometimes.
What  i do is i try to get guns early on to lure a massive amount of the poopulation into one house that i have walled shut except for 2 doors.
Then turn the oven on and burn it to the ground.

And i won.
Most zombies in that area are now smoking ash.
I drop my guns and start using the knife jawstab method.

Also, I think it would be super nice if another option is presented to change the distribution of zombie's top speed.

I'd definitely like to see this as an option in Sandbox, the ability to mix up the zombie speeds a bit, some "idle" types, as well as various speeds, at configurable percentages etc. (clyde)

I'd definitely like to see this as an option in Sandbox, the ability to mix up the zombie speeds a bit, some "idle" types, as well as various speeds, at configurable percentages etc. (clyde)

This should already be in the game

Agreed. I only really play with shamblers since I always preferred those kind of zombies in media, but extra options would be fun to play around with, especially if it got into percentages (provided the animations were properly adjusted to ensure a zombie wasn't walking at the speed of sound, of course.)

This literally sounds like the most simple mod you could make.

Add an additional button, add some intermediate values in the Zombiespeed/ Sandbox.lua Files and boom bam bang!

How has no modder picked this up?

I play with sprinters sometimes.

What  i do is i try to get guns early on to lure a massive amount of the poopulation into one house that i have walled shut except for 2 doors.

Then turn the oven on and burn it to the ground.

And i won.

Most zombies in that area are now smoking ash.

I drop my guns and start using the knife jawstab method.

I'll try to do something about this in my Walking Dead mod.